Gov. Bentley's wife files for divorce

RunInRed

Yep, deeper political ramifications, as if the loss of trust in an officeholder wasn't enough. Complete lack of decision making skills on every level. As a governor, he is a dead duck. He is meaningless...It won't get any better, either.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've made an executive decision.....I want to be paid by unnamed entities and get away with it, too.....

Just wow.....the Guvnah's senior advisor and she is paid by unnamed entities?

Damn good work if you can get it.

Another view of the same thing....

Do the two articles make the same point, in your opinion? One states they had never done it that way before and the other says it is a previous relationship.......

http://yellowhammernews.com/politics-2/research-reveals-ua-unnecessarily-drug-bentley-mason-scandal/

Is the cartel laundering money? Unbelievable.

http://www.al.com/ne...cart_river_home

Interesting. The Mason-AUT money link certainly needs to be thoroughly investigated.

However, I wish the writer, Sheets, had omitted his first sentence: "The University of Alabama paid a company owned by Jon Mason tens of thousands of dollars this year in connection with billboards the company neither designed nor physically installed" and follow up references to that effect ("But the company did not design or create the billboard advertisements bearing the slogan "Roll Dallas Roll" that UA paid JRM to help it post in the Dallas area") . Neither UA nor Jon Mason claims the payments were for designing the billboards or the physical installation of the billboards (athough JRM may have sub-contracted the physical installation out to a third party). Mason's firm was allegedly paid to "find available locations, negotiate rates, coordinate production and finalize rental agreements in a more efficient and cost-effective manner than handling it in house, which saves the university money," as the article later says. There is no representation that JRM Enterprizes was expected to design the billboards or provide in-house the physical service/labor of installing them.

Certainly everything associated with the Bentley-Mason scandal needs to be investigated. And perhaps the University overpaid for JRM's services. But the artistic design of the signs and the manual labor of installation were apparently never part of the contract, and not therefore an issue.

Interesting differences between the two......

The various sources of the Mason's income will be vetted and this, along with other University related income, will be likely be included.

Another view of the same thing....

Do the two articles make the same point, in your opinion? One states they had never done it that way before and the other says it is a previous relationship.......

http://yellowhammernews.com/politics-2/research-reveals-ua-unnecessarily-drug-bentley-mason-scandal/

it depends on what the author wants to insinuate and what the reader wants to believe I guess. It might be piling on a bit.

The one thing about the governors behavior is that this type of behavior occurs irregardless of whether a person is a conservative or a liberal. If it is conservative the liberals will come out and say it proves their point. If it is a liberal the conservatives will come out and say it proves their point. What it proves is some people cheat and and because of that people are hurt not the least of which is the spouse and family and in this case the people of Alabama.

This is not a political thing it is a case of a man being weak and because of that many are hurt.

Weakness, no doubt.....

There is also no doubt that it is a case of power hungry people doing what was necessary to get what they wanted. Money, access and power....

I'll grant you, I detest the backwoods tea billy moron....

Not mentioned the party or celebrated his party's part in it one time.....The committee to impeach has a 10-5 repub majority.....

FAR more about the long term absurdity and abuse of Alabama's state level gov, TO ME....

A former Alabama gov is still in prison....a democrat....He needs some company...........a republican.

Sure, I've laughed at his "family values", hypocrisy...I laughed at the former dem gov's ignorance for assuming he could get away with what he did...

If people don't want those things to occur, don't do the crime against the public trust, if you don't want to suffer the ridicule and prosecution.

Weakness, no doubt.....

There is also no doubt that it is a case of power hungry people doing what was necessary to get what they wanted. Money, access and power....

I'll grant you, I detest the backwoods tea billy moron....

Not mentioned the party or celebrated his party's part in it one time.....The committee to impeach has a 10-5 repub majority.....

FAR more about the long term absurdity and abuse of Alabama's state level gov, TO ME....

A former Alabama gov is still in prison....a democrat....He needs some company...........a republican.

Sure, I've laughed at his "family values", hypocrisy...I laughed at the former dem gov's ignorance for assuming he could get away with what he did...

If people don't want those things to occur, don't do the crime against the public trust, if you don't want to suffer the ridicule and prosecution.

I don't disagree with you at all. We get good people and bad people on both sides of the political spectrum. If they are bad when they are caught they need to be punished. What I get tired of is some people seeming to think that when somebody on other side of political spectrum is caught being bad it represents that political party whether Republican or Democratic. To often people assume that people on the other side of the political spectrum are bad people. I am a die hard fiscal conservative more of a middle of the road social conservative but I have good friends who I respect greatly that have much more liberal views then mine. Like me they love God, their Family, their Country, and would do anything to protect them but they disagree in how to do it. To me they are good people just misguided to them I am a good person just misguided.

Yep, deeper political ramifications, as if the loss of trust in an officeholder wasn't enough. Complete lack of decision making skills on every level. As a governor, he is a dead duck. He is meaningless...It won't get any better, either.

This takes me back to our governor Mark Sanford's "walk on the Appalachian trail".

This takes me back to our governor Mark Sanford's "walk on the Appalachian trail".

In some ways, similar.....no question.......

The one thing about the governors behavior is that this type of behavior occurs irregardless of whether a person is a conservative or a liberal. If it is conservative the liberals will come out and say it proves their point. If it is a liberal the conservatives will come out and say it proves their point. What it proves is some people cheat and and because of that people are hurt not the least of which is the spouse and family and in this case the people of Alabama.

This is not a political thing it is a case of a man being weak and because of that many are hurt.

That goes without saying. Unfortunately Alabama has had more than its share of corruption in politics. Neither party has a sterling record in honor.

Yes people are flawed in both or all parties. It is when you campaign on " conservative family values" those flaws are going to sting a little worse.

Yes people are flawed in both or all parties. It is when you campaign on " conservative family values" those flaws are going to sting a little worse.

yes very true. Got no one to blame but himself.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/04/jon_mason_should_be_concerned.html#incart_river_mobileshort_home

This is the type problems I see taking them all down. If Mason was the only employee of his company there is no logical way he could handle this work and handle it at a lower cost than UAT could internally AND give full effort to a 90k$ a year state appointed position.

• 2 weeks later...

Zeigler is a one-termer

Archived