Democrats: We support Black Lives Matter. Black Lives Matter: We don't support Democrats.

AURaptor

Who determined they were leaders? You? Your conservative news blog? The "movement" is nothing more than what some on this board show. When a black guy is killed it's just as big as when a white person is. Not the oh well mistakes happen, and statistics shows it rarely happens, or what aren't you mad about black on black crime, or what about high blood pressure....You don't EVER see any of these questions when a white person is killed, ESPECIALLY by a black person. It's the other way around actually

Where has there been any condemnation over this -

" In a video posted to

on Tuesday, a Black Lives Matter activist declares that it's now "open season" for killing white people and police officers. Showing an image of black people standing on the U.S. flag, the host of the BlogTalkRadio program talks about "picking off" police officers."

Or this -

Black Lives Matter protesters marching on the Minnesota state fair on Saturday spewed violent anti-cop rhetoric just hours after a Harris County, Tex. sheriff’s deputy was ambushed and executed at a Houston-area gas station.

“Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon,” activists with the St. Paul, Minn. branch of Black Lives Matter chanted while marching behind a group of police officers down a highway just south of the state fair grounds.

http://dailycaller.c...ke-bacon-video/

Gee, IDK, but those marching w/ the BANNER of Black Lives Matter, chanting this slogan, sure does LOOK like they're supporting this sort of rhetoric , huh ?

You address THIS issue first, before you go on about what I have or haven't posted regarding positive black people. ( There are plenty I've posted, btw )

So those are the leaders of the black lives matter movement?

Still not addressing the issue. Typical

No I hold you accountable to what you say and you HATE that. I gave you an example of how silly it is to use an extremist to define an entire organization. You countered and said the extremist were the leaders of the movement. I then replied what makes you say that? Who are the leaders? You then countered with that story with a link. Now I ask are they the leaders, and we both know they are not so your next move is to deflect because we all know that you won't say you were wrong.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I hold you accountable to what you say and you HATE that. I gave you an example of how silly it is to use an extremist to define an entire organization. You countered and said the extremist were the leaders of the movement. I then replied what makes you say that? Who are the leaders? You then countered with that story with a link. Now I ask are they the leaders, and we both know they are not so your next move is to deflect because we all know that you won't say you were wrong.

You refuse to accept that the leadership has yet to denounce ANY such behavior as I posted above. These weren't ' extremists ', random whack jobs who carried 1 or two signs, while following a greater, peaceful protest. No, there were the EVENT ORGANIZERS, chanting " pigs in a blanket ! fry like bacon ! "

You're the one deflection, cole. Not me.

Promoting violence against cops -

http://townhall.com/...illing-n2046941

Interrupting traffic and causing real life threats to public safety -

http://www.nbcnews.c...ed-384820291684

No one apologizes or regrets these things, they applaud such action. There is no legitimacy in their antics.

None.

How am I the one deflecting? You're the one who said the leaders of the "movement" were the extremist. This is the first you've mentioned anything about denouncing. It may not be one or two but it damn sure isn't an organization terrorizing policemen. You just want and need that narrative so you can have that feather in your cap to be against the black people one more time

Seems like the ones defending the BLM movement accept what they are saying. Stopping traffic by impromptu protesting does cause a traffic hazard. I have been affected by the BLM movement protesting shouting about killing "crackers" and "Pigs". So it is ok to break the law? I am not talking about protesting but protesting can be done without causing a traffic hazard and advocating killing of people based on their race. It does nothing to help race relations. I don't like any groups that do that. There are many problems within our society and there are racists of all colors. Arguing semantics on here does no good. I guess I shouldn't come here expecting good conversation on topics as it has proven to be who can take a shot at another and take comments to the extreme. That tactic is part of our problem in our country where people would rather blame others for their troubles or troubles of the society instead of working together to solve problems.

How am I the one deflecting? You're the one who said the leaders of the "movement" were the extremist. This is the first you've mentioned anything about denouncing. It may not be one or two but it damn sure isn't an organization terrorizing policemen. You just want and need that narrative so you can have that feather in your cap to be against the black people one more time

You're trying to spin it w/ minutia, and still avoiding the issue.

I neither want or need any such narrative. It is what it is. If it truly were about peacful protesting, it wouldn't be unhinged disruption of a Bernie Sanders rally , in Seattle, nor would there be silence when such " local " leaders pull stunts like I've posted above.

You're trying to spin it w/ minutia, and still avoiding the issue.

I neither want or need any such narrative. It is what it is. If it truly were about peacful protesting, it wouldn't be unhinged disruption of a Bernie Sanders rally , in Seattle, nor would there be silence when such " local " leaders pull stunts like I've posted above.

