Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Smart man - you don't want to travel down that rabbit hole, trust me. 

Bar exam is July 24-25.

Bar prep started yesterday - right now going through about 6.5 hours of instructional videos per day. Probably going to get worse moving forward. Good thing is, they give you the ability to set the speed of the video 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x....2x, so it doesn't have to take that long. Depending on my familiarity with the topic, I'll set it accordingly. Yesterday probably took 3.5 or 4 hours. Today might be a little longer, but not much. 

I'm still taking the full "10 minute" break between topics though. 

Some of my buds have described the prep as "grueling." Hang in there.

Break a leg.

Continue to visit when you can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Very cool song. I don't really know anything beyond their hit(s). 

A very welcome contrast to the studies, I'm sure. 

All their songs are just plain strange, but the lyrics are playful and their music definitely places me in a state of nostaligia...I think summer 2000 was when I first listened to that album. I was at camp for the summer and our counselor had the CD. Tupac's All Eyez on Me was also on rotation, IIRC.

Just now, Barnacle said:

All their songs are just plain strange, but the lyrics are playful and their music definitely places me in a state of nostaligia...I think summer 2000 was when I first listened to that album. I was at camp for the summer and our counselor had the CD. Tupac's All Eyez on Me was also on rotation, IIRC.

All Eyez would've been a year or two old at that point *I THINK* but definitely still in the mix. Wish I would have been more open to and appreciative of Tupac when he was alive. Which isn't to say I was completely ignorant. I actually have some sentimental memories from the kitchen of a wing joint in Montgomery. Dude had a singular voice in hip hop. 

Language warning, obviously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

All Eyez would've been a year or two old at that point *I THINK* but definitely still in the mix. Wish I would have been more open to and appreciative of Tupac when he was alive. Which isn't to say I was completely ignorant. I actually have some sentimental memories from the kitchen of a wing joint in Montgomery. Dude had a singular voice in hip hop. 

Language warning, obviously.

Oh yeah I think it was a couple years old. I meant it was in our mix - like the CDs that my counselor liked to play for us. That was my first introduction to Tupac. 

Before that, the only association I made with Tupac was this magazine cover (or one just like it) I saw in the grocery store one day:

rs-104380-0746_Tupac.jpg

As a 9-year-old, I thought "looks more like a 6-pack to me." True story. 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

As a 9-year-old, I thought "looks more like a 6-pack to me." True story. 

HOLY SHEIZENBOCKER that is hilarious

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

This new P Funk is exactly what I hoped it would be.

searching the damn' medicine cabinet now

• Haha 1

Rumours is one of the single most perfect albums. Literally every song is a banger. 

It’s definely in the same category with Graceland. Weezer Blue. Van Morrison Astral Weeks. 

But not the Eagles. Never the Eagles. 

20 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Rumours is one of the single most perfect albums. Literally every song is a banger. 

It’s definely in the same category with Graceland. Weezer Blue. Van Morrison Astral Weeks. 

But not the Eagles. Never the Eagles. 

What a great album.

Football discussions dislodged a memory

in time for the holiday weekend.

• Like 1

I don’t expect many of you to be privy, or care about the supposed beef between Lil Pump(super popular 17 year old former sound cloud rapper) and J. Cole. 

What sparked the drama was Cole’s song 1985 off his new album KOD. People in Pump’s camp, took it as offensive leading to “f j Cole” chants at his shows and the like.

A sample of Lil Pump’s music. It’s juvenile, and basic, but under the right chemicals...it’s a fun listen(I guess). 

That said, Cole sat down with Pump to squash the beef, and open us up to another side of Lil Pump—a seemingly troubled kid who found a wave of success and is riding it. In the interview, he comes off as humbled by Cole, a rapper twice his age. 

Anyway, I thought this was a good interview. It’s an hour long, so if you got the time and inclination...

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Thanks 1