Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Love Bob Seger man those are some great lyrics

Keep em comming as I eagerly await another story? I really enjoy them.

• Like 1

My favorite Green Day song. 

This song was on Nimrod, but it sounds like it should have been on Green Day's next album Warning. It has a similar type sound that was on Warning. Redundant was overshadowed by Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) which was on Nimrod and makes this song underrated in my opinion.

Edited by Auburnfan91
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

She's Fin of legal age??

Born in 1994, the same year the USMNT defeated Columbia in the World Cup. What a time to be alive.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Born in 1994, the same year the USMNT defeated Columbia in the World Cup. What a time to be alive.

In a very real sense,

aren't they all?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

If this is a reference to "North America" defeating Morocco's bid to host the 2026 World Cup, then I am in even more awe than usual, sir. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If this is a reference to "North America" defeating Morocco's bid to host the 2026 World Cup, then I am in even more awe than usual, sir. 

No credit due on that one. Didn't learn about the selection 'til this a.m. news.

1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

No credit due on that one. Didn't learn about the selection 'til this a.m. news.

Yeah. I shoulda checked the time stamp on the post. What do you call serendipitous prescience? Surely someone has written a song about it.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. I shoulda checked the time stamp on the post. What do you call serendipitous prescience? Surely someone has written a song about it.

Someone probably has but, top of my head, I could only find one about lack thereof:

• Like 1

Someone probably has but, top of my head, I could only find one about lack thereof:

Wow never thought I would here "If I Knew You Were Coming I'd Bake A Cake" but lets do some dancing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Wow never thought I would here "If I Knew You Were Coming I'd Bake A Cake" but lets do some dancing 

Just couldn't hold the camera steady through that, couldya?

Edited by AUld fAUx@
spelling
  • Love 1

Just couldn't hold the camera steady through that, couldya?

How did you guess................................wonder why :cool:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

How did you guess................................wonder why :cool:

Indeed.

I contemplate the Sound of One Hand   Clapping.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Indeed.

I contemplate the Sound of One Hand   Clapping.

well :abmbu:we want go there for now......................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Wow this is weird I was just listening to Three Dog. Saw them at Auburn and man what a great concert what is funny about going to that concert was I had no date. If you don't know the story I was the date set up guy for recruiting in football back in the day. I had contacts lets just say that and being a Theta Chi and playing golf did not hurt. And for some reason Shug took a liking to me especially since my best friend was a running back on the team. Well this particular night of the concert I couldn't get a frickin date to save my life. Even my hippie girlfriend turned me down well she was pissed cause of a blonde named Kathy, no mind, Romine. So to hell with it I went with the running back. Any way my favorite by 3DN is this and it sounded so good that night.

By the way my friend and I ended up at a party after the concert with girls doing table top dances. OK first song my fav by 3DN and the second song will be the song playing for table top dancing.

• Like 1

Crap just remember at the party we hooked up with 2 girls. Ok lets see if I get this right the running back had a convertible car don't remember make or model. Have no frickin clue why we did it but he had a Burger King paper crown in his car so one of the girls wanted to be homecoming queen. He gets the crown she puts it on and we head for main street Auburn and drive around while she waves at people walking around. Yes we may have been a little drunk or maybe a lot. True story swear......

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Crap just remember at the party we hooked up with 2 girls. Ok lets see if I get this right the running back had a convertible car don't remember make or model. Have no frickin clue why we did it but he had a Burger King paper crown in his car so one of the girls wanted to be homecoming queen. He gets the crown she puts it on and we head for main street Auburn and drive around while she waves at people walking around. Yes we may have been a little drunk or maybe a lot. True story swear......

Bring my friend another round.....he's just gettin warmed up❤?

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 10:38 AM, AUld fAUx@ said:

TG I Finally close out my Brickyard-Blues vignette.

The original (Mr. Toussaint) version (some distance ^above^) was apparently liked by other performers and almost immediately (like ~ a year) followed by a host of covers. These covers (especially immediately above by one of my favoritest bands) sucked the air(waves) out from the original. In fact, I heard the Three Dog Night version before I heard the original (and, TBH, the 3DG cover did sound better on my single, in-dash, AM-radio speaker of the time).

Apparently, the group below (a "more favoritest," thank goodness we don't have any editors looking over my shoulder here) also worked on a cover (far as I know, never finished?) during their Feats Don't Fail Me... recording session, but somebody (???) decided it wasn't up to snuff. Never even heard of this aborted attempt 'til years after Mr. George had left the building.

• Like 1