Men vs. uat - Post-game thread

InfernoOrangeSS

I'm hearing this morning that the classy bammers were at it again by chanting the F-Bomb cheer during the timeouts. Stay classy bammers, stay classy!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hearing this morning that the classy bammers were at it again by chanting the F-Bomb cheer during the timeouts. Stay classy bammers, stay classy!

Any fanbase that will scream "Hey Chattanooga, we just beat the hell out of you" is already beyond despicable. Sportsmanship, fair play and respect for opponents are things all of us that played or coached have had drilled into us since our first day of rec league sports. They know better over there, they simply don't care. They've got too much Updyke in them.

Nobody here has said anything about Bruce not being the right guy for the job or that he won't improve the team eventually. NOBODY... Last I checked we are all voluntarily Auburn fans and voluntarily give our money to AU...Coaches on the other hand are only part of the AU family because they are being paid to be. Funny how willing family members have a criticism of a paid family member and that requires 50 other willing family members to spend hours and days attacking a willing family member who criticized a guy making millions to be a family member. Some "family" we are. Anyone making millions of dollars to be part of our family is open to criticism. Pretty sad day when you can't even vent to other "family" members without being raked over the coals for having a less than positive reaction to disappointing results.

Any fanbase that will scream "Hey Chattanooga, we just beat the hell out of you" is already beyond despicable. Sportsmanship, fair play and respect for opponents are things all of us that played or coached have had drilled into us since our first day of rec league sports. They know better over there, they simply don't care. They've got too much Updyke in them.

Not a coincidence that both men's and women's teams had players ejected this week for playing like thugs...

Very disappointing finish. We are a very streaky team. We happened to hit a cold steak at the end and still had a chance to win in the closing minutes. Interesting team we have this year. I feel like we could beat any team we play and we could lose to any team we play. You never know how our games will play out so it makes you want to watch every game. Exciting television. We are heading in the right direction. Never like losing to Bama though

Seems the pre-season excitement over Pearl's hiring has created what I feared. Unreasonable expectations for the first year. He cobbled together a team at the last minute. These guys have only been playing together for a couple of months. Every team we are going up against is a roster of players that have the cohesion that time playing together affords.

This year is a foundation for great things to come. I don't know why so many fail to see this.

Pearl took an NCAA bubble team to the last second in a close loss. If that doesn't speak volumes as to his ability, I don't know what will.

War Eagle!!

While I agree overall...Barbee should have beat Florida twice last year...actually last year all we did was play everyone close and lose in the end...not much different than tonight...we definitely play better defense now but somehow that hasn't improved our results in win/loss....strange...you would think as good as the D plays now we would win more games...Is the offense worse than last year or is the SEC better? Not sure which...

We lost our leading scorer from last year.....

Seems the pre-season excitement over Pearl's hiring has created what I feared. Unreasonable expectations for the first year. He cobbled together a team at the last minute. These guys have only been playing together for a couple of months. Every team we are going up against is a roster of players that have the cohesion that time playing together affords.

This year is a foundation for great things to come. I don't know why so many fail to see this.

Pearl took an NCAA bubble team to the last second in a close loss. If that doesn't speak volumes as to his ability, I don't know what will.

War Eagle!!

While I agree overall...Barbee should have beat Florida twice last year...actually last year all we did was play everyone close and lose in the end...not much different than tonight...we definitely play better defense now but somehow that hasn't improved our results in win/loss....strange...you would think as good as the D plays now we would win more games...Is the offense worse than last year or is the SEC better? Not sure which...

agree...KT playing well by nobody to make up for Denson's points consistently.

How many of our guys do you see starting for a majority of the other SEC schools? That answer there should help everyone really assesses our talent level

War Eagle!!

He was a great asset as far as our team's confidence last year as well. Good or bad you couldn't tell him he wasn't the best player on the court. I don't care if we were playing Kentucky. Also he could create his own shot, when things were breaking down or you know sometimes plays just don't form right he could get off a decent shot up

War Eagle!!

