Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

They've done some good broadcast work, KEXP, Tonight Show, Americana Music Association Music Fest....some big dogs were on that gig. Allison Krause, Robert Plant, Neil Young, Fulbright, Emmylou, Rodney Crowell.

I've gotten screwed out of seeing St Paul right down the street from my house... twice. I'm still pretty bitter, as yall can surmise. I still have friends who thank me for suggesting that they meet me at one of those shows. Ugh.

Shook hands with Andre 3000 once and we wished each other a happy new year. He was just hanging out at my local pub all low key. I wasn't gonna bother him, but we literally bumped into each other. Super nice dude. Also got to attend a party at Stankonia. Big Boi performed about 5 ft in front of me. In a fur coat.

Will have to check that Third Man link tomorrow, but I heard the Stripes are releasing something. Hell yes.

Seen him so many times....like you at one concert, I only didn't enjoy one, because it was AA fall off the wagon night at the gig.

So much great music. Hard to go wrong. Tom Joad, River, Nebraska, Atlantic City, Streets of Philadelphia.......Born to Run, always a great live song. You'll have fun and if you've never seen him, it is a once in a lifetime sort of thing. A few shows hit that mark, Dylan too.

You know some good vid work would be nice? lol

Isn't he in Denver?

St. Paul at some little ATL place called the Earl.......never heard of it.... :cool: SEE? I'm not totally opposed, it's a cover. Damn good one, too.

Edited by telling tiger

^One of the shows I missed. Could've walked there. Friends and family are the absolute worst, who needs 'em, all they do is make you miss good live music...

:P

Okay, thought it might be some previously recorded material. Hadn't heard anything about them working together again, still, cool.

MC5, nice. Immediately went over to listen to some, saw a Faces link, and this song came to mind. Blew my mind the first time I heard it, even though now it sounds like the story of a spoiled college kid having the study abroad trip of a lifetime. Good album.

...and after all these years, that opening lyric is still pretty ballsy.

While, I'll not support the sentiment expressed, it is reality and plenty of people have been there, per chance me included, cough cough.

Sad when truth and ballsy have to be the same thing.

...and after all these years, that opening lyric is still pretty ballsy.

While, I'll not support the sentiment expressed, it is reality and plenty of people have been there, per chance me included, cough cough.

Sad when truth and ballsy have to be the same thing.

Well said.