VT Cheap Shot Artists

aunavy

I lost all respect for the Hokies last night with the multiple late hits, slaps and shoves after each play. What were the refs thinking in letting that stuff happen. I was really pleased to see how well our guys handled the VT attempts to intimidate them. Shows our class and a total lack of class on their part.

WAR EAGLE! 2004 National Champions!!

Yeah, I thought Beamer ran a clean program.  I was very disappointed.  They looked like Miami out there.

135943[/snapback]

I am glad to know it just wasn't me being a Wuss. I mentioined the hits and the pokes several time and the VT fan I was watching the game with said "That is called football in the ACC"

What kind of statement is that?

"What kind of statement is that?" ......... A Cheap Shot!!!!

:lol::lol:

Yeah, Carnell got poked in the eye, then Mix who wears a shield complained about it. Mix also got slammed to the ground 4 yards out of bounds only to have the VT guy lunge at his face when Mix stands up.

I thought VT was better than that...

Jimmy Williams is a cheap shot, piece of trash if I've ever seen one, and I made sure I let them all know it on their message board. But this season is too good for me to waste anymore on the negative aspects of the other team...we are 13-0... WAR DAMN EAGLE

:au:

Oh cmon now, Auburn wasnt just standing there being angels...

I saw several times where the Auburn players were doing the same thing. The one that stood out in my mind the most was when a VT player was trying to help Cadillac up and Caddy shoved his arm out of the way, butted heads with him and looked like he said "Yall are a f*****ing joke!".

People get poked in the eyes, VT doesnt do that crap on purpose. That was a hard fought game with two of the most physical defenses in college football, it was bound to bring out the emotions of the teams. There were some huge hits in that game.

Heres a pic of that Eric Green hit btw, Mix (thats his name right?) was tugging his head down. At first I thought, like yall, that it was Green getting out of a hand, but it looks like he was provoked. Maybe Auburn hid it a little better, but they were doing the same thing throughout the night.

EG%20in%20SB.jpg

Well VT Hotrod, I am a VT grad so hopefully a little unbiased here. I was disappointed in the VT players cheap shots. Maybe that's caused by experience with the Miami guys. I would also ask you to look closer at the pic you post. Mix is simply stiff arming the guy which is perfectly normal. he isn't even looking at where his hand is so he is not likely doing anything intentional. Maybe it should be an unintentional face mask but not a personal foul.

For a more unbiased evidence, there is a thread on LSU Tiger Forum commenting about the dirty play by some of the VT guys and the class of the Auburn players. And I guarantee you, if LSU guys say anything positive about Auburn you can take it to the bank :D

A stiff arm is open palmed, it looks like hes getting his head tugged towards the ground.

VT had some cheap shots, but I think its stupid to say they were deliberately poking the Auburn players in the eyes. To even make the assumption that they were wearing visors because VT has a history of that, I just thought that was a bit over the top. I also saw somebody say a VT player was twisting Brown's ankle after the play. Im pretty sure I know what youre talking about, and there wasnt any twisting to it.

VT had their cheap shots, but Auburn had their fair share of them as well. This isnt sissy ball though, pushing and shoving is to be expected. But there wasnt any eye gouging or ankle twisting, I can guarantee that.

then why did our guys not wear visors all year until this game. As I recall every other game our guys didn't wear visors not even in the Ga Dome.

Hell I dont know, but it wasnt for eye gouging. I think somebody else said there are tiny pellets that are on field turf or something, and those get in peoples eyes, maybe thats why.

VT players dont eye gouge. Beamer has specific rules for players that commit personal fouls. They get up at 6:00 in the morning on the Wednesday after the game and do extensive drills for punishment.

Ive said it before, but VT won the ACC Sportsmanship award, and they did for a reason.

Hotrod....Pleaze, on AU's first drive when Carnell got Tackle around the 13 Yard Line....Two guys jumped on his back, one around his head....Explain why Carnell had to come out for a couple downs holding his Right Cheek and Eye....Because he got jabbed in the Eye.....That might be VT football (Pretty Sure it ain't), that kinda stuff doesn't fly around these parts....again, on nearly all the instances Jimmy Williams was in on it....I know he's a SR and his emotions were running high and all that.....But it happened again and again, and Coach B didn't do anything about it.....No one is saying anything about the apparent Spear from who else JW.......Don't know what I'm talkin' about watch the Second half more closely. Anyway 15-0 and counting, 2005 National Champs, 2004 SEC Champs, 3-0 and counting Iron Bowl Champs.......War "BY GOD" Eagle.

By Jimmy Williams, I think you mean Eric Green. Green was in on those cheap shots a lot. I dont remember seeing Williams getting into it too much. That "spear" you are talking about, was that the play Cadillac got rocked on the screen pass? Even the announcers wouldve brought that up if it were a spear, clean tackle to me if thats what youre talking about.

Im just saying Auburn was in on it also, wasnt just VT with the cheap shots. Several times I saw Auburn players pushing VT players back on their ass when they were trying to get up. At the same time, I saw a lot of times where players on each team were helping somebody from the other team up. I dont think the game was AS dirty as some are making it out to be. Yall obviously havent played Miami or FSU in awhile.

Explain why Carnell had to come out for a couple downs holding his Right Cheek and Eye

I know he was poked in the eye. I am 99.99999% sure it wasnt deliberate though. I dont have the video to see that particular play youre talking about, but that just doesnt happen at VT.

I too was dissapointed with how the VT players handled themselves during the game. I kept seeing late hits and stuff...and that #2 for them needs a talkin to.

It looked like we were playing miami. Total lack of class and discipline on behalf of the tech players all night.

I wish tuberville would run up the score on losers like that.

I really didn't have a problem with the take down on the picture above. My problem was when after the tackle that kid got up, rushed to Mix and jumped in his face and bowed up on him.

I saw players pushing each other, couple of times VT players did it right in front of the refs. I have no doubt some Auburn players did it also, and some of it probably came from frustration. Refs should have thrown one of those off-setting personal fouls and told everyone to settle down.

I did see McGlover helping people up all over the field though lol.

Any chippy play on either side could've been stopped very early on by the refs taking control. They never did.

I am disappointed to see the actions of 2 VT players used to make blanket statements about the whole squad. In no way am I justifying the actions, and many VT fans have had issues with Williams actions this year and last. Kid has a lot of talent but he's usually good for a 15 yarder every game.

From what I saw it was Green and Williams at fault. Don't use 2 players to judge the whole squad is all I would ask.

Any chippy play on either side could've been stopped very early on by the refs taking control.  They never did. 

I am disappointed to see the actions of 2 VT players used to make blanket statements about the whole squad.  In no way am I justifying the actions, and many VT fans have had issues with Williams actions this year and last.  Kid has a lot of talent but he's usually good for a 15 yarder every game.

From what I saw it was Green and Williams at fault.  Don't use 2 players to judge the whole squad is all I would ask.

136416[/snapback]

I agree with Jamie here....to a point. One or two players do not represent the entire team. However, Beamer should have taken the offenders aside and chewed their asses. Sit them down for a few plays at least. I think the lack of any response from the coaches is what sits poorly with us. We've all heard such great thinks about CFB that we expected a little more from him.

Beamer wasn't much better than the VT squad. He spent entirely too much time out on the field berating officials and some times just standing there. Seemed like every time out he would be out on the field, standing by himself staring over towards our sideline. What a goober.

Archived