VT Cheap Shot Artists

aunavy

I saw several times where the Auburn players were doing the same thing. The one that stood out in my mind the most was when a VT player was trying to help Cadillac up and Caddy shoved his arm out of the way, butted heads with him and looked like he said "Yall are a f*****ing joke!".

EG%20in%20SB.jpg

136112[/snapback]

Oh cmon now...first off, the angle on tv...you could've of possibly seen what Carnell said. 2nd, that was Carnells first touch on a ball SINCE he was jabbed in the eyes, so obviously he was pissed. He probably just told the VTech guy to f*off...y'all are cheap....kind of comment. Would you not have some type of wording like that when cheaply jabbed in the eye? 3rd, I saw no butting of heads at all....All I saw was a Vtech trying to help Carnell up and he pushed his hand away and stood up, and said a comment. But no butting of heads....

The camera had a straight angle on Carnell, I said thats what it looked like he was saying.

Would you not have some type of wording like that when cheaply jabbed in the eye?

To say he was cheaply jabbed in the eye implies that somebody intentionally poked him. No doubt he was poked in the eye, but there wasnt VT players out there trying to gouge Auburn players' eyes.

I think the lack of any response from the coaches is what sits poorly with us.

How do you know there wasnt any response? After the first half it looked like that crap stopped for the most part, aside from Green's late hit, and Mix had his hand wrapped around his facemask. I saw plenty of VT players, including Williams, helping up Auburn players.

Jimmy's been a problem over the last two years with personal fouls, Id expect it from him, even though hes only had a couple this year, but not Green. I didnt see any late hits or whatever from anybody else that I can remember, so I dont know why people are calling the entire team thugs.

I thought we were playing Bama at the end when we killed the clock. They showed Beamer on the jumbotron and reading his lips, he has taken pointers from Shula (or vice versa)

Look fellas, VT has played Bammer, LSWho, and USC in the last four years. AU was well prepared for what was to come. Visors were the order of the day. We have played all of these too. I occassionaly get on their boards. Even USC board was complaining about the eye gouging. This simply must be a standard for VT and Maimi. The LSU and Bammer board was particularly harsh about the eye gouging. At the time I was letting them know that they were just bad losers. NOW we really know what VT brings to the ACC.

I don't know where the ankle twisting came from but the players were complaining. Weren't Mix and Carnell complaining about late shots to the back of the head in the pile?

What gives with CTT going into a shell in the 4th. One day we are going to pay. VT had possibly two extra posessions as a result. A recipe for disaster.

Yeah, they were both complaining, but I think mix was complaining most about getting butt-raped after he had been out of bounds for like three yards

A team with a history of eye gouging doesnt win the ACC Sportsmanship award. ;)

That was a dirty game in the beginning, from BOTH teams, but it was nothing compared to what FSU and Miami have a history of doing. One FSU player sprained Michael Vick's ankle in a pile. In the 2000 Sugar Bowl youll see FSU players kicking VT players after the play. Miami players constantly tried gouging Vick's eyes. Even a UVa coach tried tripping a VT player that had intercepted a pass and was taking it back for a touchdown.

Think what yall want, but VT doesnt have a tradition of eye gouging or ankle twisting, and they arent starting one. The team is built around respect, and yall should know that as good of a coach that Beamer is, that he wouldnt allow stuff like that. I didnt see Tuberville sit anybody either, because again, it wasnt just VT.

And btw, why was the VT-Auburn series cancelled? It couldve been a good thing for us, because in a couple years we have to play LSU, FSU and Miami in the same season, all on the road. Playing Auburn as well, there would be potential for 4 or 5 top 10 teams in the schedule. :blink:

Hotrod, it was most certainly not a dirty game from both teams, just one team, yours. It's hard to keep your players from retaliating when their getting poked in the eye, shoved after every play and tackled late out of bounds. I know your not a team with a history of this, so I don't say much. But you can't try and say both teams were playing dirty when your just trying to justify it.

No im not trying to justify it, I know there were a couple of unnecessary hits from VT. Tt didnt go on all night though, and it didnt go on constantly, and yes, it was ALSO from some Auburn players.

Auburn was shoving VT after the play a lot, getting in their face, trash talkin(One of the AU corners was getting in peoples faces more than Jimmy Williams). Same thing that some of yall are complaining about the VT players about. I agree that VT was worse because of a couple late hits that shouldve been called, but that was about it. The rest I think was a game between two of the most physical, hard hitting defenses in the country going at it, emotions are bound to get going a little bit, atleast they got it under control in the 2nd half. But I dont believe for a second there was any ankle twisting or eye gouging going on.

Dont think im trying to justify any of it though. I love Jimmy Williams as a player, but unless he cuts off on the personal fouls(did really well this season, only had a couple), im not going to miss him too much when he leaves next season. Eric Green just played his last game, and after his late hits in this one game, it kind of tarnished my opinion of him, even though hes one of the most inspirational players on the team, being the first member of his family to graduate from college.

I thought we were playing Bama at the end when we killed the clock.  They showed Beamer on the jumbotron and reading his lips, he has taken pointers from Shula (or vice versa)

136693[/snapback]

Actually, I think Shula is getting a bad rap...

Everyone knows he's a big Bootsy Collins/Parliament/Sly & the Family Stone fan and all he's saying is "FUNK" :P:lol::big:

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the HUGE laugh.

little snot nosed puppy will be using more profanities in the year(not YEARS) to come. :D

Ahhh....Gotta' love the state of "football" at the smaller school in west al. :big:

I had more than 1 Alabama fan come up to me and comment on the dirty play of VT. These are folks that hate Auburn who were rooting for VT during the game. It was obvious to anyone watching the game(other than VT fans I guess).

It was obvious to anyone watching the game(other than VT fans I guess).

Huh? Have you even talked to any VT fans about it? Any sane VT fan will agree that the game was kind of dirty in the first half <_<

Archived