Bill O'Reilly

Texan4Auburn

While we are on the topic of folks telling "falsehoods" how about throwing in a few posts on the POTUS.

How about we make this one of the scant few threads where some conservative doesn't take whatever subject is at hand and insert, "But Obama...."

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While we are on the topic of folks telling "falsehoods" how about throwing in a few posts on the POTUS.

How about we make this one of the scant few threads where some conservative doesn't take whatever subject is at hand and insert, "But Obama...."

no, I blame Bush.

Well not surprisingly your disdain shows through loud and clear. Apples and oranges because of the vast difference in the positions they hold. How many people do you honestly believe think take O'Reilly seriously in the first place? He's not reporting the news but by contrast is entertaining conservatives much like Limbaugh does. Liberals hate him for that because they're arguably the most thinned skinned and miserable people on the planet. You dont like him either, I get that loud and clear by your opinions. No problem. This story wont affect me one way or the other as it specifically relates to whether or not I'll watch his show. I only do on occasion anyway. BTW, I never watched BW and wouldn't be watching him if he were still with NBC, so his story doesn't mean squat to me either.

Wow. Now THAT'S SPIN!

Ironic considering O'Reilly's catch phrase. ;D

What do you know? You're one of the "most thinned skinned, miserable people on the planet"! That comes from a fair and balanced source.

Is Bill Oreilly's credibility important?

I wouldn't know but i thought FOX was you favorite whipping boy and network you loved to hate until you used them as a source on Scott Walker's current budget shortfall. Brian Williams never stuck to his story and in fact tried to apologize but in his apology he lied again. Surprising, right? Not at all! O'Reilly is maintaining that EVERYTHING he has said was completely true. I'd believe hiim over the author of that MJ story all day long.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/02/19/oreilly-blasts-disgusting-report-claiming-he-misled-viewers-about-war-reporting-bunch-of-lies/

I wouldn't know but i thought FOX was you favorite whipping boy and network you loved to hate until you used them as a source on Scott Walker's current budget shortfall. Brian Williams never stuck to his story and in fact tried to apologize but in his apology he lied again. Surprising, right? Not at all! O'Reilly is maintaining that EVERYTHING he has said was completely true. I'd believe hiim over the author of that MJ story all day long.

http://www.theblaze....-bunch-of-lies/

Why are you attacking me? I do not criticize Fox in general. I will criticize them on something specific. I have been honest in saying that I do not consider Fox or MSNBC to be credible news networks. The only reason I cited Fox for the Walker story was because you continued to lie and I knew Fox was considered the most credible by you and the other so called "conservatives" in the forum. I haven't said anything against BO in this thread and, I never said anything is support of BW in the other. Why are you so angry all the time?

Why are you attacking me? I do not criticize Fox in general. I will criticize them on something specific. I have been honest in saying that I do not consider Fox or MSNBC to be credible news networks. The only reason I cited Fox for the Walker story was because you continued to lie and I knew Fox was considered the most credible by you and the other so called "conservatives" in the forum. I haven't said anything against BO in this thread and, I never said anything is support of BW in the other. Why are you so angry all the time?

Im not attacking you Im simply pointing out your obvious hypocrisy. Deal with it sister. Angry? is that what you desperately want to believe? Im happy as a clam.

Im not attacking you Im simply pointing out your obvious hypocrisy. Deal with it sister. Angry? is that what you desperately want to believe? Im happy as a clam.

What exactly was the hypocrisy?

Ah the intentionally obtuse act that you perform SO well. :-\

Evading direct questions to which you have no answer? Being less than truthful? Is that an act? Or, is it genuine?

That's good. You make an vague, unsupported accusation, refuse to clarify it, then call him intentionally obtuse. :rolleyes:

Apparently you are (again) operating in bizarro world.

From Bizarro World I thought I'd bump this thread since there was A LOT of predictable righteous indignation about Bill O'Reilly supposedly lying about his covering the Falklands war. Out of curiosity, I watched O'Reilly last night and he absolutely body slammed David Corn the author of the Mother Jones piece accusing him of lying about his reportorial career.

There is simply no comparing O'Reilly to Brian Williams for several reasons. The most notable is, Brian William's stories were questioned by members of the US Armed Services. O'Reilly was attacked by a far left wing lying liberal operating under the pretense- they got one of ours, so, one of their has to go down. Second, Brian Williams never stood by his lies and virtually admitted them, while O'Reilly stood firm and facing straight into the camera said everything he has said about his reportorial career is 100% true and even went on to produce 30+ year old written documentation proving it and then unapologetically called David Corn a far left wing liberal zealot and pathetic liar. It was great!

