2015 Spring Practice - Day 12

RunInRed

Since publicly we are stating he has a work ethic issue, can we all know where this is coming from? I think we all want to know the credibility of that statement.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since publicly we are stating he has a work ethic issue, can we all know where this is coming from? I think we all want to know the credibility of that statement.

It doesn't need to be discussed publicly on this forum.

Unfortunately these days if you don't share your source, you have to take it with a grain of salt. Everybody seems to be connected somehow. I have you guys and google... that is my sources.

I trust Clayton's source since he is not the only person saying this. I too have heard the same thing from a source inside the program. Again, take it with a grain of salt. If anyone can get Cass going, it will be CWM.

I trust Clayton's source since he is not the only person saying this. I too have heard the same thing from a source inside the program. Again, take it with a grain of salt. If anyone can get Cass going, it will be CWM.

Yeah, I've heard rumblings, too (though I don't have any sources inside the program, so very salty).

One question I have about this stuff, though, is whether we should see it as a final judgment about Cass, or whether Boom is trying to motivate him. I mean, you could imagine that letting this sort of word out would be one way of trying to get a player to step it up a notch or two.

Yeah, I've heard rumblings, too (though I don't have any sources inside the program, so very salty).

One question I have about this stuff, though, is whether we should see it as a final judgment about Cass, or whether Boom is trying to motivate him. I mean, you could imagine that letting this sort of word out would be one way of trying to get a player to step it up a notch or two.

I would absolutely assume the latter if it were a quote from CWM we were discussing. As others have stated elsewhere, and as you might be alluding to, you always get a lot of "presumed starter needs to work harder, presumed backup could steal that job" chatter until the season starts. Since it's "inside info" we're discussing, though- and I don't disparage the sources or the content with either my scare quotes or the following sentiment- I won't assume anything. Might be true, might not. And even if it is, it could be a temporary and fixable condition. Certainly not enough context here for me to have a strong emotion either way.

I respect you and don't really want to cause a great argument but it just doesn't make sense to make a very pointed accusation such as that then state "It doesn't need to be discussed publicly." That just seems a bit hypocritical. But I digress.

I respect you and don't really want to cause a great argument but it just doesn't make sense to make a very pointed accusation such as that then state "It doesn't need to be discussed publicly." That just seems a bit hypocritical. But I digress.

This. You already made the comment, now just give some context.

This. You already made the comment, now just give some context.

Look, I've been told some info on both Cass and Kris' performance in spring practice. Muschamp has been upset with them because he wants more out of them. Cass has work ethic issues. Kris isn't utilizing his full talent like we all know he can. That's all I'm saying. Not quite sure how that makes me a hypocritical person.

That's my guess. To motivate, I mean.

Then it doesn't need to be mentioned...because this is a public forum. Why post such stuff if it can't be sourced? In fact, doesn't posting stuff that can't be sourced violate forum rules?

Then it doesn't need to be mentioned...because this is a public forum. Why post such stuff if it can't be sourced? In fact, doesn't posting stuff that can't be sourced violate forum rules?

I am not the least bit interested in an argument with fellow AU fans. It does seem disingenuous to state something as fact on a public forum and then refuse to elaborate because it's a public forum. No offense meant. I'm just a little confused.

Sorry that I refuse to reveal my source as that would take away from it being a source. I apologize that I might have broken a rule, but all that I was doing was passing info that I was told, along. I am not trying to start an argument, and if anyone would like to say something to me, please PM me. Thanks y'all and War Eagle!

IMO you have to take the poster at their word. Usually you can suss out if someone if FOS from their body of post. Clayton is a pretty even handed/long term poster so I have no reason to doubt his claims. Obviously you don't out your source or you will soon find you don't have one.

Sorry that I refuse to reveal my source as that would take away from it being a source. I apologize that I might have broken a rule, but all that I was doing was passing info that I was told, along. I am not trying to start an argument, and if anyone would like to say something to me, please PM me. Thanks y'all and War Eagle!

