Rand Paul, Reacting to Ted Cruz, Talks "Winnability

JoeBags7277

Anybody that can tick off the MSM, the democrats and the establishment Republicans, all at the same time, must be doing something right.

Well, you're one for three. The media and the Democrats love Cruz. He's an answer to their prayers. ;D

This might have been said already... I didn't read through all the comments.

But didn't he sound like a guy talking up his football team? If you exchange the I and He's for we and they's

It's all about making that top 4 for the playoffs:)

This might have been said already... I didn't read through all the comments.

But didn't he sound like a guy talking up his football team? If you exchange the I and He's for we and they's

It's all about making that top 4 for the playoffs:)

Thanks to you I had water coming out my nostrils.

Borrowing my Facebook post from the other day:

Cruz exemplifies everything that is wrong with the GOP and is among those that give a bad name to conservatives. Cobble together a coalition of social conservatives and libertarians? He must be totally deranged. As one of those libertarians, there's no way I'd vote for Cruz. Pretty much the only things I agree with Cruz on are firearms rights and the Keystone Pipeline. I agree with his opposition to federal healthcare and support his government shutdowns, but not for his grandstanding reasons.

John Kasich. Bank it! ;)

As a resident of Ohio: No. No. No. A thousand times no. He and Boehner are embarrassments to this great state.

Cruz exemplifies everything that is wrong with the GOP and is among those that give a bad name to conservatives. Cobble together a coalition of social conservatives and libertarians? He must be totally deranged. As one of those libertarians, there's no way I'd vote for Cruz. Pretty much the only things I agree with Cruz on are firearms rights and the Keystone Pipeline. I agree with his opposition to federal healthcare and support his government shutdowns, but not for his grandstanding reasons.

How do you know he was grandstanding or did you assume that was it because that was the conventional wisdom?

How do you know he was grandstanding or did you assume that was it because that was the conventional wisdom?

It's what he does. If he doesn't grandstand, why even mention he's enrolling in one of the state exchanges due to his wife taking sabbatical from Goldman? Just quietly comply with the law. He's brilliant and he'll play to the extremist part of the GOP but he's thoroughly unelectable. I detest the thought of another Bush or Clinton in the WH but I'll take one of those options over Cruz.

Unfortunately, until evidence shows otherwise, this is the only clear, sane path forward for the GOP. The liberty minded just don't have the numbers yet, so a Faustian Bargain coalition is necessary, if we're going to change course within the current framework. The key is to convince social conservatives that moral suasion and leading by example are far better ways to extoll their personal virtues than enforcing them at bayonet point.

Archived