Spurrier retiring

Maverick.AU

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So long, Ole ball coach. Thanks for the memories.

Now fire Corso and bring him in, Gameday.

So long, Ole ball coach. Thanks for the memories.

Now fire Corso and bring him in, Gameday.

Guess he realized this year was mostly going no where...but I live in the USCe fan base area and I can tell you that nobody saw this coming.

Nice weather predicted for this week.....still has some time for some serous golf in the best golfing time of the year in this area.

I will miss the Ole ball coach. I was rooting for him to win SEC with SC if we didn't win. I wish they could have had their best team in a different year than 2010. However you know his next goal below that was to beat Auburn. He wanted that bad. We had his number there. I think last year's game was the last hoorah for him. He was vintage Spurrier like I have ever seen him before. It darn near worked. May the links be kind to you sir.

Sad day for all college football fans. Spurrier was an original and in this day of coachspeak, he was always willing to speak his mind. I hope he isn't having health problems.

best thing to ever happen to USCe was getting him as coach

One of the worst programs out there before he took them over. Hate the Coots but enjoyed his spunk....and them beating spUAt in 2010.

A great coach. I wish he was leaving on a higher note.

Sucks for USCe. It's back to being Vandy-II.

Where o where are they gonna find a replacement? Gonna miss ya Rhett. >:D

I hope he isn't having health problems.

I have been wondering about this. Hopefully it is not the case.

I have always enjoyed watching him over the years. One of the best coaches ever in the SEC. I hope he hits the links every chance he gets. May God be with him always.

You heard it first from the Doc. Look for USC to name Mark Hudspeth as the new coach at seasons end. This man can coach, and will probably do a better job than Spurrier in the long term.

I'd hire Chad Morris or the Coach from Memphis. Chad already has strong recruiting ties in the Carolinas and would make that rivalry red hot.

You heard it first from the Doc. Look for USC to name Mark Hudspeth as the new coach at seasons end. This man can coach, and will probably do a better job than Spurrier in the long term.

bullcrap. Me and Cole both has said that at least twice since the season started. I went to Coach Hudspeth's football camp three years in a row. With that said, how does a NC man like yourself know about Hudspeth?

Archived