Baseball at LSU - game 1

I was speaking to Miss I hate CSG.

Pretty sure she considers herself Miss Auburn athletics.

Let me lob one more obvious thing into the mix; D1 level baseball players, and more particularly their parents, are among the biggest prima donnas on the planet. Travel ball has seen to that. When the culture of the program is ridiculously inconsistent and specifically soft on the chosen, a radical shift to the other end of the spectrum is really going to piss off the mommas and daddies that paid more for travel ball and private lessons than they are re-couping in scholarship money. Not to mention the fact that old Sunny is wasting their prodigy's obvious first round talent. There may be no crying in baseball, but there's an unbelievable amount of whining.

One last, not so obvious item. I notice that miss IHCSG is "friends" with NightRanger. Begs the question, what's ex-CJP up to? Still teaching 'em how to throw 90 in San Diego?

good commentary and just an observation....the W-L record does not matter if the guys are trying hard and people like the coach.....otherwise....he better get an unlisted phone number. :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me lob one more obvious thing into the mix; D1 level baseball players, and more particularly their parents, are among the biggest prima donnas on the planet. Travel ball has seen to that. When the culture of the program is ridiculously inconsistent and specifically soft on the chosen, a radical shift to the other end of the spectrum is really going to piss off the mommas and daddies that paid more for travel ball and private lessons than they are re-couping in scholarship money. Not to mention the fact that old Sunny is wasting their prodigy's obvious first round talent. There may be no crying in baseball, but there's an unbelievable amount of whining.

One last, not so obvious item. I notice that miss IHCSG is "friends" with NightRanger. Begs the question, what's ex-CJP up to? Still teaching 'em how to throw 90 in San Diego?

I have to agree about the parents seen it first hand earlier this year when Ole Miss had a series with UCF in Orlando. Ole Miss has a ton of central Fl. players most of whom are very good. We have close friends who had a son on the team last year and they had great chemistry but this year the influence of the parents have gotten to many of the players giving them huge egos. The parents was giving the coach hell and he is not the type that will take it. He had a come to Jesus meeting with some of the parents and the rebels have played much better the last three series.

Now I have no ideal if that was a problem last year with AU. I just know it was with Ole Miss baseball earlier this year.

By the way the son was drafted in the 5th round by the Padres and is doing very well. Got some nice cash for a 5th rounder.

I had to listen

It's really classless to act the way you do on a message board. But I will point out that you posted hateful stuff for years about CJP and the rest of us either had to ignore it or leave. A lot of posters did leave because of you and haven't been back. Your'e an internet bully. I have no idea who nightranger is and probably neither do you. But he was a respectful poster for the most part unlike others around here. You harassed him because he didn't agree with you. He had the right to his opinion.

You do not own this forum and you do not get to dictate that everyone has to agree with you.

I don't hate CSG. He may be successful at AU. I certainly hope he is. But he did not handle himself well and it is not just my opinion. AU had to have someone come in and soothe the troubled waters. That's public knowledge. It doesn't take a genius to know that things like that are hard on a team.

I was troubled by that because I know a couple of the players and their parents.

It's all been a distraction but things will maybe get better as time goes by and his recruits come in.

If what you say is true, hate was a bad choice of words. My apologies. Having stated that, it is well known you like to take pot shots at coach. For me, that gets old. If you truly want him to succeed, support him with positive reinforcement/commentary. We'll all be better for it. WDE!

That many posts and you haven't realized that a message board is mostly for opinions? And, when you post 9 million times you put yourself out there as a target for those opinions. I've had as many disagreements with AU64 as anybody on this board and still I give him thumbs up often on his commentary. Bully...that's just more whining. I stay pretty factual most days and at least I've got experience to draw from. Inside the lines and dugout at Plainsman Park. I don't hide from that. NightRanger on the other hand did hide from who he was. Pretty obvious to those who saw through him. He left because he didn't have any interest here any more, he was neither alumni nor fan. His paycheck was his only connection.

It's like you don't comprehend what you read. I said the coach makes me uneasy. You all think the team struggles for one reason and I think something else contributes to it for several reasons. I approach it from a different context and you are too ungracious to allow a different viewpoint. Posting does not give you permission to be a bully. And I don't care about your fight with nightranger so don't drag me into that one. I also don't care about your past. None of that means it's ok for you to act like a jerk.

As I said earlier.... all of you have forgotten how much complaining you all did about CJP. It was constant.I am allowed to have reservations since this coach did not make a good first impression just as you are allowed to think he's wonderful.

There are/were kids on this team that I know personally so I am more on their side than I am anything else.

Archived