Raptor,

With the way you are thinking all movements can be labeled as negative.

Go google "s***ty feminist rally" you'll find a whole lot of extremist crap that only belong to 1-5% of feminists. Doesn't mean feminism as a whole is s***.

I'm pretty sure I have seen you complain before about how the media stresses certain parts of news over others in the past, can you not see how this also falls victim to media surges?

Mimzy - the BLM examples I posted speak for themselves. I didn't have to google them using some ridiculous phrase either.

Seems like the ones defending the BLM movement accept what they are saying. Stopping traffic by impromptu protesting does cause a traffic hazard. I have been affected by the BLM movement protesting shouting about killing "crackers" and "Pigs". So it is ok to break the law? I am not talking about protesting but protesting can be done without causing a traffic hazard and advocating killing of people based on their race. It does nothing to help race relations. I don't like any groups that do that. There are many problems within our society and there are racists of all colors. Arguing semantics on here does no good. I guess I shouldn't come here expecting good conversation on topics as it has proven to be who can take a shot at another and take comments to the extreme. That tactic is part of our problem in our country where people would rather blame others for their troubles or troubles of the society instead of working together to solve problems.

Work together to solve problems huh? Work together with a person who is saying you're just blaming others with a problem like police brutality....I think that's the real reason some are so angry about the movement. Nobody has to ask for fundamental rights, you demand them. Yeah I'm sure protesting while not causing any inconvenience to the people who think you're just blaming others will REALLY shake the cages and cause change by at least maybe 200 years.....what's wrong with that?

It's far more than a minor inconvenience to block a major roadway ( like a bridge ) , unannounced and unscheduled, ( and against the law ) that stops traffic.

And what 'rights' are being demanded ? The right to assault a cop and take his gun w/ out being shot ?

Sorry, no one is getting that " right " .

You're deflecting again....I understand though

You won't acknowledge the issue, and feigning ignorance. I get that. I really do. PROTEST LEADERS were chanting " pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon ! " , not some random , lone wolf.

It's far more than a minor inconvenience to block a major roadway ( like a bridge ) , unannounced and unscheduled, ( and against the law ) that stops traffic.

And what 'rights' are being demanded ? The right to assault a cop and take his gun w/ out being shot ?

How about these rights.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/mobile/national/department-of-justice-report-on-the-ferguson-mo-police-department/1435/

No the right to sit in your car and not have your brains blown out for no apparent reason....

No the right to sit in your car and not have your brains blown out for no apparent reason....

Inside raptor's gated community and golf cart, all is well.

You won't acknowledge the issue, and feigning ignorance. I get that. I really do. PROTEST LEADERS were chanting " pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon ! " , not some random , lone wolf.

You're absolutely right I won't acknowledge you posting a link of a person who is not a leader of that "movement" (even though it's quoted that you said they were) and then you try to use it as the example and focal point as to this is what the "movement" is overall and all if not the majority of this national movement is reflected right here no ifs ands or buts. When actually you're posting something that doesn't have an official leader. This is as stupid as a confederate flag protest that starts in Wal-Mart then me saying this is a reflection of every white person in the south.....(which Florence isn't a major city but they caused plenty of traffic problems)

And then to go as far as to compare them to the kkk....Smh I could just imagine what all you would REALLY say if a group of black people kicked in the door of an innocent white family and hung not only the man but women and children and then took a pic with them smiling with a thumbs up....Or bombed and killed little innocent girls at a church of all places....I doubt you would ever try to compare something so trite to people that did that...But you are you

Work together to solve problems huh? Work together with a person who is saying you're just blaming others with a problem like police brutality....I think that's the real reason some are so angry about the movement. Nobody has to ask for fundamental rights, you demand them. Yeah I'm sure protesting while not causing any inconvenience to the people who think you're just blaming others will REALLY shake the cages and cause change by at least maybe 200 years.....what's wrong with that?

So I take it that you are for people breaking the law because you think they are demanding their rights while advocating killing others? That says a ton about a person who believes that it is ok. Really, so if others want to demand that people stop breaking the law by their protesting illegally out in traffic takes matters in their own hands and runs over a few of these people then that would be ok by your statements because as you said they are just "Demanding" their rights. And their rights are being impeded upon by people illegally protesting. I am for protesting but stopping traffic illegally and advocating killing of police and another race just doesn't lend me to be sympathetic to their cause whatever it may be. Sorry but what the BLM is advocating from what I have seen in person doesn't make me sympathetic and like most are full of people who just want anarchy or don't want to try and make things better but believe violence is the only way.

