what is up with my IE

MDM4AU

I noticed tonight that everytime I "click" on an internet icon from my desktop, for example: aunation.net, aunation opens but so does a blank IE page. The header reads "Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by AT&T WorldNet Service." There is nothing in the browser or on the page itself.

Why is my computer doing this?

The only thing I have done tonight to my computer is load new printer (EPSON Stylus CX6600) software and a spyware demo. I also removed AIM from my program files and start-up operations because I have been getting an error message for sometime when I start-up my computer.

And all of you mozilla, etc people, please do not tell me to change from IE. That will not correct my IE problem. :P

The only thing I have done tonight to my computer is load new printer (EPSON Stylus CX6600) software ....

134332[/snapback]

See, THAT's your problem. You should've bought a Lexmark Printer!!!

[disclaimer]AURainman is directly affiliated with Lexmark International, Inc.[/disclaimer]

No offense Rainman, I would give my Lexmark Z25-35 to anyone for a good HP inkjet. my lexmark is the most buggy, annoying printer I have owned in years, maybe ever.

Depending on what type of spyware demo you installed, that could be the problem. Some "spyware removal programs" are nothing but spyware in disguise. Download and install ad-aware and spybot search and destroy. Run the updates on both and then scan your machine with them. That would be one fix. Another would be to try and install the google toolbar, it is pretty decent about blocking most pop-ups. It is also not riddled with spyware like some of the other toolbars for IE.

No offense Rainman, I would give my Lexmark Z25-35 to anyone for a good HP inkjet. my lexmark is the most buggy, annoying printer I have owned in years, maybe ever.

134359[/snapback]

:lol:

None taken. We all know........

:lol: :huh:

They hired ME to take care of that image though. :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Actually, I walked him through setting up Firefox and Thunderbird (email client) and he's going to give them a try. Firefox isn't doing the "ghost page" thing that IE was doing. Not sure what's causing it.

134359[/snapback]

:lol:

None taken. We all know........

:lol: :huh:

They hired ME to take care of that image though. :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

134374[/snapback]

Well send a link to the patches please. I hate this printer. I honestly could not dislike it more.

Archived