The least-trusted name in news is …

DKW 86

Dammit ! This goes completely against the " faux News " meme that the Left constantly is trying to promote !

They be all...

:bricks::angryfire:

I'm saddened that the Colbert report is gone.

Although it had gone downhill from it's heyday.

Kinda surprised to see the daily show so low as well, guessing they didn't poll many stoners:/

I'm saddened that the Colbert report is gone.

Although it had gone downhill from it's heyday.

Kinda surprised to see the daily show so low as well, guessing they didn't poll many stoners:/

Daily Show and Colbert Report are COMEDY shows.

COMEDY.

Not NEWS shows.

Then why is the daily show on the poll hmmmm?

Instead of pushing for one political party non stop. They pull for one political party non stop, and throw in some jokes now and then.

“Which of the following television news sources do you trust the most to provide accurate information about politics and current events?”

Answer, none of the above.

Dammit ! This goes completely against the " faux News " meme that the Left constantly is trying to promote !

They be all...

Not really. Like turnout in the midterms, it probably says more about being involved. However, involved in what way? Actually being informed or, being more emotionally involved in the rhetoric? Does this say anything about who the sheep really are?

“Which of the following television news sources do you trust the most to provide accurate information about politics and current events?”

Answer, none of the above.

That would be my vote. Then again, my interpretation of the question, given today's political environment, would be: Which of the following news sources would you be most willing to surrender your critical thinking to?

I don't want someone to tell me how to think. Just give me the news.

They be all...

Not really. Like turnout in the midterms, it probably says more about being involved. However, involved in what way? Actually being informed or, being more emotionally involved in the rhetoric? Does this say anything about who the sheep really are?

Seems to me you're looking for an argument, and dismissing the findings, instead of accepting the data.

They be all...

Seems to me you're looking for an argument, and dismissing the findings, instead of accepting the data.

No, not really. I recognize that a lot of people think the way you do. I recognize that they are very emotionally involved. Frankly though, I don't care if everyone or, no one thinks exactly as I do. I am not compelled to be on the "popular" side of every issue. I find it absurd to believe that conservative or liberal ideology is always correct or, always incorrect.

It is like your sig quote from Churchill. I find it absurd. Standing up for something doesn't mean much unless you are standing up for what is right. Unconditional faith in an ideology with result in a lot of hypocrisy. Doing what is right won't always fit so neatly into the box of a dogmatic ideology. Ideologues are the sheep.

I have stopped watching all news channels and it is so much better. It's ALL fear-based and tragedy driven. You might say that I am uninformed, and you may be correct, but at least I am not worried and stressed out about that crap all the time.

I have stopped watching all news channels and it is so much better. It's ALL fear-based and tragedy driven. You might say that I am uninformed, and you may be correct, but at least I am not worried and stressed out about that crap all the time.

Say what you will but, I think we have found the most sane member of the forum.

No, not really. I recognize that a lot of people think the way you do. I recognize that they are very emotionally involved. Frankly though, I don't care if everyone or, no one thinks exactly as I do. I am not compelled to be on the "popular" side of every issue. I find it absurd to believe that conservative or liberal ideology is always correct or, always incorrect.

How I think isn't the issue here. I'm NOT a FOX fanboy, which is what you seem to be implying. Yeah, I'll watch The Five, and when it comes to the actual NEWS , ie. Chris Wallace, Catherine Herridge, and few others, FOX does deliver more straight, non biased news. But Hannity , O'Reily, and even Megyn Kelly, I could care less. My point wasn't that ' See that ? FOX is right, and you're WRONG! ', but that the POLL shows a trend which is counter to what the Left WISHES were true.

Seems you got a bit touchy over it.

It is like your sig quote from Churchill. I find it absurd. Standing up for something doesn't mean much unless you are standing up for what is right. Unconditional faith in an ideology with result in a lot of hypocrisy. Doing what is right won't always fit so neatly into the box of a dogmatic ideology. Ideologues are the sheep.

Martin Luther King Jr was an ideologue. So was George Washington. Those who knew what they believed in and stood by their convictions. The words of Churchill alone might say one thing to you, but taken in context, they should convey much more. I guess you choose not to see it that way, which is fine.

How I think isn't the issue here. I'm NOT a FOX fanboy, which is what you seem to be implying. Yeah, I'll watch The Five, and when it comes to the actual NEWS , ie. Chris Wallace, Catherine Herridge, and few others, FOX does deliver more straight, non biased news. But Hannity , O'Reily, and even Megyn Kelly, I could care less. My point wasn't that ' See that ? FOX is right, and you're WRONG! ', but that the POLL shows a trend which is counter to what the Left WISHES were true.

You are really struggling with the ability to comprehend Polling numbers lately. Fox's popularity is undeniable but, there is greater meaning. If you do not wish to think beyond what is obvious, fine. I have no concern for what the left or right wishes were true. I will stick to reality.