So I take it that you are for people breaking the law because you think they are demanding their rights while advocating killing others? That says a ton about a person who believes that it is ok. Really, so if others want to demand that people stop breaking the law by their protesting illegally out in traffic takes matters in their own hands and runs over a few of these people then that would be ok by your statements because as you said they are just "Demanding" their rights. And their rights are being impeded upon by people illegally protesting. I am for protesting but stopping traffic illegally and advocating killing of police and another race just doesn't lend me to be sympathetic to their cause whatever it may be. Sorry but what the BLM is advocating from what I have seen in person doesn't make me sympathetic and like most are full of people who just want anarchy or don't want to try and make things better but believe violence is the only way.

This person was breaking the law...

Rosa_Parks_Booking.jpg

Plenty of peaceful meetings, actually majority of it is merely a hashtag. People still frown at it. Anybody who tries to say that this particular movement is about killing policemen isn't educated or too lazy to find out. But yeah tell yourself that's what it's about....easier to hate the thought

You're absolutely right I won't acknowledge you posting a link of a person who is not a leader of that "movement" (even though it's quoted that you said they were) and then you try to use it as the example and focal point as to this is what the "movement" is overall and all if not the majority of this national movement is reflected right here no ifs ands or buts. When actually you're posting something that doesn't have an official leader. This is as stupid as a confederate flag protest that starts in Wal-Mart then me saying this is a reflection of every white person in the south.....(which Florence isn't a major city but they caused plenty of traffic problems)

And then to go as far as to compare them to the kkk....Smh I could just imagine what all you would REALLY say if a group of black people kicked in the door of an innocent white family and hung not only the man but women and children and then took a pic with them smiling with a thumbs up....Or bombed and killed little innocent girls at a church of all places....I doubt you would ever try to compare something so trite to people that did that...But you are you

Yes, I am me. And you'll ignore every and any example which doesn't fit your narrative because it's not " the NATIONAL LEADERS " of the movement, even though I'm QUOTED as having said that.

Tough. I stand by what I said. YOU show me where said leaders have denounced such violent protests, and I'll give you a brownie point. To date , I've not seen ANY SUCH THING. And yet, I have heard of them tweeting and commenting on cops have what's coming ot them, white folk have it comin' to them as well, though they'll deny ever having said it.

These race baiters are frauds and riot engineers. Nothing more. You want to buy into their lies and hatred, by means, be who you are then. I don't frelling care. It's ALL on you.

You mistake me for caring you stand by what you said....I know you do, it's not like I'd ever expect you to say you were wrong. I don't care at all, I just pointed out how you will say one thing then modify it to try to make a point.

I damn sure wouldn't think you'd ever support anything pro black. You reply back to me as if I'm trying to win you over or something

cole - what is something ' pro black ' even mean ?

I think he is referring to your propensity to disparage any and every black issue by focusing on the extremist elements that exist with all such distributions while ignoring the great majority.

A consistent pattern of such thinking reflects an anti-black attitude, which is the opposite of "pro-black". He could just as easily used the term "racist" but we all know what happens then, don't we?

cole - what is something ' pro black ' even mean ?

I think he is referring to your propensity to disparage any and every black issue by focusing on the extremist elements that exist with all such distributions while ignoring the great majority.

A consistent pattern of such thinking reflects an anti-black attitude, which is the opposite of "pro-black". He could just as easily used the term "racist" but we all know what happens then, don't we?

I reject the notion that such views as held by BLM reflect the great majority of blacks. I also deny the claim that I focus on just 'extremist elements ' of the BLM views. That things I posted are far close to how the base of those with in the so called movement feel. I think they are greatly misguided and do NOT speak for all blacks, most blacks.

It's not by any stretch being " anti -black ". There in lies the difference in how we see things.

http://www.nytimes.c...atter.html?_r=0

......The “Black Lives Matter” movement focuses on the fact that black citizens have long been far more likely than whites to die at the hands of the police, and is of a piece with this history. Demonstrators who chant the phrase are making the same declaration that voting rights and civil rights activists made a half-century ago. They are not asserting that black lives are more precious than white lives. They are underlining an indisputable fact — that the lives of black citizens in this country historically have not mattered, and have been discounted and devalued. People who are unacquainted with this history are understandably uncomfortable with the language of the movement. But politicians who know better and seek to strip this issue of its racial content and context are acting in bad faith. They are trying to cover up an unpleasant truth and asking the country to collude with them.

Just like cops.....bad apples portray a convenient target. There are those within the BLM movement who would love to see an open season on cops or whites. They have said as much using YouTube and otter social media outlets. Maybe these people are using BLM to advance their agenda?

Archived