In closing, I am always amused by how up in arms many in this forum get when some lying liberal phony produces nothing but a hit piece absent any facts or truth and proceeds to pontificate about O'Reilly's "bonafides", or some such nonsense, mean he had not right to comment on Brian Williams since he was a liar too.. Its all so predictable and funny.

Yeah, just wait until you see his angry rhetoric! :rolleyes:

• We -- meaning the American networks -- were all in the same, modern hotel and we never saw any troops, casualties or weapons. It was not a war zone or even close. It was an "expense account zone."
  • All the members of the CBS reporting staff and all the two-person camera crews we had in Buenos Aires were sent in to the street. I believe there were four or five crews. The reporters, as I remember, were O'Reilly, Chuck Gomez, Charles Krause, Bob Schieffer and myself. Somewhere it has been reported that O'Reilly has claimed he was the only CBS News reporter who had the courage to go into the street because the rest of us were hiding in our hotel. If he said such thing it is an absolute lie.
  • The CBS bureau chief in Buenos Aires ... assembled the camera crews in our hotel newsroom and instructed them to refrain from using the lights on their cameras while around crowds. Television lights attracted potentially violent people ... According to Doyle, O'Reilly returned to the hotel in a rage over the fact that his cameraman wouldn't turn on the lights to photograph angry crowds. Doyle defended the cameraman and chewed out O'Reilly for violating his instructions on lights.
  • When Doyle informed O'Reilly that Schieffer would be doing the report, which would not include any segment from O'Reilly, the reporter exploded. "I didn't come down here to have my footage used by that old man," he shouted ... This confrontation led the next day to O'Reilly being ordered out of Argentina by the CBS bosses. Doyle had told them O'Reilly was a "disruptive force" who threatened his bureau's morale and cohesion.
  • O'Reilly has said he was in a situation in Argentina where "my photographer got run down and hit his head and was bleeding from the ear on the concrete and the army was chasing us." The only place where such an injury could have occurred was the relatively tame riot I have described above. Neither Doyle, who would have been immediately informed of injury to any CBS personnel, nor anyone else who was working the story remembers a cameraman being injured that night.
  • The gunfire reported by O'Reilly is equally suspicious. One of our camera crews reported that they believed the Argentine police or army had fired a few rubber bullets at the crowd. That was the only report we received of weapons being fired that night.

https://m.facebook.c...204873374051471

O'Reilly has called Corn and Enberg lars and challenged them to come on his show and talk face to face. They won't. O'Reilly says he will have some old video from CBS tomorrow to prove his case. Interesting that Corn was once at Fox but was fired and went to MSNBC. I'm betting on O'Reilly to nail Corn and MSNBC. Here is O'Reilly this afternoon.

http://video.foxnews...?#sp=show-clips

Rob....I bet you lunch next time I'm in Auburn (I'm there often) that O'Reilly is right on this. Hint.......Mother Jones/Corn said O'Reilly lied about being on the Falkland islands. O'Reilly says he never said he was on the Falkland Islands but WAS in Argentina covering the Falkland War. Should be interesting tomorrow night.

If O'Reilly said he was never in the Falklands, then he's still lying. You don't get to call riots combat experience, unless every journalist in Ferguson is now owed combat pay.

I disagree. Have a link where HE called it combat experience? But I'll just let you go sit in the corner and gibber about Ferguson some more. ;)

I disagree. Have a link where HE called it combat experience? But I'll just let you go sit in the corner and gibber about Ferguson some more. ;)

O'Reilly has said in the past that he "reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands" and "survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands War." Corn pointed out that O'Reilly was in Buenos Aires after the Falklands War, and that American reporters were unable to reach the islands at the time.

The controversy seems to turn on whether riots O'Reilly experienced in Buenos Aires after Argentina's forces in the Falklands surrendered to Britain count as having reported from a "war zone" and constitute a "combat situation."

"Would you consider a riot a general combat definition?” Hewitt asked O'Reilly.

“Yeah, when it’s in a war setting, of course,” O'Reilly responded.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/20/bill-oreilly-war-reporting_n_6724566.html

Archived