Seems you got a bit touchy over it.

Martin Luther King Jr was an ideologue. So was George Washington. Those who knew what they believed in and stood by their convictions. The words of Churchill alone might say one thing to you, but taken in context, they should convey much more. I guess you choose not to see it that way, which is fine.

Dr. MLK and George Washington were not political ideologues.

I recognize that a lot of people think the way you do. I recognize that they are very emotionally involved.

See, you're the one who sees things which aren't there. As in, you look past the POINT, and look for that which isn't even there.

Nothing I said w/ regard to the poll involved the way I think, OR being emotionally involved.

You fabricated those straw men up, and ran w/ it.

Ya might want to see to that.

How are Churchill's words political ?

The least-trusted name in news is …

http://hotair.com/ar...ame-in-news-is/

brookings-media.jpg

I watch Morning Joe while at the gym, but i read many more mags and articles thru the day.

I really do not watch any prime time but a lil Stewart from time to time.

A complete picture would include numbers for TMZ and other tabloid programs, watched by many low information voters and non voters.

Mine is Fox. Not the Oreilly and Hannity agitaters so much. Raw factual reporting. The vast majority of America agrees.

Mine is Fox. Not the Oreilly and Hannity agitaters so much. Raw factual reporting. The vast majority of America agrees.

Ya. Just for fun....I don't think this equals the vast majority of America

Results of the survey were based on bilingual (Spanish and

English) telephone interviews conducted between April 7, 2014 and April 27, 2014, by professional

interviewers under the supervision of Princeton Survey Research Associates. Interviews were

conducted by telephone among a random sample of 1,538 adults 18 years of age or older who

were originally part of the 2013 Religion, Values & Immigration Reform Survey (601 respondents

in the call back survey were interviewed on a cell phone).

The numbers don't surprise me at all. But popularity and trust having nothing to do with the quality of information provided.

The more important metric is how informed the respective audiences are.

http://www.forbes.co...-poll-suggests/

Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests

"A poll by Farleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey showed that of all the news channels out there, Fox News viewers are the least informed.

People were asked questions about news habits and current events in a statewide poll of 600 New Jersey residents recently. Results showed that viewers of Sunday morning news shows were the most informed about current events, while Fox News viewers were the least informed. In fact, FDU poll results showed they were even less informed than those who say they don’t watch any news at all.

Readers of The New York Times, USA Today and listeners to National Public Radio were better informed about international events than other media outlets......"

The numbers don't surprise me at all. But popularity and trust having nothing to do with the quality of information provided.

The more important metric is how informed the respective audiences are.

http://www.forbes.co...-poll-suggests/

Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests

"A poll by Farleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey showed that of all the news channels out there, Fox News viewers are the least informed.

People were asked questions about news habits and current events in a statewide poll of 600 New Jersey residents recently. Results showed that viewers of Sunday morning news shows were the most informed about current events, while Fox News viewers were the least informed. In fact, FDU poll results showed they were even less informed than those who say they don’t watch any news at all.

Readers of The New York Times, USA Today and listeners to National Public Radio were better informed about international events than other media outlets......"

homer this is a little too easy to answer. I read the accompanying articles and and AT BEST these FACTS are simply:

1) Views on Predicted outcomes that are not objectively TRUTHS or FACTS.

2) Politifact actually sides against the conclusion that they are accepted FACTS.

3) Opinions and actual TPM info is sighted as fact.

The point about Fox News customers vs NPR customers is defined in their target audiences alone.

The preponderance of Fox People are likely HS grads at best. Some college as well. That is who they target.

The preponderance of NPR People is better educated, post grad, etc. That is who they target.

To say that the audiences are different is about as revealing as saying that Rolls Royce customers are wealthier and better educated than Ford Customers. That is a fact, a really reaching fact, that is based on their customer base and whom they target with their products and nothing else.

I liked prowling around on the Alternet site and kudos to them. They have massively upgraded the site since the last time i was there in the early 2000s. I may ad them to my daily readings.

I had fun with this at first... but honestly, does it mean anything?

A random poll of Americans right now would call Bieber, Miley, and drake the most talented singers/musicians ever.

Doesn't mean it's anywhere near correct.

N*Sync, backdoor boys set all types of records with their albums, doesn't correlate to actual skill though.

.... another example of how democracy is flawed.

I had fun with this at first... but honestly, does it mean anything?

A random poll of Americans right now would call Bieber, Miley, and drake the most talented singers/musicians ever.

Doesn't mean it's anywhere near correct.

N*Sync, backdoor boys set all types of records with their albums, doesn't correlate to actual skill though.

.... another example of how democracy is flawed.

:thumbsup:

Archived