Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

On 6/1/2018 at 12:18 PM, McLoofus said:

I've never read that before. I can get with the first 2 sentences, but the setlist goes pompous > elitist > insulting > disrespectful > apathetic from there. 

The article was published in 1991, a little over a year after Brent died. One of those cases of “if you don’t have anything good to say, don’t say anything at all”. Brent always felt like an outsider to the band due to him not being a Berkeley snob, even though he played with them for a decade. 

Rest of the article here: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/jerry-garcia-the-rolling-stone-interview-19911031

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

While I am not sure how to post from xbox actual song.......I sometimes like to get to myself turn out all the lights and light a candle and listen to the Ink Spots...there are many good ones ex..Its all over but the crying......I sit back and listen to some beautiful music and imagine how life was before t.v.

Gimme a minute (or, maybe 8-10?).

This one?

Also - think I've already posted "If I didn't care" (a favorite of mine) here, but here's one they had Ms. Fitzgerald sitting in.

Edited by AUld fAUx@
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I was wondering where I knew the Ink Spots from...Fallout 4. 

and 3?

16 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I was wondering where I knew the Ink Spots from...Fallout 4. 

The Fallout series has great soundtracks........New Vegas soundtrack captures that Vegas feel.....Wayne Newton as dj is genius.

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Gimme a minute (or, maybe 8-10?).

This one?

Also - think I've already posted "If I didn't care" (a favorite of mine) here, but here's one they had Ms. Fitzgerald sitting in.

Thank you sir❤?

19 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I didn’t play 3 very much, but put in a lot of time in 4. Interested to see what Fallout 76 will be like. 

same here..........lol I sat for hours watching that damn bobblehead..........picked up fo3 in 08 bored one day, a gift I bought for the kids.....was amazed at the artwork and music selection they used to capture that fallout shelter type era.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Thank you sir❤?

Future reference:

Ask and ye shall (at least to my web-search competencies)

• Love 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I didn’t play 3 very much, but put in a lot of time in 4. Interested to see what Fallout 76 will be like. 

Wasn't crazy about the story as much in 4 as I was in 3 and New Vegas..........Gameplay in 4 was a great improvement....loved setting up missle defenses at settlements and watching invaders get destroyed?

2 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Wasn't crazy about the story as much in 4 as I was in 3 and New Vegas..........Gameplay in 4 was a great improvement....loved setting up missle defenses at settlements and watching invaders get destroyed?

That’s a common opinion. I never played Vegas, and little of 3, so my opinion of FO4 is probably a little biased. I put in well over 100 hours in the base game. Now that you can add mods on Xbox, it introduces a new element. 

• Love 1

I cant find my disc......did manage to make lvl 192 with dlc's......like creation club and have seen some amazing mods for the game as a whole....

Appologies to all for hijacking thread?

• Like 1

I don't really know,

about lunch? Time for a relaxing interlude?

Aside to Mr. Golf - Sir, does your distaste for Chicago derive from their writing/material, or from their Jazz-Fusion presentation. e.g., Is this more mainstream jazzification more palatable?

54 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I don't really know,

Aside to Mr. Golf - Sir, does your distaste for Chicago derive from their writing/material, or from their Jazz-Fusion presentation. e.g., Is this more mainstream jazzification more palatable?

Any relation to David?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Any relation to David?

I am without clue.

^Thanks^ Good stuff.

3 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I am without clue.

^Thanks^ Good stuff.

There's always this one, of course. Beastie Boys sample to follow. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There's always this one, of course. Beastie Boys sample to follow. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Because why not. Easily my favorite Beastie Boys album.

Any relation?

4 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Any relation?

In lieu of available reactions, "Hah!" 

But no familial connections that I'm aware of, no. 

Update: I did find this.

David Bromberg was an interesting choice for source material. Where the Beasties were anomalous white Jews in predominantly black rap music, Bromberg was one of the few Jews totally fluent in American roots music. Doug Sahm fans may know him as the dobro player on Doug Sahm and Band. And while I’m only casually familiar with the Bromberg catalog, I can’t imagine him producing another track as straight-up funky as “Sharon.”

Edited by McLoofus
  • Thanks 1

Water fallin' from the sky! In So. Ala! Whodathunkit? (always makes the local drivers lose their minds).

Not sure if appropriate here (^can't even pretend to understand all the references^), and certainly not Vmy favorite tunesV (not even favorites from these artists), but there was a time when,

along with the horse manure in the streets, performers sold records politely referring to other performers.

6 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Not sure if appropriate here (^can't even pretend to understand all the references^), and certainly not Vmy favorite tunesV (not even favorites from these artists), but there was a time when,

along with the horse manure in the streets, performers sold records politely referring to other performers.

Image result for oh damn gif

• Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 12:33 PM, AUld fAUx@ said:

I don't really know,

Jazz-Fusion presentation mostly but also god awful concerts. Yes I was dumb enough to go twice

• Thanks 1