OK, now what changes for the defensive side?

tigerman1186

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Frost is benched. He's not happy at all with the LB play. He ripped into the players after the LSU game and said he just doesn't understand how people are not position to make a play and don't want to try... Something along those lines. I wouldn't be suprised to see a lot of new faces.

When is the candlelight vigil set for Frost?

Right! What kind of loser would feel bad for a guy getting benched. I mean it happens all the time and pity from strangers on a message board will only make these guys weak. (Sarcasm)

Cry after sex, Owning a pair of skinny jeans, The notebook is your favorite film, You received participation trophy's then brag about them and you feel bad when a player who under performs is benched.

People need to man up. Lets start becoming more invested in the team than the individual players. This is Auburn Football.

Amen brother!

Love, compassion, sympathy, charity? What the hell kind of world would that make for?

No one says you cant have that but their is another person behind the poor performing player waiting for his shot.

I don't know what changes will be made but I have a gut feeling Boom will have different starters out there at a couple positions. I guess we'll get some info on that at his presser today. The defense is going to have to step it up and do their part in supporting SW as the new starter.

We have to have outside containment forcing the ball inside with LBs/Ss filling the proper lanes or Dak Prescott will have a field day. The same goes for the inside lanes to counter the power run option and the QB draws. They have to be disciplined in their gap assignment. Boom knows that of course and I think he will put the best guys out there that will do it, no matter what class they are in. Stop Dak Prescott and it's an AU win.

I think Frost is best suited in Nickel, but right now he needs to act like every game is his last and he needs to overcome his poor positioning and NOW.

Cass has all the tools but between the ears (in a football sense) he misses sometimes. I'd like to see him as a pass rusher some but we will see...the depth at LB isn't great.

Add Kansas State to that list too. He dominated that game.

Also, auskip, why care about people when you can cheer for laundry!! Amirite?

Or why cheer at all? lets just get online and cry?

There will be no vigil for Frost if he gets benched. The guy has been a large role player for 4 years and never made it happen.

Completely agree. I think Cassanova is too talented to bench. But Frost has seen his time and has never been an impact player.

While Frost has been inconsistent, you can't say he has never been an impact player. I know Johnny Football would disagree with you... so would Laquon Treadwell. There's 2 games we wouldn't have won without him.

THANK YOU!

agree...and curious that Cas seems to get a pass when he runs himself out of position or whiffs on a tackle. His play against LSU was right in line with the rest of the team and if I recall, he missed some major tackles that enabled olde #7 to rack up some big yards.

Hoping both guys are in better position....and that someone is spying on Dak all night.

The offense needs to get first downs and give the defense some rest. Defense has been on the field way too much this season....they stood no chance in Baton Rogue....the offense did nothing...no rhythm and too many 3 and outs

Add Kansas State to that list too. He dominated that game.

Also, auskip, why care about people when you can cheer for laundry!! Amirite?

Or why cheer at all? lets just get online and cry?

I like this guy.

The offense needs to get first downs and give the defense some rest. Defense has been on the field way too much this season....they stood no chance in Baton Rogue....the offense did nothing...no rhythm and too many 3 and outs

Yes, it all goes hand in hand. The offense has to step it up and do their part to help out SW just as much as the defense. Move the chains.

The problem I've witnessed over the past few years is heart. We lack heart when we get punched in the mouth. I believe we have the talent at every position to compete at a high level in the SEC. What I don't see is the will to win. I don't see defenders fighting off of blocks to make the tackle. I don't see players sacrificing their body to make a tackle. We are reaching with arms. I don't see an attitude of "not today." I don't see an attitude of "I will make the play." I do however see guys who are looking to someone else to make a play. Every person in our 2 deep was highly recruited. This is an atmosphere of complacency that needs to change. Personnel is what it is. We have players. All of those guys can do it. The question is who's willing to run through a brick wall to get it done?

The problem I've witnessed over the past few years is heart. We lack heart when we get punched in the mouth. I believe we have the talent at every position to compete at a high level in the SEC. What I don't see is the will to win. I don't see defenders fighting off of blocks to make the tackle. I don't see players sacrificing their body to make a tackle. We are reaching with arms. I don't see an attitude of "not today." I don't see an attitude of "I will make the play." I do however see guys who are looking to someone else to make a play. Every person in our 2 deep was highly recruited. This is an atmosphere of complacency that needs to change. Personnel is what it is. We have players. All of those guys can do it. The question is who's willing to run through a brick wall to get it done?

Attitude reflects leadership.

I completely agree.

I agree totally with lack of heart. Even back in the days when AU was not very good you knew they would fight and not give up. I don't really see that with this team. They desperately need some team leaders. I think Carl was one on defense but with him out someone needs to step up. On offense itches usually the QB. I believe Cam willed us to win in several of the games in 2010. I am hoping someone steps up on offense too. War Eagle and I will be there Sat night to cheer them on.

