Coaching and fans

auburnatl1

I wish cgm hadn't deified JJ and called cwm the greatest defensive mind on the planet. Then when it matters after a blowout loss I wish he'd say...... something useful besides one liner coach-speak. He has a knack of saying too much then too little.

That being said I'm nervous after 3 games and a frustrating ending to last year, the lynch mob seems to be rumbling again. Maybe our wild inconsistency year after year has made our fan base .... edgy. But dear lord.

I get that I feel bad so want the coaches to catch hell and feel even worse. But to the outside world, and recruits, the current noise and saber rattling of many posts is too much. Too often. From jetgate to now has been over 10 years of total soap opera adventure. How much of it is coaching and how much it our fan culture I don't know. But holy smokes this web site has a three year euphoria-to-head hunting pattern more predictable than the tides.

Most a year ago wanted churches named after cgm. Sainthood doesn't seem to last long with us.

This is true adversity. Whining for the world to see this early is destructive and won't fix squat. Let's drink some decaf, suck it up, and see how this plays out.

Just me 2 cents.

No disrespect, just adding my opinion as you have, but we've seen how this plays out too many times before, most notably 2012. Why watch a movie again when I know how it ends? Unless it stars Jesica Biel I'm not interested. And there is no Jessica Biel on the 2015 Auburn Tigers.

No disrespect, just adding my opinion as you have, but we've seen how this plays out too many times before, most notably 2012. Why watch a movie again when I know how it ends? Unless it stars Jesica Biel I'm not interested. And there is no Jessica Biel on the 2015 Auburn Tigers.

"Why watch a movie again when I know how it ends?"

The plot of the movie seems to replacing head coaches after just a few years removed from an SEC championship. (2004 to 2008, 2010 to 2012, and 2013 to ????)

The side plot of the movie is to change defensive coaches even more frequently.

I believe it's difficult to just 'suck it up' after watching such an uninspired and poor performance (2 weeks in a row). I understand getting beat. I understand growing pains when there are staff changes and freshman are seeing a good deal of playing time. But I fail to understand how Auburn can look so uninspired and so unprepared. That's why most are voicing their concerns and very rightly so.

For me it's not just a loss or even uninspired play that seems to have most fans upset. Those are both the big glaring issues but it's deeper than that. I don't want to change the staff. I want the staff to change. They need to call it what it is and if a player isn't cutting it then at least try something. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

For me it's not just a loss or even uninspired play that seems to have most fans upset. Those are both the big glaring issues but it's deeper than that. I don't want to change the staff. I want the staff to change. They need to call it what it is and if a player isn't cutting it then at least try something. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

+1

I don't like losing...but when I do...I like it to be competitive. I don't see other sec teams not named vandy get waxed so often by their competition.

"I don't like losing and falling short of expectations……..but when I do…….I like to come back the next year, win the conference and play for the national title" :hellyeah:

It does get frustrating when year after year we have a top 10 recruiting class and yet we just never seem to develop players to their full potential. Is it easy to point the finger at JJ? Of course it is but the coaches are not playing to his strengths either. Whether he likes to run or not, anytime you have a QB who is 6'5" 240 there shouldn't be a problem in getting yards/results.

None of us have the answers, in fact, I don't think we even know the questions at this point. But there is one thing I do know. We just can't keep hitting the reset button on coaches and expect any kind of continuity in our success.

I swear we have schizo fans. People wanted Nick out and JJ, now Sean over JJ. They were worried that Rhett might leave for a HC job but now he sucks, they want Jovon to get more carries over Peyton, wanted Bobby Petrino over Gus, now want him out.

It's not looking good but we sound crazy.

None of us have the answers, in fact, I don't think we even know the questions at this point. But there is one thing I do know. We just can't keep hitting the reset button and expect any kind of continuity in our success.

Well said....War Eagle.

None of us have the answers, in fact, I don't think we even know the questions at this point. But there is one thing I do know. We just can't keep hitting the reset button and expect any kind of continuity in our success.

Somebody gets it. I'm as unhappy as anyone with the product we've seen on the field but we will never win squat if we are in a perpetual state of rebuilding.

THANK YOU!!!

Anyone that has coached at all understands that if the QB isn't getting it done you give someone else a chance. Coming into this season JJ had one more start than White as a college QB. Gus and RL have their heads in the sand. Team chemistry? That is up to the coaching staff. I can tell you bama's coaching staff doesn't treat their players with kid gloves. We are supposed to be coaching and making men out of boys. Take the kid gloves off and let the ones that stick and play their butts off play the rest can watch or go home. No matter how much talent you have if you don't play hard you should be allowed to play.

Attitude is the easiest disease to spread. Especially bad attitudes.

I swear we have schizo fans. People wanted Nick out and JJ, now Sean over JJ. They were worried that Rhett might leave for a HC job but now he sucks, they want Jovon to get more carries over Peyton, wanted Bobby Petrino over Gus, now want him out.

It's not looking good but we sound crazy.

Anyone that has coached at all understands that if the QB isn't getting it done you give someone else a chance. Coming into this season JJ had one more start than White as a college QB. Gus and RL have their heads in the sand. Team chemistry? That is up to the coaching staff. I can tell you bama's coaching staff doesn't treat their players with kid gloves. We are supposed to be coaching and making men out of boys. Take the kid gloves off and let the ones that stick and play their butts off play the rest can watch or go home. No matter how much talent you have if you don't play hard you should be allowed to play.

Attitude is the easiest disease to spread. Especially bad attitudes.

^This^

Archived