Biker Gang Shoot Out at Texas Market Place

Race......let's keep it to NASCAR and Indy. It doesn't work well talking about it on the interweb......makes people defensive.

:)/> :)/> :)/>

it does. not even sure who im defending. but when i see a meme of a post that insinuates across the board racism and all the points made on the post are incorrect i cant help but point that out.

I was taking a shot at myself more than anything....but I digress. Lol

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thug is used plenty for white football players, where it applies. Just as it is for anyone else.

That's your opinion, I disagree. You pretty much have your mind set and that's fine but there are millions of others who don't agree with you. Also which is why this isn't an argument I'm going to have on here. Most times I just go how things go on this board because there is no way to prove anything else.

Thug is used plenty for white football players, where it applies. Just as it is for anyone else.

That's your opinion, I disagree. You pretty much have your mind set and that's fine but there are millions of others who don't agree with you. Also which is why this isn't an argument I'm going to have on here. Most times I just go how things go on this board because there is no way to prove anything else.

I do prove it, and you still just dismiss it.

So what's the point.

And I'm also not going to go along with some empty greviance industry agenda. Those who act out in a certain way deserve being called on it. If sons are overly sensitive & object ? Tough. Then don't condone such actions & defend those who do.

You prove it how? By saying it's so? Gtho. Funny how you had nothing to say and this thread went on for two days and when that Facebook post popped up here you come with your cape on to save the day....oh I forgot you're a Batman type of guy...

Even if there was ONE black guy on the crew, the remark was made to Joker, and clearly wasn't " racial " . The point you're ignoring ( for obvious reasons ) is that the term ' thug ' was and is often used for any violent group of criminals. 2008, this year, with the new Avengers movie, or hell, 30 years ago, 'thug' is often used. Only in the past few years has anyone thought to control the usage of that word by making up this' racist ' crap.

It's not racist.

That's my only point.

Oh, and also ? "Genius " is a commonly used sarcastically to make fun of those who think they know more than they actually do.

Most would know that, and yet you're having to have it explained to you.

Well, at least it's starting to get funny. :laugh:

Even if in a pathetic sort of way.

Even if there was ONE black guy on the crew, the remark was made to Joker, and clearly wasn't " racial " . The point you're ignoring ( for obvious reasons ) is that the term ' thug ' was and is often used for any violent group of criminals. 2008, this year, with the new Avengers movie, or hell, 30 years ago, 'thug' is often used. Only in the past few years has anyone thought to control the usage of that word by making up this' racist ' crap.

It's not racist.

That's my only point.

Oh, and also ? "Genius " is a commonly used sarcastically to make fun of those who think they know more than they actually do.

Most would know that, and yet you're having to have it explained to you.

Well, at least it's starting to get funny. :laugh:/>

Even if in a pathetic sort of way.

I just knew if I came into the political forum of an Auburn site I would read about the Joker in the context of racism.

Actually I'm not a batman kind of guy. But that's irrelevant . Yes, because I said I proved it. Because I did, cole. It was a clear example of that word being used, as it's been used for years & decades before, having zero racial connotation . Because it doesn't. And there are plenty more examples , buy i'll bet you dismiss them out of hand , because you simply don't WANT to accept the truth.

I just knew if I came into the political forum of an Auburn site I would read about the Joker in the context of racism.

That's because for some, EVERYTHING is about racism.

Just not me.

Actually I'm not a batman kind of guy. But that's irrelevant . Yes, because I said I proved it. Because I did, cole. It was a clear example of that word being used, as it's been used for years & decades before, having zero racial connotation . Because it doesn't. And there are plenty more examples , buy i'll bet you dismiss them out of hand , because you simply don't WANT to accept the truth.

Just not me.

Well Im a big Joker(HL) fan and I was very proud when cole pointed out that Joker was indeed an equal opportunity gang boss. "there was a black guy in his gang"

I got teary eyed

is it wrong that i have never watched any of the batman movies?

The newer trilogy is definitely worth watching, but the older ones can (and probably should) be skipped.

Just not me.

You're an idiot. Just because you went to a movie who used the word thug, a comic book movie mind you doesn't prove anything. Shut up

You're an idiot. Just because you went to a movie who used the word thug, a comic book movie mind you doesn't prove anything. Shut up

You're attempting to be funny, right ? You're not SERIOUSLY name calling me and telling me to " shut up " like you're some 8 yr old, after I've proven my point, and you've done exactly NOTHING to dispute what I said or show where " thug " is a racist term.

I'll save you the time and effort. It isn't.

Next.

is it wrong that i have never watched any of the batman movies?

The Christian Bale / Michael Kane versions are worth a look.

And I also liked Michael Keaton too, though I understand how some don't. The rest are crap, imo.

You're attempting to be funny, right ? You're not SERIOUSLY name calling me and telling me to " shut up " like you're some 8 yr old, after I've proven my point, and you've done exactly NOTHING to dispute what I said or show where " thug " is a racist term.

I'll save you the time and effort. It isn't.

Next.

Lol. Ok.

Lol. Ok.

• thug
    NOUN

• a violent person, especially a criminal.
    • synonyms: ruffian · hooligan · vandal · hoodlum · gangster · villain · criminal ·

• More

• historical
      a member of a religious organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travelers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s.

• OxfordDictionaries · © Oxford University Press

:laugh: OK

Lol. Ok.

• thug
    NOUN

• a violent person, especially a criminal.
    • synonyms: ruffian · hooligan · vandal · hoodlum · gangster · villain · criminal ·

• More

• historical
      a member of a religious organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travelers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s.

• OxfordDictionaries · © Oxford University Press

:laugh:/> OK

Take it to the dictionary boards!

But back to the original point of this thread what's up with the bikers

So far I have seen two of the arrested to be:

A licensed engineer

A retired cop

I bet both were shady in the day job.

A licensed engineer

A retired cop

the mug shots on cnn.

A licensed engineer

A retired cop

the mug shots on cnn.

Yeah there are some real winners in that group! LOL

I thought a look a like thread would be funny......but probably in bad taste.

I blame sons of anarchy

And those mug shots... Rejects from Pirates of the Caribbean

A licensed engineer

A retired cop

Reminds me of the movie "Wild Hogs". ;D

Archived