New ESPN FPI - we dropped to 19th

gr82b4au

... with a 0% chance of winning out and only a .6 chance of winning the SEC championship.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/year/2015/key/20150910040000

Guess we will just have to prove them wrong.

Also it must be noted that Ole Miss has a 21% chance of winning the SEC - highest in the SEC. I actually predicted them to finish 2nd behind AU (because I am a homer) so I think they will be very good. Hopefully we beat them at home.

Shows you how much one game can tell you. If you look at their efficiencies chart, you will see that, according to it, Auburn is a defensive power and bama is a offensive power. One game, especially the first game, means nothing in any poll.

Yes, we're just going to have to prove them wrong. It's starts by beating a very good Jacksonville State team who, in my opinion is going to win the Ohio Valley Conference. They're that good. They are riding high after a very impressive and emotional win versus Chattanooga last Saturday. Auburn needs to be well prepared and focused if they want to take down this FCS juggernaut.

That means about as much to me as a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on

Yeah its pure computer based right? In that case I understand

So...who wrote the program?. Sounds like Ole Miss got lots of credit for scoring about 100 points last weekend.....against ?????

As noted....one week means basically nothing....unless they are willing to take bets on what that computer predicts...which I seriously doubt/

That means about as much to me as a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on

My thoughts exactly.

Seriously?

You BOTH thought about a painting of a whale and dolphin getting it on?

At least one publication yesterday had Ole Miss on it's 5 most overrated teams in week #2. fwiw, Ole Miss just lost a fairly important D lineman from a neck injury, word is for the season. Not sure I'm sold on OM depth either.

My thoughts exactly.

Seriously?

You didn't?

At least one publication yesterday had Ole Miss on it's 5 most overrated teams in week #2. fwiw, Ole Miss just lost a fairly important D lineman from a neck injury, word is for the season. Not sure I'm sold on OM depth either.

Aren't they still holding Tunsil out due to the NCAA investigation?

My thoughts exactly.

Seriously?

They merely thought about it. I bought one.

My thoughts exactly.

Seriously?

Why is that surprising? "Forbidden Blowholes" by Giovanni Goulet is a modern masterpiece! Its a breathtaking feast for the eyes and a searing indictment of gender norms, masculinity, Wall Street and Carl Rove.

My thoughts exactly.

Seriously?

Why is that surprising? "Forbidden Blowholes" by Giovanni Goulet is a modern masterpiece! Its a breathtaking feast for the eyes and a searing indictment of gender norms, masculinity, Wall Street and Carl Rove.

:laugh:

My thoughts exactly.

Seriously?

Googling it now.

At work.

Nothing risky in that, right?

Ole Miss' schedule sets up about as good as an SEC west schedule can this year. With 4 2016 first round draft picks, and that schedule, I can see why the odds look the way they do. If OM is EVER gonna win the SEC, this year might be their best shot. I don't think they beat UAT and AU both on the road, but if they split those, they could go to ATL.

Yes, O lineman Tunsil is being held out but nobody seems to know when/if he'll return for Ole Miss. Could still be out for their Sept. 19 game against Bama. In the mean time they're without one of their best O linemen. I was referring to the season ending neck injury to Gross who started 5 games for OM last season and played in virtually every game. Two of the oddest preseason situations IMO were all the media love for OM and the lack of love for aTm.

Ole Miss' schedule sets up about as good as an SEC west schedule can this year. With 4 2016 first round draft picks, and that schedule, I can see why the odds look the way they do. If OM is EVER gonna win the SEC, this year might be their best shot. I don't think they beat UAT and AU both on the road, but if they split those, they could go to ATL.

Yeah, I had them beating UA and us beating both (my homerish predictions). I agree with everything you said.

It's interesting to talk about, but in reality it's way too small a sample size to really have much validity at this point.

ESPN continues to publish their FPI rankings every week, but they usually add a disclaimer that it takes 4-5 weeks before the numbers become reliable.

It's interesting to talk about, but in reality it's way too small a sample size to really have much validity at this point.

ESPN continues to publish their FPI rankings every week, but they usually add a disclaimer that it takes 4-5 weeks before the numbers become reliable.

Even then, they won't be reliable, unless we have a very low threshold for what counts as reliability. Sure, if you take the team with the best FPI and match them up with the team with to worst, I think most of us would bet on that. But if you take two teams that are relatively close together, I don't think it would be smart for any of us to bet the farm on the FPI -- even after 5 weeks.

My thoughts exactly.

Seriously?

Googling it now.

At work.

Nothing risky in that, right?

Not unless you're afraid to feel something.

Archived