NHL 2015-2016 season discussions

InfernoOrangeSS

Nice to see we have quite a few hockey fans here that actually follow the sport and aren't just casual fans.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After discussing a few of the hated players, I'll list a few that I think are the best since I began following the nhl in the mid 90s. Sergei Federov, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Patrick Roy, Dominic Hasek, and Marty Broduer just to name a few. Some of the more recent greats (jagr could probably still be on the list) Claude Giroux, Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, Evgeni Malkin, ...etc

And, my favorite flyers line of all time, probably because it's the era when I first started watching, is the Legion of Doom (LeClair - my favorite, Renberg, and Lindros).

What no one hate my Devils?????? ;)/>

Rangers fan here, chiming in with my dislike for the Devils.

Thank you and back at you on dislike of Rangers

What no one hate my Devils?????? ;)

Not really. I hated Kovalchuk because he was such a floater and only played to score. Never seemed to help on defense. As a team, I've never thought of them in the (sports)hate category.

The primary reason I hate washington is I can't stand Ovechkin. He's not nearly as good as they make him out to be and he only cares about putting up numbers. He retreats all the time when it comes to defense. Great players embrace being a complete player and Ovechkin doesn't do that. I hate ovechkin.

Was just kidding no reason to hate them now. Not very good and no I am no fan of Kovalchuk . I became a fan back in Martin Brodeur rookie year. He was one of the best

Forgot about the Devils. Not a fan of theirs either and definitely not a fan of Brodeur.

My favorite current goalie outside the Flyers organization is Pekka Rinne. I love watching him play. Nashville is coached by former Flyers coach Peter Laviolette. I was not happy when the Flyers made that coaching change 3 games into the season 2 years ago. I like Hakstol but we would have been better off to let Laviolette stay, IMO. Of course, I'm still pissed off that we fired Terry Murray years and years ago. I thought that was a horrible mistake then and I still do. :lol:

Figured you would be a Devil hater but hating on Marty >:( >:(

I was living in NJ back in 93/94 when I was presented in 3rd grade whether or not I was a Rangers or Devils fan. Similar to an out of stater to Alabama when asked who they pull for.

My dad was a Rangers fan, so naturally I followed his influence.

I was living in NJ back in 93/94 when I was presented in 3rd grade whether or not I was a Rangers or Devils fan. Similar to an out of stater to Alabama when asked who they pull for.

My dad was a Rangers fan, so naturally I followed his influence.

You were a good little boy :hellyeah:

Flyers just won and secured the final playoff spot.

The Flyers are in. Defeating the hated penguins 3-1 and secure the final playoff spot. Bye bye boston. :lol:

What no one hate my Devils?????? ;)

Not really. I hated Kovalchuk because he was such a floater and only played to score. Never seemed to help on defense. As a team, I've never thought of them in the (sports)hate category.

The primary reason I hate washington is I can't stand Ovechkin. He's not nearly as good as they make him out to be and he only cares about putting up numbers. He retreats all the time when it comes to defense. Great players embrace being a complete player and Ovechkin doesn't do that. I hate ovechkin.

Was just kidding no reason to hate them now. Not very good and no I am no fan of Kovalchuk . I became a fan back in Martin Brodeur rookie year. He was one of the best

Forgot about the Devils. Not a fan of theirs either and definitely not a fan of Brodeur.

My favorite current goalie outside the Flyers organization is Pekka Rinne. I love watching him play. Nashville is coached by former Flyers coach Peter Laviolette. I was not happy when the Flyers made that coaching change 3 games into the season 2 years ago. I like Hakstol but we would have been better off to let Laviolette stay, IMO. Of course, I'm still pissed off that we fired Terry Murray years and years ago. I thought that was a horrible mistake then and I still do. :lol:

Figured you would be a Devil hater but hating on Marty >:( >:(

not really a devil hater just indifferent. Definitely NOT a fan of Brodeur.

We play the Capitals in the first round and split the regular season with them. That's a winnable series for the Flyers

Well, I hope the Bruins make some needed changes. 2 straight years out of the playoffs now.

I just hope they don't do something stupid like fire Julien.

I just read on ESPN that Datsyuk is considering retirement from the wings/NHL. :-(

Mason had a good first period. Hope he keeps it up

• 2 weeks later...

Flyers playing game 6 today, hoping to force a game 7. Flyers play at 11 AM, Softball is at 4 so I can watch both in their entirety.

The flyers, Kings and wings are eliminated now. Neuvirth played great in relief of mason. I think philly has a solid foundation moving forward.

Guess I'll cheer for the hawks.

Lightning fan here... Figured I could have counted on Golf to be one too... Oh well. Glad to see the bolts make it out of the first round without Anton and Steven. Nice to see Johnson step it up along side Kucherov. Also feel like Bishop might be the best Goalie in the playoffs.

Lightning fan here... Figured I could have counted on Golf to be one too... Oh well. Glad to see the bolts make it out of the first round without Anton and Steven. Nice to see Johnson step it up along side Kucherov. Also feel like Bishop might be the best Goalie in the playoffs.

Sorry........ :no: never have like the Lightning no reason just always been a Devils fan forever. Also how bout them Solar Bears

Man I miss going to Solar Bear games. What a childhood...

Still have my original solar bears cap from the first time they were here. Didn't make the playoffs this year. Oh well

Archived