What do we know about Louisville?

gr82b4au

I don't know a lot about Louisville, but one thing I know for certain is that any Petrino offense is going to be pass heavy and we have Carl Lawson who more than one coach has declared as unstoppable. To me, that equals a VERY long day for Louisville.

Add to that the fact that, in their last game, they gave up almost 300 on the ground and 5.5 YPC to Georgia and, unless they managed to recruit some serious D-line talent that is ready to play immediately, the triple threat coming out of our backfield should have a fun day.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know a lot about Louisville, but one thing I know for certain is that any Petrino offense is going to be pass heavy and we have Carl Lawson who more than one coach has declared as unstoppable. To me, that equals a VERY long day for Louisville.

Add to that the fact that, in their last game, they gave up almost 300 on the ground and 5.5 YPC to Georgia and, unless they managed to recruit some serious D-line talent that is ready to play immediately, the triple threat coming out of our backfield should have a fun day.

This is why we schedule teams like Louisville. If Auburn fans weren't at least a little bit worried that we might lose, then it would be a sham of a game and no one would be excited about it like they aren't excited about many of the other SEC games where the teams are opening up against joke teams. Good for Auburn for providing a challenge on week 1. Let's start this off with a bang!

Bonnafon's accuracy is horrible though. In order for him to start and be more effective he's going to have to improve that. He's in a similar position Nick was in. Petrino's delima is go with a mobile guy but not accurate or the QB who's accurate but who's not mobile and putting faith in their suspect OL to protect him.

I posted in the other Louisville thread, but I thought I'd leave it here, also. According to this, Louisville is the 42nd-most talented team in the country. We are 8th.

Carry on.

IMO I just can't trust the defense until I see it can be trusted. That side of the ball has been abused for an entire senior class' tenure at AU. This offense, while I believe in it, has never been out there (so many new faces getting PT) so we don't even know what to expect from them completely.

They have Jacquay Williams!!! That guy that devommitted from us and went to A&M. Hope we stick him with 0 catches and Louis lights it up with over 100 yards receiving!!!!!

IMO I just can't trust the defense until I see it can be trusted. That side of the ball has been abused for an entire senior class' tenure at AU. This offense, while I believe in it, has never been out there (so many new faces getting PT) so we don't even know what to expect from them completely.

Exactly show out against louisville and We'll feel a lot better

Verne "oh no" Lundquist (& Gary Danielson) scheduled to blather though the game for CBS on Saturday. Mute the game & listen to commercials? Wish we still got AU games on radio in Tallahassee.

Verne "oh no" Lundquist (& Gary Danielson) scheduled to blather though the game for CBS on Saturday. Mute the game & listen to commercials? Wish we still got AU games on radio in Tallahassee.

I'll be watching at a bar with an alumni group, so thankfully I don't have to hear either of those gas bags.

If you're so inclined, you can sign up for a free tryout of Sirius and stream through a mobile device. It should have the AU broadcast.

Should be available on plenty of iPhone apps like TuneIn Radio.

If our offense clicks right away and we can get a 14 pt lead and then unleash Lawson/Cowart on their inexperienced QB(s) every play, Petrino might be in trouble.

Can't wait to see how JJ performs. It would be great to see him go out there and light it up

Thanks ya'll!

Before this thread dies a timely death, I must express my 11th hour hand-wringing yet not mindless concern of Patrino going with their dual-threat QB Bonnafon against our current D of mostly (with a few exceptions) inexperienced talent and experienced mediocrity. Carry on.

If our offense clicks right away and we can get a 14 pt lead and then unleash Lawson/Cowart on their inexperienced QB(s) every play, Petrino might be in trouble.

Can't wait to see how JJ performs. It would be great to see him go out there and light it up

I would love to see this and I would think from the passing stand point that they should click right away. I'm more concerned about the O-line blocking for the RB. If that run game is not at least average it will put more pressure on JJ. Although I seem to remember him throwing a TD against Arkansas as he was being tackled so maybe he can handle it.

AU Network(or whatever it's called) also has its own app to stream games. Might be hosted by Tunein.

AU Network(or whatever it's called) also has its own app to stream games. Might be hosted by Tunein.

I used TuneIn last year, but I think the current options are TuneIn and the Auburn Gameday app.

I used TuneIn last year, but I think the current options are TuneIn and the Auburn Gameday app.

Ah yes. That's what it was called. I only used it a couple of times when Sirius didn't have the Auburn announcers.

Archived