SEC NETWORK Takeover

WarTiger

Watching 'This is Auburn' now. Shon Coleman's mom is super cool. 'I like mature Shon Coleman' was a great line (she was talking about his development as a person). Very nice.

So has anyone else heard that story behind War Eagle that the Auburn historian was describing in the This is Auburn segment??

So has anyone else heard that story behind War Eagle that the Auburn historian was describing in the This is Auburn segment??

Sorry, switched to the Braves game. Which story?

Lol I know we've all seen the game 10 times, but SEC Network literally skipped THE play by Mike Dyer... So dumb.

I couldn't belive my eyes when the score had changed to us having 14 points. I thought, what the hell??? , they left out our TD!!!! I guess they thought the sewing machine was a bigger deal as far as "time constraints" went. Vern spent about ten minutes on that episode. I just went ahead and watched they game on youtube, almost no commercials and no time constraints. The SEC Channel is all about bama anyway. Disgusting!!

If you did not see the one hour segment on Auburn following the Iron Bowl replay last night, try to find it and take a look..

Was a nice promotional piece, primarily aimed at prospective students and athletes I guess....had lots of interviews with current and former athletes and several parents with emphasis on the Auburn Family and how various student athletes had adapted to the school.

snapback.pngValleyTiger, on Yesterday, 09:53 PM, said:

I have NEVER heard that story. I didn't like it at all. The eagle flying over the first uga game is the only one I hold true. I wonder who approved this NEW version. The only bad part of show. Already had several bammers tell me that our tradition is based on fiction and lies. Why were they even watching? Bad call by TPTB on not sticking with the story that has been passed on for generations and has been printed in official AU literature. This NEW version does nothing to get a prospective student/athlete excited.

I loved how Auburn took over The SEC Network yesterday. I think we should have our own network. The Tiger Network.

I have NEVER heard that story. I didn't like it at all. The eagle flying over the first uga game is the only one I hold true. I wonder who approved this NEW version. The only bad part of show. Already had several bammers tell me that our tradition is based on fiction and lies. Why were they even watching? Bad call by TPTB on not sticking with the story that has been passed on for generations and has been printed in official AU literature. This NEW version does nothing to get a prospective student/athlete excited.

Will someone please repeat the story that y'all are talking about?

The only other two I've heard is the game vs Carlisle Indian school played and had a guy named Bald Eagle and they kept yelling where he was on offense and that got picked up by fans and turned into War Eagle. The other is some pep rally in the building that burned down, one of the cheerleaders said something about the game and this is war, and that got turned into War Eagle. I'm vague on those stories, because the main one is the Eagle flying around the stadium and helping defeat Georgia. It is by far the better story of the three. Not sure which one was on TV as I didn't see it.

The story about the cheerleader with the pep rally is what was told on TV. I never heard that before. The guy telling it was a historian but I still think he's wrong...

Yesterday evening was great.

2013 Iron bowl followed-up with hour long promo about the University.

And at the end, my 11 year old said..Dad, I'm going to play ball at Auburn. :big:

Guess that promo worked.

What disappointed me was that the "Auburn historian" failed to mention that there's several versions of the origin. People with no prior knowledge would take it as absolute.

This is what was described on the show:

War Eagle Legend 3

During a Langdon Hall pep rally in the undefeated season of 1913, the head cheerleader said, "If we are going to win this game, we are going to have to go out there and fight, because this means war." At that moment an eagle emblem fell off a students military hat. Asked what it was, he reportedly shouted, "It's a War Eagle." The next day it became the favorite student cheer when Auburn beat Georgia, 21-7, to win the SIAA championship.

AuburnTigers.com link

What disappointed me was that the "Auburn historian" failed to mention that there's several versions of the origin. People with no prior knowledge would take it as absolute.

This is what was described on the show:

War Eagle Legend 3

During a Langdon Hall pep rally in the undefeated season of 1913, the head cheerleader said, "If we are going to win this game, we are going to have to go out there and fight, because this means war." At that moment an eagle emblem fell off a students military hat. Asked what it was, he reportedly shouted, "It's a War Eagle." The next day it became the favorite student cheer when Auburn beat Georgia, 21-7, to win the SIAA championship.

AuburnTigers.com link

Thanks, VT! That's not a story I've ever heard before, either.

:dunno:

Lol I know we've all seen the game 10 times, but SEC Network literally skipped THE play by Mike Dyer... So dumb.

"Due to time constraints." What?!?!?!

They also cut out one of the biggest Oregon plays in the game. With the 4th quarter winding down and Oregon trailing by 8 points and pinned inside their 20 yard line the SEC Network went to commercial. When the game came back on it was Oregon 1st and goal around our 5 yard line. What?

Unbelievable that someone would leave out the 2 biggest plays of the game. Who did the editing, an 8th grader in A/V class who had no knowledge of sports?

Archived