Virus protection (for my PC)

sevenDs

I've been using McAfee for my virus protection, but am not pleased with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives? I just installed SP2 on my computer and am using the firewall from Microsoft, but am open to firewall and virus scan programs.

Well, I always recommend Norton Anti-Virus. It's always been at the top of the list and hasn't had near the trouble Mcafee has had with having to publically admit their software missed viruses.

I refuse to install Mcafee, period.

Had Norton and hated it! Customer service was horrible because I could never get a live person to help me. I then went to McAfee and I loved it! It even caught possibly unwanted programs like spyware. Our IT guys actually swear by McAfee and were pissed when the company would not renew the license with them and went with a cheaper anti-virus program. I actually now use a program called F-Secure. Since I have the 3 Meg service with Charter, the provide it free of charge to me. I can tell you it is best program I have ever used. It provides an awesome virus protection service and a great firewall. It actually tells me when there is an inbound probe and it gives the type and remote IP address of the probe). It also tells me when a program is trying to dial out from my computer and gives me the option to allow it if one of my regular programs is checking for updates or to deny it if is spyware trying to dial out. I rarely get spyware anymore because the anti-virus/spyware/firewall software keeps alot of it from coming in.

Archived