Baseball vs Alabama game 1

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not fatal.

They gotta' get past that and win tomorrow.

Good chance of that but wasted two excellent pitching efforts by Yarbrough and Lipscomb.

AU gonna make the tournament....need to win about 4 more games ....maybe 5....but that should be plenty....IMO.

When your team gets runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs and doesn't score, normally the game will not end well.

When your team gets runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs and doesn't score, normally the game will not end well.

So true...the best hitters could not even get a bunt down or put the ball in play. Actually a couple times it set up perfectly for the way the line-up worked out but guys we usually count on were over-eager I guess and struck out on some really bad pitches.

But today is a new day....hoping for better things...but sure hated to waste that good outing by Lipscomb. That was a very winnable game.

But today is a new day....hoping for better things...but sure hated to waste that good outing by Lipscomb. That was a very winnable game.

You could not be more right.

However, I will remind you that over the course of the season, and especially over the last couple of months, there have been very few bad pitching performances and maybe even fewer "unwinnable" games. The needs for this team in terms of personnel are becoming fewer and more definable. I have to say that I have been blown away with the progress of the pitching staff. This team has gotten infinitely better in terms of mental toughness. We are no longer playing out the string in May. That is freaking awesome in my book.

this was my exact thought. That was very poorly done. I don't know why we didn't try a squeeze to at least get one.

this was my exact thought. That was very poorly done. I don't know why we didn't try a squeeze to at least get one.

AU tried a few squeezes and sacrifices and without naming names, most of the bunt attempts were fouled off or missed completely....looked pretty bad. Coach has to be frustrated with the inability of some key players to just get their bats on the ball in key situations to advance a runner. Been doing better the past few weeks but yesterday was not good enough to be considered winning baseball.

Better today perhaps?

Archived