time for a junior college qb

Tiger Scout

they were so set on johnson they didn't even consider smith a contender

I hope they do now. Someone dynamic under center might light a fire under the team.

they were so set on johnson they didn't even consider smith a contender

Yep. Hard to blame them though. Time to re-think that.

The only thing the typical Juco QB brings is some actual game experience and a little maturity perhaps.

I guess if you are not going to give your younger QBs some actual game experience, then the Juco route is possible. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure that there are very few 4* or 5* HS kids who took the Juco route and are now waiting to be "re-discovered" . Why not take one or two of our younger QBs and give him some actual playing time against a major opponent every now and then.

Or.... maybe we could do like FSU and get a grad student who wanted to change schools.....several schools have done that in recent years.

Gus will not change QB's.

I bet he will after one more @ss woopn

Even though I think the defense is a bigger problem

Come on man. We leaned on the defense for 3 games while our offense floundered around trying to find an identity. In fact, the defense has suffered several injuries trying to fight for Auburn. Sure we gave up 400yds rushing, but again our offense was held to 10 possessions and 2 turnovers, keeping the defense on the field.

The only thing the typical Juco QB brings is some actual game experience and a little maturity perhaps.

I guess if you are not going to give your younger QBs some actual game experience, then the Juco route is possible. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure that there are very few 4* or 5* HS kids who took the Juco route and are now waiting to be "re-discovered" . Why not take one or two of our younger QBs and give him some actual playing time against a major opponent every now and then.

Or.... maybe we could do like FSU and get a grad student who wanted to change schools.....several schools have done that in recent years.

Hey, I'm just saying what we need is a JUCO QB that was kicked off an SEC East team.

Juco QBs are not the recipe for success. Sometimes special talents end up there but largely there are just as many busts as there are Nick Marshall's or Cam Newton's. Yall's line of thinking is that Chad Kelly's JC experience is the reason for Ole Miss's success. It's not. Grayson Lambert was successful last night and he wasn't a JC transfer,; he was a 5th year transfer. Heck there are plenty that are successful right out of high school. JJ isn't but that doesn't mean our system can only use JC QBs. Not every JC QB is Cam Newton or Nick Marshall and that is the bottom line.

Come on man. We leaned on the defense for 3 games while our offense floundered around trying to find an identity. In fact, the defense has suffered several injuries trying to fight for Auburn. Sure we gave up 400yds rushing, but again our offense was held to 10 possessions and 2 turnovers, keeping the defense on the field.

the first play of the game............

the first play of the game............

Let's be honest...that first play was plain unlucky. Our guy with a perfect angle was picked by the official. I know the thing to do right now is pile on each and every element of our team, but that play was as much a stroke of bad luck as it was bad D.

A4ever..I tend to agree with you as Gus "believes" for some reason that JJ will "get better" and his stubbornness will prevail. The o ne thing CGM has that most of us never had is a contract. Contracts allow coaches, once they get to this level, to ignore the obvious sometimes. It's true about JJ; he just has neither quickness nor speed.

Archived