McElroy on J Johnson

juscAUse

McElroy had "too much Bammer in him" until getting body slammed in the 4th quarter of the 2010 game. When he came back from the ensuing concussion he was cured! Now he makes pretty good sense! It's amazing what a good ass whupping does for one's perspective!

I have been really surprised at him on the SEC Network. He doesn't come off all pro bama and actually has some good things to say about Auburn many times. I think he is very samrt and understands that if he plays the homer all the time his broadcasting carrier will be short. I don't think he grew up an Alabama fan but I could be wrong that might be part of it. To me Finbaum carries bamas water more than McElroy does.

McElroy had "too much Bammer in him" until getting body slammed in the 4th quarter of the 2010 game. When he came back from the ensuing concussion he was cured! Now he makes pretty good sense! It's amazing what a good ass whupping does for one's perspective!

I like this explanation, lol. Yes, McElroy has done a decent job on the SECN by calling it the way he sees it and not having an agenda. He is a good analyst too.

His schtick is not coming across as unobjectively pro Bama, like fellow former QB Herbstreit he states the obvious as if he's reached some brilliant conclusion. But feel to sniff his boxers Clayton.

I left work today an had been listening to JOX on the way in. FBaum was on and going to break, but said McElroy was going to be on to discuss the bama QB situation after the break. I kept it there and this is what he said;

A) Basically no worries about Bama QB because of the D and the running game. Comer had to take the position or Saban would give it to someone else.

B)/> In answering FBaums question about why everyone was looking for Johnson to be good, he said that Johnson threw the ball better in 1 half against Arkansas than Nick did all year. That Gus and the O guys would scheme to get people wide open, and Johnson would make most of the throws that Nick didn't. He said that Gus was too good to not utilize the strength of his QB, and the 25 yard gains because of errant throws would be TDs this year. Said he looks for great things from JJ, because of the system. Paraphrased, of course.

I'm expecting 800 yards of passing against bama now

I had one problem with McElroy's statement. If they cannot find a QB, then this will be Kiffin's last year. As we all know Kiffin has a thing for flash and he loves to sling the ball through the air. Saban will force him to run the ball because he doesn't trust his QB. This will cause a rift and Kiffin will leave because of it.

His schtick is not coming across as unobjectively pro Bama, like fellow former QB Herbstreit he states the obvious as if he's reached some brilliant conclusion. But feel to sniff his boxers Clayton.

Lol Canuck.

Who's McElroy?

iNlwIYzniOyE1.gif

Kinda led with his head when he hit the ground there. I can't see how in the heck he managed to hold on the ball because he was obviously knocked out. You have to give him credit for that.

Who's McElroy?

iNlwIYzniOyE1.gif

Kinda led with his head when he hit the ground there. I can't see how in the heck he managed to hold on the ball because he was obviously knocked out. You have to give him credit for that.

Dude, stop defending this bammer man! You'll soon be accused of "sniffing his boxers" lol.

Who's McElroy?

iNlwIYzniOyE1.gif

Dude, stop defending this bammer man! You'll soon be accused of "sniffing his boxers" lol.

He didn't, the ball came loose as he landed in a heap.

At about 2:13: the trainers are leading him by the hands off the field, he's walking like he's punch-drunk and his helmet is askew -- he's practically looking out the earhole. That's my memory of him. LOL

I might be changing my tune on him. I watched the Auburn preview on the SEC Network last night, and at least for me, he is really really hard to watch. Its clear that the guy works his tail off, in that he's very professional and we'll prepared. Honestly it's not easy to sit in a studio and talk to a camera without missing a beat or saying "um" or "uh" every 10 seconds, so I'll give him that much. But man, the guy just seems so unnatural, and completely devoid of a sense of humor. He sounds like a guy trying to sound like a football analyst. I think he'd probably be great if he could relax, but maybe that's just him.

He's also very, very young. Maybe in a few years I'll like him more, but I even thought Dari Nowkah wanted to punch him during the Auburn preview show.

Archived