He was a great asset as far as our team's confidence last year as well. Good or bad you couldn't tell him he wasn't the best player on the court. I don't care if we were playing Kentucky. Also he could create his own shot, when things were breaking down or you know sometimes plays just don't form right he could get off a decent shot up

We lost Densin and maybe inherited one of the worst rosters in SEC basketball history. How many of these players would make the starting 5 at onther school. KT and Bowers? And Pearl is coaching these young men so that they are close at the end of the game. If you can't be excited about that then I'm sorry.

We are light years more competitive than last season. I think we could end up with a .500 record this season. If we do this, or are anywhere close, it will be a success and will show progress has been made.

We are light years more competitive than last season. I think we could end up with a .500 record this season. If we do this, or are anywhere close, it will be a success and will show progress has been made.

Well, we were 14-16 last year....ending up at or near .500 would be a mirror image of the season that got Barbee fired....if you mean just in SEC play you will have a valid point...we were 6-12 in the SEC last year...7-11 would mean basically nothing in improvement...8-10 would mean very slight improvement (and we would have to break even from here on out to accomplish that). So far we've won 2 of 6...if we keep that up we finish 6-12 same as last year. We have to improve quite a bit from where we are to call this season a success because winning 33 percent of SEC games does not qualify. I expect that will be different next year but this year may be just as bad as last. Hopefully we will see the improvements start showing by the end of the year.

Well, we were 14-16 last year....ending up at or near .500 would be a mirror image of the season that got Barbee fired....if you mean just in SEC play you will have a valid point...we were 6-12 in the SEC last year...7-11 would mean basically nothing in improvement...8-10 would mean very slight improvement (and we would have to break even from here on out to accomplish that). So far we've won 2 of 6...if we keep that up we finish 6-12 same as last year. We have to improve quite a bit from where we are to call this season a success because winning 33 percent of SEC games does not qualify. I expect that will be different next year but this year may be just as bad as last. Hopefully we will see the improvements start showing by the end of the year.

Good point and actually we were a pretty good team for a while last year but once the team lost some close but winnable games, the hand writing was on the wall that Barbee was gone, and seemed that the team, coaches, fans just did not have their hearts in it.

Odds right now are that we will end up with a similar record to last year. It's hard to expect more than 4 or 5 additional SEC wins with the schedule ahead.

It's a little concerning that we are 2-4 thus far in conference and these 6 teams (plus Ole Miss and us) are the 8 teams on bottom in conference standings. We've not played any of the top 6 teams. Need to improve a lot to break even.

i think everyone's expectations are too high. We need to relax and let Bruce do his thing. He will bring in talented players and we will be a tournament team within 3-5 years.

I think our schedule is tougher this year, so just putting last year's record next to this year's record doesn't show all the information, IMO. Also, the team is playing better than last season pretty much any way you slice it (minus FTs which is about the same as it has been since 1998).

But right now, AU lacks size and lacks knockdown shooters and that is the worst combination of traits you want your roster to have. There are things from watching his Tennessee teams play that will always be somewhat frustrating but...we need to remember where we came from (and where we still are, actually)

i think everyone's expectations are too high. We need to relax and let Bruce do his thing. He will bring in talented players and we will be a tournament team within 3-5 years.

my expectations were higher than last year and included going to post season this year.

I also would have expected us to pull out the last 2 wins. I expected us to win 75% of our home games and 25% of our away games (hoping for 50%)

Doesn't look good to meet my expectations.

Well, to put it in perspective, Bruce Pearl has reached the postseason every single year in his career except for 1 season I believe. We are about to double that this year most likely. But it speaks to the level of players he's working with, especially since the SEC isn't a top conference.

Lets be serious though, expectations need to be lowered just based on this fact alone: our best big man is 6'7.

I tried to tell people this before the season started, we don't have enough talent on our roster to be disappointed off expectations.....miss st swing man is as tall or taller than everybody on our roster minus one person.....just think about that

I tried to tell people this before the season started, we don't have enough talent on our roster to be disappointed off expectations.....miss st swing man is as tall or taller than everybody on our roster minus one person.....just think about that

Those of us who have been following AU BB all tried to temper expectations.

The same people complaining this season, will be cheering the loudest when Coach Pearl has us routinely in the tournament. ;)

Those of us who have been following AU BB all tried to temper expectations.

The same people complaining this season, will be cheering the loudest when Coach Pearl has us routinely in the tournament. ;)/>

+1

Archived