I feel where your coming from Clayton, just keep doing what ur doing man,WDE

We've gotten into the whole "give me your source or I don't believe you" argument before numerous times on this site, and the solution to it is very simple: Unless someone can give you a source or some kind of link the information, then take everything with a grain of salt. That doesn't mean that if people don't have a source then the information isn't true, nor does it mean that if you have a source, your information must be true (see South Carolina beat writer claiming that they had already hired Muschamp). Also, that isn't an attack on those like Clayton, WDEWDE, student23, Ellitor, war eagle6, or any of the others that bring info to this site frequently without a source - rather it's just a rule that I tend to live by in my own life.

Now, in this case, the information that they are bringing has been brought by multiple independent sources, so that makes me more inclined to believe it is true, but until one of the coaches personally confirms that or until Cass and Kris lose their starting jobs, I will continue to thank those who bring information for literally no gain at all to this site, and then I will take that information with a grain of salt. Simple. No arguments with people about who believes who and where people have their sources.

Clayton my apologies. I was not calling you hypocritical. I was equating the statement of "He has work ethic issues" being stated on a public discussion board, with saying it doesn't need to be discussed publicly. That was the contradiction that made the two statements hypocritical.

As for Spring Practice for the AU Football Board, I feel good about where we're at. The rumor police have been a strength of ours since I've been here; and they look to be a strong group again for the upcoming season. Meanwhile, some of the young posters are coming along nicely. Clayton has been standing out as a kid who's not afraid of message board contact. Again, I feel really good about where we're at at this point in the season.

As for Spring Practice for the AU Football Board, I feel good about where we're at. The rumor police have been a strength of ours since I've been here; and they look to be a strong group again for the upcoming season. Meanwhile, some of the young posters are coming along nicely. Clayton has been standing out as a kid who's not afraid of message board contact. Again, I feel really good about where we're at at this point in the season.

If we ever meet, AUbritt, I'm'a hug the hell out of you.

We've gotten into the whole "give me your source or I don't believe you" argument before numerous times on this site, and the solution to it is very simple: Unless someone can give you a source or some kind of link the information, then take everything with a grain of salt. That doesn't mean that if people don't have a source then the information isn't true, nor does it mean that if you have a source, your information must be true (see South Carolina beat writer claiming that they had already hired Muschamp). Also, that isn't an attack on those like Clayton, WDEWDE, student23, Ellitor, war eagle6, or any of the others that bring info to this site frequently without a source - rather it's just a rule that I tend to live by in my own life.

Now, in this case, the information that they are bringing has been brought by multiple independent sources, so that makes me more inclined to believe it is true, but until one of the coaches personally confirms that or until Cass and Kris lose their starting jobs, I will continue to thank those who bring information for literally no gain at all to this site, and then I will take that information with a grain of salt. Simple. No arguments with people about who believes who and where people have their sources.

Spoken like a true AU man. Nice

If Cass or KF aren't starters this fall, it'll be because someone else beat them out for the job. May the best man win based on performance, not time he's been in school.

IMO you have to take the poster at their word. Usually you can suss out if someone if FOS from their body of post. Clayton is a pretty even handed/long term poster so I have no reason to doubt his claims. Obviously you don't out your source or you will soon find you don't have one.

If you read other boards (such as the Auburn board on tigerdroppings.com) then you will have read what Clayton has posted.

wde

Clayton my apologies. I was not calling you hypocritical. I was equating the statement of "He has work ethic issues" being stated on a public discussion board, with saying it doesn't need to be discussed publicly. That was the contradiction that made the two statements hypocritical.

This is all I was saying. Not calling anyone out and not caring about a source. I just thought asking for elaboration of the post was routine. And I don't normally take the time to surf other sites, so I didn't have a clue about other sites. But I'm checking now. ;)

Not attacking your post but unless your source is CWM, Frost or Cass then it's third party rumor. I am sure that CWM,just like all coaches expects more out of their veterans. As I said the other day when someone was discussing JJ vs SW. Every spring we hear about some non-starter passing over some veteran, and come fall that veteran is starting, and folks are wondering what happened is you were not paying attention. Be advised early, barring injury Frost and Cass will start this fall at Will and Mike, and it is not even close. FWIW both will be drafted next year. CWM is saying he wants more and not that he wants someone different. Big difference WDE

If you read other boards (such as the Auburn board on tigerdroppings.com) then you will have read what Clayton has posted.

wde

link it. All I see is a LSU fan site >:(

Archived