Obama Uses N-word

Proud Tiger

Sounds to me like just another reason to criticize the president. If this was a white Republican, would you be up on your soap box?

List for us all the many Presidents who have publicly or in an interview used that word.

Ready ? Go.

And once again, I'm not find of Obama, but this is such a non-issue--we are focusing on one word as opposed to his actual message.

He used that one word when he didn't need to, specifically to advance his own agenda. Division and a radicalization of pretty much all of society. This man is, to his very core , a born and bred radical. He literally can't help himself.

And had a white GOP President said it ... gee, it would never happen. Why should I even bother w/ that one ? There very well may be riots, regardless of context. It's too absurd to comprehend, to be honest.

As far as I know, no. No president has said "n****r" previous to Obama. Why can't we move forward as a society and just use words we mean to use? The country is so scared of hurting peoples' feelings that we have to dance around everything we say. He didn't use it in a derogatory sense, and word of the day--contextually, it was fine. I don't know why people are offended.

So even, if a white Republican said exactly what Obama said in the exact same manner in support of blacks, there would be riots and the world would burn? I personally don't believe so.

I also don't believe he had any sort of agenda in his mind when he said it. He was a show literally called "What the ****", perhaps he didn't feel like he needed to censor himself to appease the PC crowd.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back Obama, no matter what, because he's our 1st black President, and lord knows, we don't want to appear disrespectful !

Sorry, but the dignity of the office should be enough to preclude a President from saying such things. The phony excuses " He was being professorial ! It was the CONTEXT " or some such, are simply pathetic and hallow.

Titan - what inane thing have I posted. Start with just one. Go for it.

Your entire argument and every subsequent post defending it has been inane.

You're kidding. Not very funny, but on well.

Can't name just ONE , can you ? And explain why ?

I just looked it up:

"A President isn't being dignified if he's uttering the word ' n****r ' in an interview. Sorry, but it's just flat out pathetic , but what one would expect from a classless low life like Obama."

Sounds to me like just another reason to criticize the president. If this was a white Republican, would you be up on your soap box?

List for us all the many Presidents who have publicly or in an interview used that word.

Ready ? Go.

And once again, I'm not find of Obama, but this is such a non-issue--we are focusing on one word as opposed to his actual message.

He used that one word when he didn't need to, specifically to advance his own agenda. Division and a radicalization of pretty much all of society. This man is, to his very core , a born and bred radical. He literally can't help himself.

And had a white GOP President said it ... gee, it would never happen. Why should I even bother w/ that one ? There very well may be riots, regardless of context. It's too absurd to comprehend, to be honest.

As far as I know, no. No president has said "n****r" previous to Obama. Why can't we move forward as a society and just use words we mean to use? The country is so scared of hurting peoples' feelings that we have to dance around everything we say. He didn't use it in a derogatory sense, and word of the day--contextually, it was fine. I don't know why people are offended.

(snip)

Oh they aren't offended. They're just faking offense to use it against Obama.

So even, if a white Republican said exactly what Obama said in the exact same manner in support of blacks, there would be riots and the world would burn? I personally don't believe so.

I also don't believe he had any sort of agenda in his mind when he said it. He was a show literally called "What the ****", perhaps he didn't feel like he needed to censor himself to appease the PC crow.

I think it's moving the country backward for a President to use such language. I really do. Odd that you think it's some how moving us forward.

There were riots in Ferguson over an event which never happened ( Hands up, don't shoot ! ) , so yeah, I can easily see how the same pot stirrers would try to instigate riots had this been a white Republican. Regardless of context.

Back Obama, no matter what, because he's our 1st black President, and lord knows, we don't want to appear disrespectful !

Sorry, but the dignity of the office should be enough to preclude a President from saying such things. The phony excuses " He was being professorial ! It was the CONTEXT " or some such, are simply pathetic and hallow.

I don't back Obama no matter what. I rarely back him at all. But I also don't manufacture bull**** reasons to oppose him either.

Context matters. Period. Being able to grasp that concept doesn't make one an Obama defender, it just demonstrates common sense and critical thinking skills.

Context matters. So, while on a public interview ( podcast is public ) Obama uses the word ' n****r ' .

- why is this being blocked out ? I'm not using it in a derogatory manner, after all -

And yet, Danny Ferry , recently of the ALT Hawks, in a closed meeting, merely repeated what some one else said , and loses his job over a term ' A little African in him '. HE didn't say it about anyone. HE was just passing along what some scout had said about Luol Deng.

So, apparently, the " CONTEXT " of words or phrases only matters sometimes, but not others.

I also don't believe he had any sort of agenda in his mind when he said it. He was a show literally called "What the ****", perhaps he didn't feel like he needed to censor himself to appease the PC crow.

I think it's moving the country backward for a President to use such language. I really do. Odd that you think it's some how moving us forward.

There were riots in Ferguson over an event which never happened ( Hands up, don't shoot ! ) , so yeah, I can easily see how the same pot stirrers would try to instigate riots had this been a white Republican. Regardless of context.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree at this point. We are just going around and around in circles.

If I was talking to a group of young men about how to be a gentleman and treat women with respect and said something like, "Just because you don't call women bitches and hos doesn't mean you respect women," that is not tantamount to using those words in a derogatory manner. They are used to make a salient point...that there is far more to honoring and respecting women than cleaning up your language and only using socially respectable words.

This is what Obama was saying with regard to racial issues. It was to make a point, not to be edgy or cool, not as a term of endearment, not to stir up tension...simply to say there's more to making racial progress than dropping that word from your vocabulary.

Why this is so hard to grasp for you is troubling.

You know, I have heard a lot of people saying that we have a real problem in discussing race in this country. To be frank, I sort of had my doubts about that.

But seeing your and PT's response to the President's obviously sincere and serious thoughts on race - simply because he as frank enough to use a word that perfectly illustrated his point - I have to agree.

We apparently cannot have an honest discussion about race. Some people are apparently too PC to take it.

It's not hard to grasp, I just don't buy your half assed excuse making.

It's not hard to grasp, I just don't buy your half asses excuse making.

It's not an excuse. It's a perfectly reasonable distinction.

And with that, we arent running around in circles as you chase your own tail anymore.

Archived