2016 3* LB Tre Threat (AU commit 4/23/15)

RunInRed

Well, since he set the announcement date after returning from A-day, I'm guessing this is looking positive for the good guys.

Regards,

Captain Obvious

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, since he set the announcement date after returning from A-day, I'm guessing this is looking positive for the good guys.

Regards,

Captain Obvious

One might think so. Of course, maybe the staff told him they weren't ready to take his commitment, so Threat has made another decision. :dunno:

Personally, I like what I've read and seen of Threat and hope it's AU.

Regards,

Captain Obvious

One might think so. Of course, maybe the staff told him they weren't ready to take his commitment, so Threat has made another decision. :dunno:/>

Thank you Debbie Downer. :)

Regards,

Captain Obvious

One might think so. Of course, maybe the staff told him they weren't ready to take his commitment, so Threat has made another decision. :dunno:/>

Thank you Debbie Downer. :)

:laugh: Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, Captain Obvious. :tease:

Mikey, what do you think of Threat?

:big:

If he's a legitimate 3* and carries that into college he'll be a big step up from what we've had on the field in recent years, so I'm enthusiastic about him. Hope he picks AU!

Mikey, what do you think of Threat?

:big:

If he's a legitimate 3* and carries that into college he'll be a big step up from what we've had on the field in recent years, so I'm enthusiastic about him. Hope he picks AU!

I don't think he's a legitimate 3*, at least from watching his film and reading around about him. I think he's better than that. Whoever gets his commitment will have gotten hold of a real player, IMO. War Eagle!

I think we will see a couple guys make moves this year at LB. (Davis/Toney) Now that we have a LB coach who can develop talent kids like Threat can be a baseline, if you will. Meaning, take him then go after the game changers.

Not saying that he doesn't become one. He has some skills that some higher ranked kids do not. He hasn't been a camp warrior, and likely isn't a 7 on 7 guy either. I feel better about him given the coaching staff alone than I would have, if Sleepy & the Gang had taken a similar kid last year.

He hasn't been a camp warrior, and likely isn't a 7 on 7 guy either.

Just to clarify I think Dixie is stating that Threat has not gone to many camps. That is true & is a reason he may be underrated by the recruiting services.

Great free read from Hoke on Tre.

My favorite quote:

"I told my parents first, then I told the coaches," Threat said. "I was expecting a shake of the hand, but when I told Coach Malzahn, it looked like he had an eject button in his seat. He jumped out of his seat, it was great to see him react like that. His wife was sitting right there and she jumped up and hugged me, she hugged me hard. I felt really happy they reacted that way.

I have watched video of him, and most of the others that AU is recruiting at LB, this kid is the best that I have seen.....he is not as tall as most of the others, and I think that may be why he is only rated as a 3*, but he is going to play a lot of football at AU.....

Welcome to the family Tre! Great choice!! :)

Just watched his highlights and he looks like a promising LB. Welcomes contact, moves well on his feet in space, and when he start going downhill he hits hard. Excited he is part of the class!

Archived