Who will rush for more yards this year

Newbomb

115 members have voted

1. 1. Which player will lead Auburn in rushing this year?

• Jeremy Johnson
    • Roc Thomas
    • Peyton Barber
    • Jovon Robinson
    • Soneone else

Though he didn't have many yards during A-Day, JR runs really smoothly, hits the hole quick, and has good pad level. Roc looked a lot more refined in his running. I think his most impressive run honestly was his second touchdown. He found a really small crease and hit the hole fast. So I predict JR, but I don't think Roc will be far behind.

Though he didn't have many yards during A-Day, JR runs really smoothly, hits the hole quick, and has good pad level. Roc looked a lot more refined in his running. I think his most impressive run honestly was his second touchdown. He found a really small crease and hit the hole fast. So I predict JR, but I don't think Roc will be far behind.

This guy gets it^^

Went with Barber because I've been picking him to win the job for 2 years and only a coward would back out now.

Barber isn't going to start.

I'm going with Roc. He has had a great spring.

I agree. If Roc is the 1 cut runner he was Saturday & how the staff wants him to be he will be very tough to beat out. He just has to remember this ain't the Pac 12 where you can just Reggie Bush bounce it out a lot. This is the SEC where you make 21 cut & go.

21 cuts and go? That sounds more like Barry Sanders and the Big 12. ;)

(I know your post was a typo. Just having fun with it.)

I don't know who starts or who wins up with the most yards. What I do think is that Jovon and Barber are sort of like very fast sledgehammers.** You beat the defense up with those hammers (sort of like Rocky Balboa beat up that side of meat with his fists in the first film) and then you have the scalpel on Roc Thomas to come in and slice off that pre-tenderized beef. What I'm saying is that I think Running Back U has a heckuva combo at tailback. I can't wait to see what Malzahn and Lashlee do with all these toys. (I do hope they find a way to get Jovon or Barber and Roc on the field at the same time, a la Al Borges with Ronnie and Cadillac. That's not the typical Malzahn offense way, at least not that I've seen, but it could happen.)

**"Peyton Barber was physical, man," Lashlee said. "He was running over good players like Cassanova McKinzy and Rudy Ford. They way he finished, he finished like an Auburn running back finishes runs."

Archived