For all of you RECRUITS...

SKCAUB

From the B'ham News REGARDING Tubs contract!

"We haven't finished, but it looks good," Tuberville said Tuesday. "We're both on the same page: Whatever's best for Auburn. I'll meet with him here in the next couple of days and we'll try to finish it up."

Tuberville, who has led Auburn to a school-best 12-0 record, said he is "100 percent committed" to staying with the Tigers.

I can "Mega-Ditto" this with my contacts in Auburn. CTT is staying, target around 6-7 years. Assts will get multi-year deals and raises. In other words, even if the team falls apart in the near future, the Assts will still be paid for 2-3 years longer anyway. Their contracts are now guaranteed. Tommy gets protection from the BOT on Coaching Chages on his staff.

The AD process is still actively going on Wed. Morning...

"We haven't finished, but it looks good," Tuberville said Tuesday. "We're both on the same page: Whatever's best for Auburn. I'll meet with him here in the next couple of days and we'll try to finish it up."

Tuberville, who has led Auburn to a school-best 12-0 record, said he is "100 percent committed" to staying with the Tigers.

133377[/snapback]

I read that this morning. It's great that Tubs and his staff are being rewarded and I can't help but wonder where are all the problems at Auburn we have been discussing this week. Did all the bad guys suddenly find a halo?

Proud, I think one of the problems stems from Richardson's comments from a couple of days ago. He acted as if it was a huge surprise that CTT was getting contacts from other schools and recruits were asking questions. It was as if he was saying, "Oh really, we better go ahead and do something then." Couple that with the AD search and it was starting to look like the administration was back to the same old MO. I truly think most AU faithful want to see our administration bend over backwards to be very proactive with their decision making and any hesitancy makes folks very nervous.

133377[/snapback]

I read that this morning. It's great that Tubs and his staff are being rewarded and I can't help but wonder where are all the problems at Auburn we have been discussing this week. Did all the bad guys suddenly find a halo?

133391[/snapback]

Not at all. They are, or were, discovered for what they were doing. Wait until this afternoon and we will see. ;)

Many times I tend to be cynical about things. With that in mind, I will ask if CTT's agent was not instrumental in the rumors (about other schools leaning toward CTT) being out there. :rolleyes:

With that said, I am glad that CTT & his staff are staying and being allowed to finish the good work that is on going. They are very good recruiters and Borges was a great addition to the staff. Hopefully he & Chizic will stay for several more years.

Regarding Tuberville getting the "NC Bonus" if we win in the Sugar, I think he deserves it.

He did everything one can do to put the school into position to win. Just because some biased, blind, or both, voters screwed up, it should not detract from the coaching staff's efforts and results.

Archived