Muslims Throw Christians Off Ship

Proud Tiger

...and I had concerns that Weegle and I were getting too heated at times.

If it were not for the age difference I would be pushing for some good old fashion naval boxing. The gloves don't lie.

The gloves also don't say a thing about the validity or logic of either party's argument.

If we're going to barbarically revert to dueling, trial by combat, or any form of violence to settle verbal disputes, may as well do it Arthurian style: swords, armor, and to the death. That would keep at least one of the parties from ever again disturbing others, and might have something of a deterrent effect to letting verbal disagreements get too heated. :rolleyes:

I disagree. Fight me IRL.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it were not for the age difference I would be pushing for some good old fashion naval boxing. The gloves don't lie.

The gloves also don't say a thing about the validity or logic of either party's argument.

If we're going to barbarically revert to dueling, trial by combat, or any form of violence to settle verbal disputes, may as well do it Arthurian style: swords, armor, and to the death. That would keep at least one of the parties from ever again disturbing others, and might have something of a deterrent effect to letting verbal disagreements get too heated. :rolleyes:

Nope...stick to the gloves...I never saw one end without the two combatants respecting each other in new ways and most of the time becoming buddies...

Until then, keep your piece handy and maintain a wary eye on the Arab.

God I hope that is satire.

Me too!

The five largest Muslim populations by nation (Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nigeria, in order) aren't even Arabic. Many Arab countries are fighting ISIS along side us. Iran (the "varsity", according to some, in contrast to ISIS's JV status) is only about 2% Arab, with other ethnic groups, particularly Persian, making up the majority of its population.

If the passengers aboard this ship were refugees from sub-Saharan Africa, most likely they were not ethnic Arabians either.

Nope...stick to the gloves...I never saw one end without the two combatants respecting each other in new ways and most of the time becoming buddies...

Well, I was of course being sarcastic in suggesting a fight to the death.

But I'm dead serious in saying violence is a ridiculous way to settle any verbal disagreement or intellectual debate. All it proves is who is better at violence, not who's argument is more logical or factual.

If we're going to barbarically revert to dueling, trial by combat, or any form of violence to settle verbal disputes, may as well do it Arthurian style: swords, armor, and to the death. That would keep at least one of the parties from ever again disturbing others, and might have something of a deterrent effect to letting verbal disagreements get too heated. :rolleyes:/>

True. I suck with swords so I would be deterred.

Screw the swords: http://en.wikipedia......._(weapon)

I liked this:

"The term holy water sprinkler is also used to describe a type of military flail, this being the name for the weapon in French (goupillon).[6] It was (according to popular legend) the favored weapon of King John of Bohemia, who was blind, and used to simply lay about himself on all sides. ;D

If we're going to barbarically revert to dueling, trial by combat, or any form of violence to settle verbal disputes, may as well do it Arthurian style: swords, armor, and to the death. That would keep at least one of the parties from ever again disturbing others, and might have something of a deterrent effect to letting verbal disagreements get too heated. :rolleyes:/>

Screw the swords: http://en.wikipedia......._(weapon)

I liked this:

"The term holy water sprinkler is also used to describe a type of military flail, this being the name for the weapon in French (goupillon).[6] It was (according to popular legend) the favored weapon of King John of Bohemia, who was blind, and used to simply lay about himself on all sides.[citation needed]" ;D/>

LOl

I learn something new everyday but sometimes I don't feel any smarter.

Screw the swords: http://en.wikipedia...._(weapon)

I liked this:

"The term holy water sprinkler is also used to describe a type of military flail, this being the name for the weapon in French (goupillon).[6] It was (according to popular legend) the favored weapon of King John of Bohemia, who was blind, and used to simply lay about himself on all sides.[citation needed]" ;D/>

LOl

I learn something new everyday but sometimes I don't feel any smarter.

The new forum motto.

Until then, keep your piece handy and maintain a wary eye on the Arab. YOU could be the next to feel the effects of The Religion of Peace and Love. ~ Mikey

This is too awesome not to be repeated multiple times.

:flag:

I agree, this insight of mine is so accurate that I'd like to have it appear yet another time in this thread. If just one of those that got tossed overboard had been armed and alert the tale would have had a different ending.

Bunch of cowards on this board. Can't attack the argument but rather slander fellow members. When asked for proof they scurry like little coward cockroaches. It's cool though because through their moronic slandering, I know I have won the argument.

I have become of the opinion that the cowardice extends beyond those who choose to attack your service to our country. It extends to those who turn a blind eye to it, particularly the moderators of this forum who either ignore it or, endorse it. It is shameful.

There are two main moderators of this board now, me and TexasTiger. If you see something you think should be dealt with, either use the report button on the post or shoot us a private message. We have jobs, we are not omniscient. We will miss stuff, but we also try to take a mostly hands off approach and let stupid arguments mostly hoist themselves by their own pitard. But if you think something is egregious, don't wonder if we saw it, report it.

Navy boy have you written your daily note of admiration to Obama yet today? Ain't got much time left. You better hurry.. Your hero is waiting for his fan mail

Wow. What other tricks can you force him to do?

I can't wait for the day you two post your "save the date" on the forums.

Cooltigger is gonna make ya one happy lady wartim:)

If Tim likes it, fine. If not, fine. I don't care about whether anyone in particular likes it. I just post what I think and whatever anyone else thinks is irrelevant. There are some that if they don't like it, then I know I've done something worthwhile. I don't mind the liberal viewpoint so much as an arrogant twerp that thinks way too much of himself just because he's in the navy.

Remember....the sewing circle gals get marching orders on their talking points ...

Bunch of cowards on this board. Can't attack the argument but rather slander fellow members. When asked for proof they scurry like little coward cockroaches. It's cool though because through their moronic slandering, I know I have won the argument.

I have become of the opinion that the cowardice extends beyond those who choose to attack your service to our country. It extends to those who turn a blind eye to it, particularly the moderators of this forum who either ignore it or, endorse it. It is shameful.

There are two main moderators of this board now, me and TexasTiger. If you see something you think should be dealt with, either use the report button on the post or shoot us a private message. We have jobs, we are not omniscient. We will miss stuff, but we also try to take a mostly hands off approach and let stupid arguments mostly hoist themselves by their own pitard. But if you think something is egregious, don't wonder if we saw it, report it.

Attacking someone's military service is, IMO, over the line. For the most part, we all give as well as we take. Those who can not typically use the ignore feature.

However, a personal attack based in a person's service in the military is beyond despicable and, should not be tolerated.

Attacking someone's military service is, IMO, over the line. For the most part, we all give as well as we take. Those who can not typically use the ignore feature.

However, a personal attack based in a person's service in the military is beyond despicable and, should not be tolerated.

I agree. And I've deleted several of those kinds of posts. But I don't see them all so if that's happening, let us know.

Archived