Gov. Bentley's wife files for divorce

RunInRed

Forgetting the politics and optics of this for a moment...what a complete jerk this guy is. By all accounts his wife is a wonderful, sweet woman. And this jackass is gallivanting around the state and apparently the country with some woman at least 20-25 years younger than him. And she's also married. So besides being an adulterer, he's a homewrecker.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgetting the politics and optics of this for a moment...what a complete jerk this guy is. By all accounts his wife is a wonderful, sweet woman. And this jackass is gallivanting around the state and apparently the country with some woman at least 20-25 years younger than him. And she's also married. So besides being an adulterer, he's a homewrecker.

he's 73 she's 43. He certainly tried to be a home wrecker. I still think she was playing him for the benefits. Husband was complicit.

I would love to know if this reimbursement he got AFTER this story broke was given to all the governers who attended. Where did the funding for the reimbursement come from?

Yep.

The whole age difference thing doesn't bother me. I'm one that believes that age is simply a number as long as you're both of legal age. Now the fact that he's married and so is she is another matter entirely.

The whole age difference thing doesn't bother me. I'm one that believes that age is simply a number as long as you're both of legal age. Now the fact that he's married and so is she is another matter entirely.

It still seems a little creepy when you're old enough to be her father. But legally, there's certainly nothing wrong with it.

I'm not certain that he wasn't manipulated by her for money and power, with her husbands consent and knowledge.

That doesn't excuse the Guvnah's behavior........cash to husband from UA on Paypal in March.....after this news broke? It was several days before she resigned from helping him. The website and social media for the group she works with suddenly pulled? Did it cease to exist? Was it just her and her husband?

The helicopter deal, the Vegas deal.......this man is dying one news release at a time.....Everyday, someone is releasing more info....

NOTHING excuses his behavior.......there is still far more to the story, than we know yet....imo

Some Bham connections in the legal field...Not a media story. Given time.....

I did say, IMO, offered no link....

I wasn't accusing you of anything. You aren't the first person who has said something about that and I was wondering if there was a story somewhere I had missed.

it is my opinion too. Has been for a while now. I have no connections. They were both paid appointees by the guvnu. This actually came to light a year or two ago and she REMAINED at his side as he got divorced and she stayed married. I get forgiving an affair but for the two to remained joined at the hip is not logical. It's has to be a play for money, power, positions.

Certainly wouldn't be the first time for something like that.

Was a Jet Ranger really used to deliver his wallet from Tuscaloosa to Fort Morgan? That's a lot of Jet A burned at taxpayer expense. The last time I saw average hourly cost for a Jet Ranger, it was nearly $600. That's at least a two-hour trip, one way. It would have cost far less to merely relay it via Alabama Highway Patrol vehicles. Would have cost far less to dispatch one Highway Patrol vehicle with it for a direct trip from Tuscaloosa to Fort Morgan with it. Might have taken a little longer, but it's not possible that he needed his wallet THAT urgently.

Was a Jet Ranger really used to deliver his wallet from Tuscaloosa to Fort Morgan? That's a lot of Jet A burned at taxpayer expense. The last time I saw average hourly cost for a Jet Ranger, it was nearly $600. That's at least a two-hour trip, one way. It would have cost far less to merely relay it via Alabama Highway Patrol vehicles. Would have cost far less to dispatch one Highway Patrol vehicle with it for a direct trip from Tuscaloosa to Fort Morgan with it. Might have taken a little longer, but it's not possible that he needed his wallet THAT urgently.

maybe they needed to accumulate air time? He did a favor.

Some people believe that Caldwell Mason is now cooperating with investigators and it might even see some more national law enforcement response....Interesting times...While I'm sure some here do not like him and that is understandable, check out Donald Watkins on Facebook and he has some interesting stuff to say about this and apparently more than a little knowledge. NOT my source.

https://warmsouthernbreeze.wordpress.com/

You know I honestly believe that both of these people were and probably still are basically decent, good people. Power is is a very strong aphrodisiac and it has claimed many a good man and woman. It will claim many more in the future.

Like it was said about Clinton, the act is not specifically what will get you, the cover up will.............Otherwise it would be a marital issue.

Also, there is the situation of him likely allowing her to dictate policy and even accusations of telling him some bills to veto.

Power is a great attractant. Abuse of power is a great weakness. Power gained by a ballot box is not in and of itself a bad thing, few ultimately can handle ultimate power, however. Power sought through subversion and manipulation, is also at issue here. Several more issues of legal consideration are still in question.

This was not a simple piece on the side marital issue. That dude lost it. Clinton was a different kind of wrong.

Archived