Must read...

WarEagleATL

eh, he's right

plain and simple, the thing that "killed" us in the polls, is tuberville's inability to score touchdowns late in the game.

eh, he's right

plain and simple, the thing that "killed" us in the polls, is tuberville's inability to score touchdowns late in the game.

137464[/snapback]

If AU had beat VaTech 45 - 0 there would still have not been enough AP voters to push our Tigers ahead of USC. I hate it as much as anyone, but nothing would have changed.

IF we had beaten TN uat AND va tech by 40 plus, we woulsd still have played in New Orleans.

Just the facts.

p.s. WHO cares? WE ARE CHAMPIONS ! ! ! :au:

I was polite but I zipped him a good argument. I respect Greg Cote's opinion's, I have listened to him when he was a guest on ESPN radio. But, he has a couple facts wrong in this article.

Here is my response to his article...

Hey Gregory,

Funny how you skipped the "true" SOS measured by the NCAA. You know, the one that has Auburn's SOS ranked higher than USC. Of course you might be a Jeff Sagarin fan, right? He's the one who ranked Auburn's SOS about 90 all year. He also has three Division IAA teams ranked higher than half of the PAC 10 conference....LOL

You boobs always point to our OOC schedule to cover up the weak Pac 10 schedule.

It's no wonder USC has dominated the PAC 10 the last 3 years.

USC's conference SOS:

2002: .559

2003: .490

2004: .489

Auburn's conference SOS:

2002: .577

2003: .586

2004: .557

Over the past three years, USC has faced three conference opponents with 10-wins. Auburn has faced off with nine.

Over the past three years, USC has faced off with nine conference opponents with 9-wins. Auburn has faced off with fourteen.

Over the last three years, the SEC has four teams in the top twenty in regards to overall win pct. The Pac 10 has ONE.

This is why the Southern CAL fans  focus on Auburn's OOC because they want to hide the fact that their conference is a joke. Yes, Auburn played a weak OOC but 75% of our games were in conference. The PAC 10's overall win pct. has dropped every year since 2002 while USC becomes stronger. It's no wonder they cake-walk to a conference title. Since 1992, the SEC has provided the college football world with five different teams with 12-wins or more. Three of those teams have won the MNC and Auburn & UGA have won 13-games. Name me one other conference that can say the same...

Hey, USC won the popularity vote but it doesn't mean they're the best team on the field. If you actually think that USC is actually 55-19 better than Oklahoma, you are sadly mistaken. Are they the better team? YES but not that good. If they were that good, what the heck was OU doing in the Orange Bowl to start with? Please don't tell me you were one of the AP voters, who would matchup OU with such a powerful team. If they were that good, how do you explain a 3-point win over a 4-7 Stanford team. How about a five-point win over a 6-6 UCLA team? California had 28 firstdowns to the Trojans 12 and outgained them by over 200-yards. It's funny how you forgot about these ball games. Of course, they don't count anymore because the bowl games finally became a "cumulative final" in the eye's of many voters.

For the record, I have no problem with USC winning the BCS or AP because they have a fine team and I cannot honestly say that Auburn is the better team. My issue is with fans or writers who have suddenly anointed USC as the best team in the country, hands down. The fact that USC and Auburn are 13-0 indicates that neither team has a loss, so we truly don't know who would have won had they played one another. Some point out the meetings in 2002 and 2003. Yep, USC beat a 9-win team by 7 and an 8-win team by 23. The same two Auburn teams lost to UGA, 24-21 in 2002 and 26-7 in 2003. Guess what? The 2004 Auburn squad defeated a 10-win Georgia team, 24-7. The outcome of previous games from another season has no true barring on games played "now".

War Eagle!

Stat 

I like what you wrote... very much. Who knows if he will read it or not... but I wish he would.

My problem with this situation is that we did not get a CHANCE to play for the National Championship (BSC). My problem is that everytime we would win, they would say, "If you beat the next team, I will vote you #2/#1." Then we would beat them, but it still wasn't enough.

During this time, while we were beating teams like LSU, @ Tennessee, Georgia, @ Alabama, Tennessee (again), and Arkansas (who screwed up on their way to beat Texas)... USC was having trouble with Stanford, Oregon St., UCLA, Cal (lost to Texas Tech), and whoever else they had trouble with. Oh yeah, They didn't do any better against Virginia Tech than Auburn did.

Also during that time, Oklahoma was fighting for their life to beat Texas A&M (got stomped by Tennessee), Oklahoma St., and many more.

Eh... I will shut up now... won't make a difference.

eh, he's right

137464[/snapback]

If AU had beat VaTech 45 - 0 there would still have not been enough AP voters to push our Tigers ahead of USC. I hate it as much as anyone, but nothing would have changed.

137467[/snapback]

well obviously not one game

but let's take Oct. 2nd for instance....halftime 31-3, end score? 34-10....are you kidding me? only 3 points in the second half? we could have easily put up 2 more scores.

what about november 13th? we score our last points at 14:13 left in the 4th quater. tuberville just let the air out. did we need another score? of course not. would it have looked better? of course.

what about november 20th? our last score was at 11:31 in the 4th. did we need another score? of course not. could we have got another score? definitely.

what about Dec 4th. We got the ball back with a couple minutes remaining. it's hard to say here if we could have scored or not...i believe we could have. did we need it? nope. would it have looked better? yep

and finally jan 3rd.Our last score came with 10:39 remaining in the 3rd quater. THE 3RD QUATER? are you kidding me? we could have easily scored 2 more times.

guys, we need to quit kidding ourselves saying that points don't matter, it's only the W's in this column. well obviously by how the polls ended up, points do matter.

The part that upsets me is the arrogance that they pertrude that USC is obviously the better team because of one game that they played that wasn't even against AU. USC must be the best because they put up 55 pts on OU even though they have looked horrible in other games this year against weak oponnents.

Archived