Expectations for CTT

DKW 86

What is your idea of an okay season, ie minimum record.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What is your idea of an okay season, ie minimum record.

• 7 wins
    • 8 wins
    • 9 wins
    • 10 wins
    • 11wins
    • 12 wins

IMHO, CTT's minimum should be 9 wins. Anything less is just backing up.

I dont think 8 wins gets him fired but I would be disappointed with only 8 unless there was an injury bug like we had in 98.

...if we're playing a weak out of conference schedule i would say 9 wins is a probable, unless it's like next year when we lose our entire backfield.

...if we're playing a tough out of conference schudule with the likes of southern cal,etc. then 7 to 8 wins is pretty good. unless it's just one of those years when we're loaded, like this year.

... from another angle i'm sure ctt wants to win them all, but he's not on the field making the plays. it takes players doing thier job on every play without any breakdowns, and almost perfect execution to have the chance to win a ballgame. with the 25 scholly limit nearly every college football team has a similar talent level to its opponent, and just a few mistakes can determine a games outcome.

9 wins, nothing less

If he goes 8-3 next season and wins the bowl, he finishes 9-3. That's fine

First five games are at home, so hopfully Brandon Cox will be ready to go on the road.

I'm looking forward to Spurrier coming to town.

Georgia and LSU will be our 2 biggest tests. Also, both are road games.

1) Will he have the same assistants in 2005 that he had this year, or will Chizik and/or Borges get drawn to greener pastures in the next month or so???

2) We know next year will be somewhat down from this year. To me, 2006--when Campbell's, Cadillac's, & Ronnie Brown's heirs have a year of starting experence under their belts--will be the year to demonstate whether Tuberville has what it takes to maintain a dynasty. I'm optomistic that he does.

I will swallow four losses next year if we're back at the 1-2 loss/SECCG/national contention level in 2006, but I expect we'll do a bit better than that next season.

(...provided Bama isn't one of those losses, of course! Let's get four in a row in the Iron Bowl. I really want us to establish a clear dominance in the state for a long time.)

We will be tested early against Georgia Tech. I think Reggie Ball will give us a hard time. I know he struggled this season, but I feel next season will be his breakout year. If he does struggle, I will come back and eat my words. Tech should be a top 25 team next season.

Southern Miss is always competitve. I consider them a quality non-conference opponent.

Hmmm ... somewhat confused here. The thread title says "expectations for CTT" and asks what an OK season would be? Well, obviously the short answer would be 13-0. That would be 'OK' with me and also I'm sure about 99.99% of AU people (there's always that one.) If you're asking what is an acceptable so-so season meaning you don't anticipate a championship season, then I guess the current bammie standard of 6-5 (i.e. including a Div I-AA oponent) & bowl eligible is 'OK' ...

Personally, I think we're in the hunt for the SEC West Division title again next year. Undefeated? ... ... LSU, Arky & UGA will be tough away games as always. UT rotates off and (lucky us) we get USC rotating on with Spurrier at the helm. Right now it's hard to see us going through that schedule unscathed. But, it's still early so we might as well pencil it in: 12-0. :big: AU 12-0 with one game to play and a team addicted to winning. WDE

Out of So Carolina, LSU, Georgia and Bama, we should go 0.500 and wind up 9-2. Bowl game to get a 10-win season. I'll be happy with that. Really gotta beat Bama, though. Need to put Shula on a real hot-seat.

That's asking a lot out of a re-built team. The coaching changes at SC and LSU may help us--if the second one comes about.

Archived