Chizik to NC State...?

DKW 86

Chizik to NC State, he has been approached.

I have been as strong as anyone on the Internet supporting the idea that CTT et al stay in Auburn. I am getting signals that the drawnout AD search is now costing Dr Ed. a ton of credibility with the staff.

WTH is taking so long? Why did we not get this Friday? Why no word?

Does this remind anyone of the Airplane ride story yet? It does me.

Can Richardson blow a 12-0- staff by srewing up the AD hire and the contracts? We will see soon, very soon.

I hope we like the answer.

Having lived in the Raleigh area for a time, I can assure you that going to NC State would be a big step down. They don't have the facilities or support required for a big-time college football program. I suspect it would take a LOT of green to make that move attractive.

Think about it for a minute. Chizik wants to be a head coach someday, and if he stays at AU that day will come soon. Auburn is a place where you can compete for all the marbles. How many ACC championships has NC State won? The only advantage NCS might have is that they offer him a lot more money tahn he is making now. This is why CTT is talking about getting his assistants raises and multi-year contracts. I sure hope he succeeds. I can handle losing an assistant who becomes a head coach...that's a compliment to CTT and our program. But to lose one to an inferior team in an inferior conference....wow, that's unimaginable.

Coach Borges said, "Why would anyone want to leave Auburn to go to Stanford? But Stanford is a good place to coach."

I can imagine Coach Chizik saying, "Why would anyone want to leave Auburn to go to NC State? But NC State is a good place to coach."

If he were going there to be head coach, I could see the move. But not a lateral move. In fact that would be a lateral move in name only. Not in reality.

Why would Chizik want to go to NCState? Do you honestly think that could pay him what Auburn is paying? Do they have a program that is even on the same level as Auburn? I mean they did not even get selected to go to a bowl this year.

Chizik to NC State, he has been approached.

I have been as strong as anyone on the Internet supporting the idea that CTT et al stay in Auburn. I am getting signals that the drawnout AD search is now costing Dr Ed. a ton of credibility with the staff.

WTH is taking so long? Why did we not get this Friday? Why no word?

Does this remind anyone of the Airplane ride story yet? It does me.

Can Richardson blow a 12-0- staff by srewing up the AD hire and the contracts? We will see soon, very soon.

I hope we like the answer.

132569[/snapback]

Fact.....Richardson will announce the new AD Monday. It will either be Jacobs or Radokovich.

Coach Borges said, "Why would anyone want to leave Auburn to go to Stanford?  But Stanford is a good place to coach."

I can imagine Coach Chizik saying, "Why would anyone want to leave Auburn to go to NC State?  But NC State is a good place to coach."

If he were going there to be head coach, I could see the move.  But not a lateral move.  In fact that would be a lateral move in name only.  Not in reality.

132577[/snapback]

No biggie, but I think it was Oregon, not Stanford. :)

Fact.....Richardson will announce the new AD Monday. It will either be Jacobs or Radokovich.

132654[/snapback]

Fact....it will be announced Tuesday

Archived