Trent Mummey Opines

RunInRed

What's interesting is you hear a lot about why the athletic dept wanted to fire Sonny, but you don't hear a lot from the players that are particularly bad about Golloway. Personally, I thought most of the things he got in trouble for were pretty ticky tack and I was a fan of him to stay on board. Program was moving in right direction.

What's interesting is you hear a lot about why the athletic dept wanted to fire Sonny, but you don't hear a lot from the players that are particularly bad about Golloway. Personally, I thought most of the things he got in trouble for were pretty ticky tack and I was a fan of him to stay on board. Program was moving in right direction.

You'll never hear anything from the players, one way or the other. They have nothing to gain by taking a side and have probably been instructed to keep their thoughts to themselves on social media. What you may recall from people on here who are close to the program is that Sonny caused a lot of tension and never really clicked, personality wise. Auburn isn't, and hopefully will never be, a school that puts up with abrasive behavior in the name of winning like certain other schools in the state.

Yea, the stuff he got pinged for was no big deal, but it was enough to void his contract which was all they needed after they decided he needed to go. I know from experience, if you have a target on your back, whether you deserve it or not, you better not do anything that can even be perceived as "wrong" or it will come back to haunt you.

Archived