Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

I remember listening to my first 45..........it was Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock that belonged to my mother.....man I listened to that song over and over......Mother give me my first record player when I was 6.......it was like a suitcase just open and play........mother then opened up her Johnny Cash collection for me to listen to........by the time I was 10 that 45 collection grew and included but not limited to The Jackson 5, Elton John, and umm Abba?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I remember listening to my first 45..........it was Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock that belonged to my mother.....man I listened to that song over and over......Mother give me my first record player when I was 6.......it was like a suitcase just open and play........mother then opened up her Johnny Cash collection for me to listen to........by the time I was 10 that 45 collection grew and included but not limited to The Jackson 5, Elton John, and umm Abba?

tt and I had a running joke about ABBA I would drive him nuts when I posted them.........I would always say ABBA Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I usually would post this song. The cussing I would get from him was classic. RIP tt

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

tt and I had a running joke about ABBA I would drive him nuts when I posted them.........I would always say ABBA Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I usually would post this song. The cussing I would get from him was classic. RIP tt

You know I would have never admitted it in my David Lee Roth Van Halen teen years but I liked that song and a few others from Abba?

Music has a huge impact in our lives......Ive said before I was never a fan of The Beatles music, however I still remember sitting in my room listening to the Bee Gees album......Spirits Having Flown.......when my mother knocked on my door to tell me John Lennon had been shot.......I remember how sad I felt........While not a fan of their music I had much respect for the artist and his accomplishments.

• Like 2

Tom Delong ❤️

Edited by aubearcat
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 3:31 PM, kevon67 said:

The only good bubble gum is...

Actually, kind'a liked some Jackson 5 (and have posted some).

'Course, the pinnacle of bubble gum is:

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2018 at 10:29 AM, alexava said:

this guy is over looked

Rarely delve into lyrics, but

Is this the prize…?”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Rarely delve into lyrics, but

Is this the prize…?”

Is this a question?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, alexava said:

Is this a question?

Certainly looks like one (w./the question mark, and all), but

more to your implied point, mine above was a (literally?, at least lyrically) abbreviated question to the "Doctor" about "My Eyes" that (in afterthought) has no relevance to why the artist might have been "over looked"

Over the weekend, local radio introduced me to this guy. I'll explore further.

I have always liked them but as I get older I just appreciate the music by The Band more and more especially whatever Levon Helm is singing; The Weight, The night they drove old dixie down, Ophelia and Up on Cripple Creek.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

I have always liked them but as I get older I just appreciate the music by The Band more and more especially whatever Levon Helm is singing; The Weight, The night they drove old dixie down, Ophelia and Up on Cripple Creek.

Always been one of my favorite concerts . Love me some Levon

• Like 1

OK I going to alert people I'm going to be all over the place today. Some you may like and some you may hate.

Heard Don Henley on a podcast talk about this song. He said it was between a Chuck Berry beat and a country melody..hummmm

• Like 2

A little weird video...............parthenogenesis.......as someone said in the comment section 

"They just don't write good songs about parthenogenesis like they used to ..."

• Thanks 1

Now this band is just finishing up a tour which has made over $200 million so far. I've seen them one time they gave me my money worth.....I know its synth-pop/alternative but get over it. Also a little tid bit Dave Gahan I believe tried to commit suicide way back when. 

Also wife and I were in Nashville to go to the Ryman for a Keith Urban concert while at a bar before the concert they kept playing Mode don't have any idea why I remember that but that happens when you get old.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Anyone know what movie this was used in........................please no internet help.........think vampires....sorta

It wasn't Once Bitten, was it? With Jim Carrey?