If at first you fail to restore the conditions for a financial crisis, try, try again.

homersapien

But let's clear the air Blue and get back to the real topic:

Do you personally support further relaxation of the newly re-instituted financial regulations? Do you think we are better off to restore the conditions prior to the financial crisis?

To be perfectly candid. I dont know but I dont think we'll have to worry about relaxing the regs to the prior standards.

Well, do you support the last GOP-led initiative which recently failed?

I support re-instituting Glass Steagal Act in its entirety

No, I was speaking about how Warren damaged her credibility with the fauxcahontas episode. She damaged her appeal to the common folks. She has handed any competitors a huge weapon.

My point was the ambiguity of how you stated it: "My problem is that fauxcahontas..." Surely I don't need to explain it?

Surely not. She has never been Native American. :)

Nope but she had no problem claiming native american heritage when that law professorship became available at Harvard. It was also well known Harvard was under, at least, some pressure to have minority representation in its law school faculty. She knew that. Its at least somewhat interesting that once she was tenured, she stopped listing her native american heritage on the faculty roster. Seems that's a character problem more than a credibility problem. If she'll lie about her heritage for her enrichment, I'd say its fair to assume she'll lie, much like Obama, whenever its expedient in advancing her agenda.

Again, no one with any sense of proportion would think that.

No, I was speaking about how Warren damaged her credibility with the fauxcahontas episode. She damaged her appeal to the common folks. She has handed any competitors a huge weapon.

My point was the ambiguity of how you stated it: "My problem is that fauxcahontas..." Surely I don't need to explain it?

Nope but she had no problem claiming native american heritage when that law professorship became available at Harvard. It was also well known Harvard was under, at least, some pressure to have minority representation in its law school faculty. She knew that. Its at least somewhat interesting that once she was tenured, she stopped listing her native american heritage on the faculty roster. Seems that's a character problem more than a credibility problem. If she'll lie about her heritage for her enrichment, I'd say its fair to assume she'll lie, much like Obama, whenever its expedient in advancing her agenda.

Well I have an excellent sense of proportion and when it comes to people, Ive always subscribed the the age old adage. fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me. People that lie get one chance and she had hers. Funny that politicians lying is A-OK with you.....presumably, as long as they're leftists. :-\

Well, if you don't know enough to have an opinion on deregulating the financial industry, it's hardly surprising that you lack a sense of proportion in weighing Warren's past mistakes against the financial collapse of the country.

And don't put words in my mouth. I never said that politicians lies are OK with me. But I do have enough common sense enough to apply a sense of proportion to them.

And I am not so naive to think we all haven't told a lie at some point in our past, especially politicians for whom it is practically a job requirement.

But let's clear the air Blue and get back to the real topic:

Do you personally support further relaxation of the newly re-instituted financial regulations? Do you think we are better off to restore the conditions prior to the financial crisis?

To be perfectly candid. I dont know but I dont think we'll have to worry about relaxing the regs to the prior standards.

Well, do you support the last GOP-led initiative which recently failed?

I support re-instituting Glass Steagal Act in its entirety

So, in other words, no. You support what a majority of Democrat's - including Warren - support.

Well I have an excellent sense of proportion and when it comes to people, Ive always subscribed the the age old adage. fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me. People that lie get one chance and she had hers. Funny that politicians lying is A-OK with you.....presumably, as long as they're leftists. :-\

Well, if you don't know enough to have an opinion on deregulating the financial industry, it's hardly surprising that you lack a sense of proportion in weighing Warren's past mistakes against the financial collapse of the country.

And don't put words in my mouth. I never said that politicians lies are OK with me. But I do have enough common sense enough to apply a sense of proportion to them.

And I am not so naive to think we all haven't told a lie at some point in our past, especially politicians for whom it is practically a job requirement.

I'm for re-instituting the Glass Steagal Act. THAT is an opinion of where I think the regs should be. Your take about lying only works for lefties. You and your ilk still have heartburn over Republican lies on which you base most ALL your opinions.

I'm for re-instituting the Glass Steagal Act. THAT is an opinion of where I think the regs should be. Your take about lying only works for lefties. You and your ilk still have heartburn over Republican lies on which you base most ALL your opinions.

You lost me. :dunno:

But if it matters, I was referring to your response on post #24.

Archived