Trev Alberts...

PChamp119

Trev, I always enjoy listening to this guy and generally always agree with him. I love his points, I couldn't agree with him more, especially compared to other commentators...

But Trev....

He just said "Alabama has a great chance to challenge LSU for the SEC West."

Tho I agree Alabama will have a great team next year to challenge for the SEC West... WHAT ABOUT AUBURN!?!?!? I know this isn't the same team coming back next year, but still. I think Auburn has just as much of a shot, if not more, then LSU winning the West - especially without Saint Nick.

Let 'em under estimate us AGAIN. It is a ton of FUN to make 'em look like....uaters ! ! ! :D

Or maybe he figures since Auburn is not shown respect, why should he continue to do just that.

Maybe it's his way to motivate us because he really has been a cheerleader for us

Has anyone else noticed all the commentators of these bowl games saying auburn should be number 1? and they have said it all along!!! <_< ya think they might have been wrong about mighty cal? arizona st. squeeked by there game... so who else did the all mighty do no wrong usc play? ap- :moon: coaches- :moon: beat va turds :au:

And, we lose 7 defensive starters and can't possibly replace them...no...wait .......that was LAST year. :lol::lol::lol::au:

Curry's sidekick during the Music city Bowl ("Michael"?) said if Croyle and the 2 running backs don't get injured, Bama is in a BCS bowl. I'm mean these guys are this ignorant for a living?

Curry's sidekick during the Music city Bowl ("Michael"?) said if Croyle and the 2 running backs don't get injured, Bama is in a BCS bowl. I'm mean these guys are this ignorant for a living?

135175[/snapback]

It's to bad bama fired Curry. They were made for each other :D

Did you see how Curry sucked up to Don Shula, his former coach with the Baltimore Colts. He was like a little kid.

I hate to agree with people that are being bashed, but if Bama stays healthy next year they will be an outstanding football team. They've got a lot of talent at receiver and Darby is enough of a work-horse back to take some pressure off the passing game. They've got a solid defense. The only thing they missed this year was Brodie. If Bama had solid QB play, this season would've been a lot different. If they'd had Brodie against us and we played as poorly as we did, I don't think we would've walked out a winner.

Its just not realistic to think that Brodie is good for a whole year. He is simply not durable and history supports my opinion. Unfortunatey he has all the tools but not the body. I don't see him being there at the end, again.

Its just not realistic to think that Brodie is good for a whole year. He is simply not durable and history supports my opinion. Unfortunatey he has all the tools but not the body. I don't see him being there at the end, again.

135215[/snapback]

People said the same thing about Caddy and that seemed to work well for us.

Brodie had two injuries (sounds familiar, doesn't it?) His non-throwing shoulder didn't hinder him too terribly last year. The knee was a non-contact injury (ala Jason White) which is due in part to genetics (according to several reports).

I agree that BAMA will be a good team next year. I am am not trying to defend BAMA but I think it is a good thing that BAMA will be good next year. I would love to see them undefeated when they come to the plains.

I think the West will be just as good as the East next year as far as records go.

It was just us and LSU this year.

Like I have been saying all the time.

2006 will be the best SEC teams in my opinion.

Steve @ :usc: , Myers @ :uf: along with hopefully SR Leaks, D. Ware @ :uga: , QBs @ :ut: will be JRs, Auburn will have a good SR defense if they stay along with SR Cox, :ua: will have Croyle if he gets medical redshirt but they will be good anyways under Shula, :lsu: with J. Russel plus the young RBs. :msu: might even have a winning season after Prunn gets in some recruits.

2005 :au: 9-2

2006 :au: Championship contenders

Caddilac didn't get injured because he wasn't the lone back.

But still, any player is just one play away from an injury.

Wow, that line sounded like a Bill Curry classic bland, line

caddilac had to prove that he could stay healthy. once he did, he got the respect he deserved and gave us two incredible seasons. brodie has never stayed healthy through a year so all questions about his durability are legit until he proves otherwise.

i'm sorry, i may just be a blind auburn homer, but i just don't see bama challenging for anything next year. one back with almost no rotation all much guarantees that the guy will get hurt during the season (ie. caddy when all we could do was hand it to him 40+ times a game... the body just breaks down at some point). brodie's never been healthy. the oline loses a pair of studs i believe. the defense loses a pair of players off a thin dline rotation, the middle linebacker, and veteran corner. not huge or unsurmountable loses, but it's the lack of depth that bit them this year which is going to get better by losing these guys. 6-5 sounds about right for this team in my eyes.

Brodie had two injuries (sounds familiar, doesn't it?) His non-throwing shoulder didn't hinder him too terribly last year. The knee was a non-contact injury (ala Jason White) which is due in part to genetics (according to several reports).

I may be wrong but didn't Brodie miss his senior year of HS due to a knee injury?

Bama is also loosing most of their offensive line, which was one of their strengths this year. 2005 will be hard on them because of depth at almost every position.

Don't underestimate them, but I don't see them being better than AU, LSU, SC, FL or TN, and Bama plays all of those schools. I think with three or four looses in the SEC, it will be hard to win the SEC west.

but they will be good anyways under Shula..

135237[/snapback]

:blink::blink: ??

They've only been occasionally fair at best under Shula so far, so I have trouble swallowing the idea that they will be GOOD under him! He may surprise me, but he also may not even be around by 2006.

I may be wrong but didn't Brodie miss his senior year of HS due to a knee injury?

135283[/snapback]

Anybody know the answer to this? I think I remember it correctly but may be wrong. That would mean that Brodie has not completed a season of football in 4 years except for the back up role behind Tyler.

I have all the respect in the world for Brodie. He seems to be a tough guy with a good heart. I would just be skeptical about his ability to finish out the season without a sizable supporting cast.

C'mon guys, you sound like a bunch of bammers taking what I guy said out of context. First of all, was what he was saying inaccurate? No. Secondly, when was he making the comment? During the Bama game. So of course, he is going to talk about Bama having a shot. Why would he be talking about AU during that game? He did not say that AU would not have a shot, but was simply making a comment with relevence to a team's game that was currently being televised at that time. I think we are getting a little too touchy about what is said or, in this case, not said about our team because of what has happened to us this year. Trev has been the only consistent voice of reason on that ESPN staff, so why bash him because he did not mention us in a comment made about Bama during a Bama game?

BTW, in all honesty, I will be surprised if we compete very well next year. Some of you mentioned what all we lost last year and how well we did last year. However, there are some big holes in that comparison. We had all our offensive punch in our RBs that came back for this year. Then we had QB that finally came into his own this year and was one of the best QBs in the nation. Next year they are all gone. That is going to hurt a whole lot more then then players we lost from last year. The players we lost from last year are easier to replace in one year then offensive players the caliber of Caddy, Ronnie, and JC are to replace. You can replace them, but what the personnel you replace them with are not going to have the same type of years those guys head within a years time. I am hoping I am wrong, but I am looking to next year as a "rebuilding" year. The side that has to score points is going to be full of players that have very little Div-1 experience under the belts.

135283[/snapback]

Yes Brodie missed most, if not all, of his senior year in H.S. I can't remember if it was a knee or a broken leg.

Guest Tigrinum Major

135283[/snapback]

Yes Brodie missed most, if not all, of his senior year in H.S. I can't remember if it was a knee or a broken leg.

135394[/snapback]

He missed all of his senior year after being injuyred in his first game. If I am not mistaken, it was an ACL, but I am not sure if it was the same leg as this year.

Archived