Play calling 4 OT

TigerOne

Barber was unstoppable in the other 3, Seemed a bit desperate going for the endzone instead of the first down.

I dont know..this is a heartbreaker

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The play calling was horrible but if Ricardo catches the damn ball, it doesn't matter

Play calling was OK IMO, with reasonable execution, they would be playing OT#5.

It wasn't on playcalling. The team didn't make the plays necessary to end this game on offense and defense. That is the bottom line. I am grateful for the hard play of some of the players though. At this point, I am ready to see what more young guys can do quite honestly.

But I thought people wanted the offense to pass more? The issue was not play calling...it was execution...

true.. the team didn't quit fought hard

Playcalling was the same subpar playcalling as it's always been all season long. They were just playing a BAD football team for the second week in a row. The execution was downright wretched.

First down kept us alive. We didn't go for that. We try to get it in the endzone three straight plays. It would be advisable to extend the playing time with two downs to get a first. JMO

But I thought people wanted the offense to pass more? The issue was not play calling...it was execution...

You make a valid point, and I can't argue. The problem is why is our execution so poor? It's so inconsistent. I watched D players quit on plays. I watched WR that absolutely look like crap. Why? Deadwood on the team? Staff? That's what we need to get down to. Why is the execution pitiful..because it is. And while it's easy for me to get on the players, I always find myself looking at coaching..then at players, then back at coaches. Right now, we just don't have a good chemistry going. We need to get rid of some dead wood. I just don't know where or what that deadwood is.

Actually the play calling was very good in this game for the most part. Proud that the team fought to the end.

Left probably three td's on the field due to not executing.

The D had chance after chance to end the game and didnt do it once. Imo thats why we got the L. Heartbreaking? Maybe for the players but not for me. It was an exciting game but even a W wasnt anything to hang your hat on. Still a terrible D even if we win. The whale acted as if he won a big game...hardly.

You make a valid point, and I can't argue. The problem is why is our execution so poor? It's so inconsistent. I watched D players quit on plays. I watched WR that absolutely look like crap. Why? Deadwood on the team? Staff? That's what we need to get down to. Why is the execution pitiful..because it is. And while it's easy for me to get on the players, I always find myself looking at coaching..then at players, then back at coaches. Right now, we just don't have a good chemistry going. We need to get rid of some dead wood. I just don't know where or what that deadwood is.

Like CWM has been preaching...We need a culture change big time. It is a little disheartening because Gus recruited most of these players on his side, but the defense honestly just lack football IQ. I really don't understand why is it so hard to contain the edge on a sweep. I don't understand why our offense doesn't do the little things such as when Barber is fighting for an extra yard, the O-line continue to push the pile. Heck even with 1 minute left in the game and the call that was reversed by the officials...the team is just standing there looking at the ball. In situations like that, I thought you were taught to always go for the ball unless you hear a whistle. I am happy that they fought through some adversity and I am particularly encouraged by Sean White and Carlton Davis. This is great experience for them.

Like CWM has been preaching...We need a culture change big time. It is a little disheartening because Gus recruited most of these players on his side, but the defense honestly just lack football IQ. I really don't understand why is it so hard to contain the edge on a sweep. I don't understand why our offense doesn't do the little things such as when Barber is fighting for your, the O-line continue to push the pile. Heck even with 1 minute left in the game and the call that was reversed by the officials...the team is just standing there looking at the ball. In situations like that, I thought you were taught to always go for the ball unless you hear a whistle. I am happy that they fought through some adversity and I am particularly encouraged by Sean White and Carlton Davis. This is great experience for them.

People have to realize, like you said, we have players on D who dont get it, havent gotten it for a long time, and arent gonna get it. Doesnt matter who the coach is. The coach cant play for them. Unfortunately this D will not improve until some players are gone.

Ran him on first and he got 1 yard. Ricardo had a TD on 2nd dropped. Third down was questionable. 4th down was a first down dropped by Ricardo again. Don't see how that was horrible play calling. Two plays there for the making that worked exactly as intended. Players have to do their jobs.

Louis dropped a touchdown... That's was a pretty decent call. Louis dropped a first down on fourth and long... That was a pretty decent call, too.

Ran him on first and he got 1 yard. Ricardo had a TD on 2nd dropped. Third down was questionable. 4th down was a first down dropped by Ricardo again. Don't see how that was horrible play calling. Two plays there for the making that worked exactly as intended. Players have to do their jobs.

My thoughts precisely. However, even on the third down, it was still a 50/50 ball in one on one coverage. Have to catch those balls.

The play calling was better on second and third downs, But the play calling on first was horrible, it was so predictable, go back and count the amount of times we ran on first versus throwing the ball. Every DC in the conference can watch this game and conclude we will run on first about 90% of the time. It is almost like who ever is calling the game is locked on to one play and not budging.

Archived