Facemasks

eulessau

http://www.geekwire....s-brain-trauma/

New type of helmet -- supposed to reduce injuries ... ... $1500 unit price.

Was just about to post regarding this... while it will not do anything for facemask penalties the op mentions i think it is worth mentioning that helmets are about to change forever hopefully for the better as far as tbi's go.

I know this may sound crazy at first, but think about this idea. Eliminate the face mask from helmets completely! Replace them with plastic shields similar to what some hockey players wear. If nothing else, it would eliminate the dreaded facemask penalty, which is now called if you simply brush your hand against it. I have to believe that shields could be developed that would properly protect the faces of the players.

now what do we do about shoulder pads to get rid of the horse collar tackle problem?

http://www.geekwire....s-brain-trauma/

New type of helmet -- supposed to reduce injuries ... ... $1500 unit price.

"Battle Balls" would eliminate both the incidence of, and the need for penalties against, face-mask violations and horse-collar tackles. They might even be seen to encourage no-huddle offenses. Also would be a relatively cheap helmet.

'Course, the snap (on the hurry-up side of things) and selling of any option (e.g., a zone-read keeper/handoff) would become more problematic.

Oh yes. Finally someone else has been thinking about the facemasks. And no, he's not crazy for bringing up this topic.

The Orange Facemasks LIVES!!

As long as A4E is around, the orange facemask will never die.

There are as yet undiscovered tribes in the darkest rain-forests of South America that predicted that this thread was going to become and "orange facemask" pitch.

instead of facemasks or shields, the helmets should be equipped with visors molded in Kevlar with realistic tiger faces.

Archived