Baseball vs. uat - game 2

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

official scorers are pretty generous giving base hits .....that was a E on Nulph ....ball in the dirt and got to Robert in plenty of time.

But McCord survived it again.

Not to make excuses for bama, but they have to even find a place to practice. That is their fault. They could have started consrtuction at the end of last home game.

In the 2 series this year, we've made UAT look a lot better then they really are. I've watch them on the SEC Network and they would get beat up like a drum at home and away.

Just so you know, bama has not had a "home" game this year....been playing in Birmingham and other place while their new stadium is being constructed....probably done pretty well this considering all games on the road....somewhere.

I think they've been playing at the Hoover Met and that's pretty close to turdville. It's not really a hardship. It's an easy ride straight up and down the interstate in less than an hour.

Surely your are kidding....do you think AU would have the same record playing all our "home" games in Montgomery. ?

AU batters just hacking a whatever today. Mentally just not in this series.

Bama pitcher keeping everything down....not much to hit so far.

Need to be more patient.

Deese on after the pitcher snagged his grounder and then dropped it trying to flip it to his throwing hand.

Gray walks.. Auburn has runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out and Grier coming up.

OK...got the right guys coming up now...

Robert lines one to the gap in left center....deese scores easily....gray rounds third...throw coming home....gray is SAFE at home...Robert ends up at 2nd with a double and it plates two runs... Auburn leads 2-1

Gutty call sending Gray but with so little hitting I guess it had to happen....and paid off this time....Gray a very good base runner.

Finally and big hit! Daniel Robert hits one to the gap and both runners score. Grey makes a great slide too. AU leads 2-1..

Haecker follows with a single that scores Robert from 2nd and Haecker takes 2nd on the throw. Auburn leads 3-1

Another run as Robert (not the most fleet of foot) slides in for a 3-1 lead. Haecker is on second and uat is changing pitchers.

Wow....where did this come from? Amazing how a little error to start the inning that gave us a free base could cause so much trouble. Letting that first batter on is a dangerous thing to do.

inning over for Auburn. But, Auburn plates 3 and takes a 3-1 lead after 6.

In the 2 series this year, we've made UAT look a lot better then they really are. I've watch them on the SEC Network and they would get beat up like a drum at home and away.

Just so you know, bama has not had a "home" game this year....been playing in Birmingham and other place while their new stadium is being constructed....probably done pretty well this considering all games on the road....somewhere.

I think they've been playing at the Hoover Met and that's pretty close to turdville. It's not really a hardship. It's an easy ride straight up and down the interstate in less than an hour.

Surely your are kidding....do you think AU would have the same record playing all our "home" games in Montgomery. ?

Montgomery is a little father away than Hoover. And there are plenty of turd fans around Hoover so a home crowd isn't an issue either.

And no I'm not saying it made no difference..... just not that big of a deal either. It's not like they had to drive hours and play on a sand lot. Hoover Met is s nice ball park and they've played there already during the tourney. It's almost their home away from home.

1 out and McCord walks a batter. Mound visit lasted 2 seconds. Rocky at 96 pitches. Time for the pen.

Archived