NCAA 2005 question

TitanTiger

Anyone here ever sent their memory card to the guy at ps2rosters.com for him to load all the player names and corrected depth charts on it for NCAA Football 2005? Seems popular but I'd like to hear some experiences if possible from trusted folks here first.

I like it, but what football game do you like that doesn't suck?

I wish they would allow the chain gang to come out and measure for a first down or when someone is injured, let trainers come out onto the field.

How about get someone else to do the commentating besides Herbstreet and Corso

134299[/snapback]

Now there's an idea! We are always poking fun at those guys...

GAY GAY GAY

I did it last year. No problems what so ever. I did pitch in a few bucks as a donation though. Didn't do it this year because I don't play the game that much.

NCAA 05 is pretty cool, i get all my games for free on my xbox and that has to be like the best college game, but madden is also pretty good.

I did it last year. No problems what so ever. I did pitch in a few bucks as a donation though. Didn't do it this year because I don't play the game that much.

134315[/snapback]

You sent in your card to him, or you just downloaded them yourself?

I did it last year. No problems what so ever. I did pitch in a few bucks as a donation though.

134315[/snapback]

same here. it worked fine, and he got it back to me in under 2 weeks. I didn't do it this year either. Don't remember why, though.

Go buy an action replay. Then you can download them when they're posted,and upgrade versions very quickly and easily. I got mine @ KB Toys. Walmart doesn't carry the XBOXAction Replay, just GC and PS2.

This is why NCAA 2005 sucks (compared to 2004):

I meant the Online format sucks. The rest of the game is cool, but there is so much wrong with Online that 2004 had going for it.

1) You can't load your profile/playbook/audibles.

2) Home Field Advantage is a HUGE disadvantage - it should be able to be turned off. I love to call audibles out of the same formation the whole time and I can't do that with 2005.

3) It takes FOREVER to get a game going. The connection and viewing an opponents career takes an extra step or 2. Tho it has more stats to check out, make those be the extra steps to view.

4) Hurry up is much worse in 2005. It takes longer to activate the hurry up and you can't call an audible until the QB gets under center. That wouldn't bother me - IF THE CLOCK DIDN'T START WHEN THE BALL WAS PLACED DOWN! Wait for the chains... not the ball.

The game itself - it's very annoying when the announcers shout, "And they STOP 'EM!" when you get the 4th down conversion. I liked some of the older playbooks - like when Shotgun Normal had a HB direct. But there are some new plays I like as well. It's great they got updated conference schedules.

I just hate the online mode with a passion. 2004 was very easy to play a game, much quicker, and much more fun with no home field advantage. Profiles could be loaded, which made it much better.

Hey guys,

Those of you who have played it for a while, does it make sense to pick a different school's playbook like say, Indiana, to more accurately mimic the Borges playbook? Also, how do you utilize Ronnie and Caddy so that they get a relatively easy number of touches? Do you have Ronnie as the first stringer in certain formations? Do you name him the #1 fullback so he's in there in the I-formationa and the offset formations?

I alternate their starting position in the formations. Carnell starts in half of them and Ronnie starts in the other half. In the ones that Carnell is the starting tailback, I put in Ronnie as the FB. So most of the formations have both of them in it.

I made my own playbook with plays I like, so I can't help you with the Borges issue, good thought though!

Archived