Put the meanest and biggest guy over the center and put adams, lawerence and russell inside between guard tackle hole. Cowert, kennison, and mckinsey are strong side ends. Frost is weak side. Holland and williams middle linebackers. The play cant be any worse

This IMHO is the way to go. I think we will see a spitting mad defense that will surprise DAK & company in a very bad way. I have never lost faith in Boom and am with him for the long haul. He is a super DC, and I am most proud to have him as our DC.

The offense will come around and will start playing like they did in 2013 & parts of 2014.

Ok, in all seriousness. To be fair to our defense, it was 120 degrees on that field and the offense kept them on the field the WHOLE FREAKING GAME. lol. Also yesterday on ESPN they were talking about why the NFL should change their 2 year rule to prevent freaks like LF and Cam from making the rest of the NCAA look worthless.

Ok, in all seriousness. To be fair to our defense, it was 120 degrees on that field and the offense kept them on the field the WHOLE FREAKING GAME. lol. Also yesterday on ESPN they were talking about why the NFL should change their 2 year rule to prevent freaks like LF and Cam from making the rest of the NCAA look worthless.

I take your point but actually, there was a 7:13 difference in time of possession.

33:37- LSU

26:23- AU

I take your point but actually, there was a 7:13 difference in time of possession.

33:37- LSU

26:23- AU

It seemed so much worse. Lol. I bet the second half made the TOP look a lot better than it really was.

Ok let me change my comment. It was 120 degrees on the field, it probably smelled like musty corndogs, and the Auburn defense was on the field THE WHOLE FIRST HALF. By quarter 3 they were probably sick to their stomachs.

Sounds like Frost is benched. He's not happy at all with the LB play. He ripped into the players after the LSU game and said he just doesn't understand how people are not position to make a play and don't want to try... Something along those lines. I wouldn't be suprised to see a lot of new faces.

When is the candlelight vigil set for Frost?

Right! What kind of loser would feel bad for a guy getting benched. I mean it happens all the time and pity from strangers on a message board will only make these guys weak. (Sarcasm)

Cry after sex, Owning a pair of skinny jeans, The notebook is your favorite film, You received participation trophy's then brag about them and you feel bad when a player who under performs is benched.

People need to man up. Lets start becoming more invested in the team than the individual players. This is Auburn Football.

Amen brother!

Love, compassion, sympathy, charity? What the hell kind of world would that make for?

"So shines a good deed in a weary world"Willy Wonka

Ok let me change my comment. It was 120 degrees on the field, it probably smelled like musty corndogs, and the Auburn defense was on the field THE WHOLE FIRST HALF. By quarter 3 they were probably sick to their stomachs.

First play 70+ yards.

Why?

Arm tackling & settling for being blocked out of the play.

That had nothing to do with time of possession or temperature.

Put the meanest and biggest guy over the center and put adams, lawerence and russell inside between guard tackle hole. Cowert, kennison, and mckinsey are strong side ends. Frost is weak side. Holland and williams middle linebackers. The play cant be any worse

This IMHO is the way to go. I think we will see a spitting mad defense that will surprise DAK & company in a very bad way. I have never lost faith in Boom and am with him for the long haul. He is a super DC, and I am most proud to have him as our DC.

The offense will come around and will start playing like they did in 2013 & parts of 2014.

I was not expecting Muschamp to trot out something like the 2004 defense this season, and I'm not disappointed that he hasn't. That said, Jax State was held under 20 despite JSU having a time of possession advantage greater than 10 minutes. The first half defense against Louisville was also solid. I don't think the defense surrenders 400+ rushing yards and 45 points to LSU if they hadn't spent almost the entire first half on the field. 2014's defense struggled to hold any offense with a pulse under 30 (rarely succeeding), and it seemed like the secondary was perpetually out of position in pass coverage. Pass coverage has definitely looked consistently better this year.

This defense is struggling with a combination of injuries and inept offense keeping them on the field. I also suspect Muschamp is more concerned with developing the young players than trying to correct the upperclassmen. If the offense was performing anything like it was expected to, I think the conversation about defense is generally better. People grew accustomed to Auburn still being able to win with a defense they considered nonexistent, due to offensive success. I think the defense is better than last year's, but it's still a way off from being able to win games when the offense struggles to put up 20 points.

The offense can help the defense. Has been for most of the last 6 years. Desperately needs to again. But it is impossible to think the offense had any part in sucking the first two possessions lsu scored. The first two possessions of offense actually moved the ball pretty well till JJ made mistakes that ended them after picking up multiple first downs on both drives. We have no strengths on defense. I think LB is still our weakest level.

Yes the offensive problems doesn't do any favors for the D, but they have to get off the field on 3rd downs mroe often. I think the best change would be in the blitz packages. I look for Muschamp to dial some good ones up.

Always things to blame when a team is struggling...I think some are missing how young and raw AU is in some areas. A lot of first time starters and freshmen in the two deep. Sometimes a team needs to get knocked down to learn to get back up. I am curious to see what the team can do with some offensive consistency, as well as how they respond to losing like they did this past weekend. AU knocked a young, inexperienced LSU team down last year. This year they returned the favor. I think there is fight, but leadership is definitely needed.

Archived