The real war on women

cooltigger21

I'm not dismissing it completely, but it really isn't ,imo, worth her getting up on her soap box and chastising the very industry ( which is how I saw it ) for making her a multi millionaire.

It came off as her over hyping an issue to draw attention to herself.

I just didn't see it that way at all. I don't think she was criticizing the film industry at all. She was criticizing much lower paying professions. But perspective influences perception.

Are you aware of GiveLove, the non-profit organization Arquette co-founded in 2010 to support ecological sanitation and composting, community development projects, and housing construction after Haiti's devastating earthquake? So she is addressing other more global issues.

I'd have liked it more if she had brought that up. Haiti got left out in the cold, after the quake. I think more needs to be done there, than say... well, other parts of the planet.

She's a woman. She'd have gotten backlash either way. ;-)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, Tony Danza had a talk show? How long did that last? Two seasons?

Even you're second video noted a pay gap of .23 between women and men. But I realize nothing will sway you on the belief that it's a phony issue.

Men arguing civil rights of women at home and abroad. This is how we got into this mess in the first place, men thinking they know what's best for women.

So, just because women in Muslim countries are treated horribly, women here have no right to complain? And if you are an elite Hollywood actress at the Oscars you cannot use that platform to demand equal pay for women in your own country? Well that's bull**** Darling. Women, globally are being denied civil rights and it's all shameful.

Thank you Ellie. It sounds much better coming from you than it does me. ;D/>

You're welcome.

Did you know that women in the US have only had the right to vote for 95 years? Only 95 years.

Elle!!! Now you very well know that these issues with women no longer exist in the United States. They will only return to America due to the influence of the middle east! While we are at it, are you even in the right financial bracket to be discussing or complaining about women's issues?!?!?

I mean look at how respectfully Curt Schilling's daughter was treated upon receiving a softball scholarship, there are no issues in America:

https://38pitches.wordpress.com/

Thanks for posting that link! That was a righteous and truthful "rant". Amen to Curt!

I am not sure technology is creating this degeneracy or just giving it voice. Probably a little of both.

PS_1076W_DADS_KILL.jpg

Tony Danza ? :gofig:

The issue exists, but isn't near the level some would have us all believe.

And the point you're missing is that there are very real world reasons , not related at all to " sexism ", for there to be pay variations.

Tony Danza ? :gofig:/>

And the point you're missing is that there are very real world reasons , not related at all to " sexism ", for there to be pay variations.

You didn't watch the videos you posted? Tony Danza was in the first. That was right about where I rolled my eyes so hard I dislocated my hip. ;-)

Now, darling, you've assumed that I'm saying its sexism. I'm just stating that there is a gender gap in pay. Certainly factors like single mother's working less time to care for children, etc are factors. I just stated it was an issue.

I just fail to see how Tony D is remotely significant here.

The journalist in your video was a guest on TD's talk show and conducted a poll there about gender pay. TD isn't significant, so I found that ironically funny.

Men arguing civil rights of women at home and abroad. This is how we got into this mess in the first place, men thinking they know what's best for women.

So, just because women in Muslim countries are treated horribly, women here have no right to complain? And if you are an elite Hollywood actress at the Oscars you cannot use that platform to demand equal pay for women in your own country? Well that's bull**** Darling. Women, globally are being denied civil rights and it's all shameful.

You're welcome.

Did you know that women in the US have only had the right to vote for 95 years? Only 95 years.

Elle!!! Now you very well know that these issues with women no longer exist in the United States. They will only return to America due to the influence of the middle east! While we are at it, are you even in the right financial bracket to be discussing or complaining about women's issues?!?!?

I mean look at how respectfully Curt Schilling's daughter was treated upon receiving a softball scholarship, there are no issues in America:

Thanks for posting that link! That was a righteous and truthful "rant". Amen to Curt!

I am not sure technology is creating this degeneracy or just giving it voice. Probably a little of both.

PS_1076W_DADS_KILL.jpg

LOL. You are SO right my Friend!!!

So, in summary, Republican attitudes toward women look great compare to Islamists.

Brilliant! :-\/>

Somehow in your little head, bless you heart, you think talking up false equivalence makes it so.

I pointed out where, all over the country. there is no false equivalence.

He's not equivocating. He's poking fun at the fallacy of relative privation employed by Raptor and CT.

Yes, pay no attention to the forest fire just outside the back door. There are dirty dishes in the sink which need tending to.

<_<

:-X

Did you just refer to women as "dirty dishes"? :poke:

I'm telling Elle... GiveEmElle!!! :soapbox:

He knows not of what he writes. :rolleyes::laugh:

You're welcome.

PS_1076W_DADS_KILL.jpg

:laugh: That's good!

I have the utmost respect for guys with daughters. I am not sure I could handle it.

You're welcome.

PS_1076W_DADS_KILL.jpg

LOL. You are SO right my Friend!!!

MY DAUGHTER gave me a tee shirt like that. (Didnt say "pretty')

Half of Decatur saw me wearing it when she was in high school. I got the tee shirt shortly after her first date.

Before her first date, i knew the kid's complete bio. I knew his rep as a student. His rep as kid in church. I knew who is parents were, etc. When i started asking very well informed questions it just melted her and the kid. (My sister taught high school and i knew folks at Decatur City Schools too.) That one event set it in her head and in the boy's head that she wasnt going to be able to date just anyone. From then on, there wasnt but one boy she dated that i even mildly disapproved of.

Thank you Ellie. It sounds much better coming from you than it does me. ;D

Ditto :thumbsup:

Ditto :thumbsup:/>

I'm flattered .

You didn't watch the videos you posted? Tony Danza was in the first. That was right about where I rolled my eyes so hard I dislocated my hip. ;-)

No, not the whole 7 minutes of video 1. The MESSAGE was the point, not the minutia of Tony Danza.

Now, darling, you've assumed that I'm saying its sexism. I'm just stating that there is a gender gap in pay. Certainly factors like single mother's working less time to care for children, etc are factors. I just stated it was an issue.

I'm just stating the fact that 2 individuals w/ similar education and work history and age are likely to have similar pay, and where employers rightfully may NOT hire or advance a woman is for the fact that ( are you sitting down ? ) women ARE different than men.

I'm just stating the fact that 2 individuals w/ similar education and work history and age are likely to have similar pay, and where employers rightfully may NOT hire or advance a woman is for the fact that ( are you sitting down ? ) women ARE different than men.

Man Raptor, you sure have a way with women. :rolleyes:

No, not the whole 7 minutes of video 1. The MESSAGE was the point, not the minutia of Tony Danza.

I can assure you, the fact that women are different from men has always been clear to me.

I can assure you, the fact that women are different from men has always been clear to me.

THANK YOU!!! We can finally agree on something !

:kiss3:

:kiss3:

I hereby cite raptor with improper use of emoticon.

50 Lashes with wet noodle.

:kiss3:/>

He just worked up the nerve to kiss. Let's don't go 50 Shades of Grey on him just yet. ;-)

He just worked up the nerve to kiss. Let's don't go 50 Shades of Grey on him just yet. ;-)

:blink:

Sheesh Elle.... you could of hit him simple ideas like...foreplay... or non-missionary....or even with leave the lights on first!

Though that is probably the funniest line someone has dropped on this forum in a very long time. Well done.

Sheesh Elle.... you could of hit him simple ideas like...foreplay... or non-missionary....or even with leave the lights on first!

Though that is probably the funniest line someone has dropped on this forum in a very long time. Well done.

DKW threw it across the plate. I swung. Too easy,

But don't worry Raptor. I prefer Democrats. I'm sapiosexual. You're safe.

Archived