Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Early in the morning.............................Ft Lauderdale DJ 97.6 early Tanner in the morning. Always played this song about 6:30 while I was shaving getting ready to go to work. it gets you going. Lots of good memories from my Ft. Laud days.........................man I have had such a wonderful life to enjoy the things I love. Not to get soapy but as most of my T-Shirts say Life Is Good

• Like 2

Ok  in downtown Miami 1975 at a strip joint. My boss at the time said go pay this girl to dance to this frickin song. This is not a strip song but he paid for it and later we got multiple table tops from her...................guess it work. problem for me was I had a date the next morning with my Cuban girlfriend, Maria Cassnova,  yep that was her name lived in Little Havana in Miami. God i felt awful but I pulled thru it. Damn she was good looking but her parents were so old school. First words out of their mouths to me were oh your America......damn she was one good looking girl...

• Like 2

I'm assuming you guys have figured out the theme for tonight STRIP...............well here's another one............... strip joint in West Palm Beach Fl called "Old English Club" no fish and chips trust me. Well I was dating a girl who danced there about 1980. What she could do with tassles with this song was lets say special. By the way best strip song of all time. I know I've said that before but.........................

• Like 2

Oh just remembered this. She made $50,000 a year and drove a BMW as I was making only $30,000 in 1980. she would buy me Ping golf bags and putters galore. Her stage name was candy but real name Cindy

• Love 1

Special song and no not a strip song...................... one of the best albums of all time. But I was having a party at my apartment at Auburn when who shows up Phil Gargis QB at Auburn looking for my roommate, who also played on the football team, and Gargis girlfriend while I'm playing this album.

Long story short Phil found my roommate at the old All American Inn dancing with Gargis girlfriend and sucker punched him. Out like a light. Well my other roommate who also played on the team and myself found my friend outside the club out cold. Got him back to the apartment. I went to Sewell Hall and let Shug know as well as the other guys on the team. Lets just say Mr Gargis was taken on a long road trip to north Fl by 4 off. linemen. Shug told the off. lineman not to touch him but just scare the %$#@ out of him. Believe or not

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

@augolf1716, I know I say it a lot, but please feel free to share your stories (and music) as much as humanly possible. My goodness, you are living a life. 

I'll try to..... sometimes when I hear a song it reminds me of some event or situation I was in. Sorry if I sometimes repeat myself memory ain't what it use to be. And my fingers get ahead of my brain. There are times I really don't believe it happen myself I have been very fortunate in my life.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Many thanks! Post MGs, I assume?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Many thanks! Post MGs, I assume?

Most definitely - 2013, I think. Mostly a collaborative album with modern artists. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Most definitely - 2013, I think. Mostly a collaborative album with modern artists. 

Good stuff there, much of which would seem excellent weekend-at-home background.

I'll continue to explore, and 

thanks again.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

TGIF

Very nice version. We saw her on her blues tour. We were happy when she sang her 80s hits. But this was good.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2018 at 12:57 PM, Barnacle said:

Love Brooker T but damn these were great summer songs while on the Tn. river with the girlssssssssssssssss

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, augolf1716 said:

Special song and no not a strip song...................... one of the best albums of all time. But I was having a party at my apartment at Auburn when who shows up Phil Gargis QB at Auburn looking for my roommate, who also played on the football team, and Gargis girlfriend while I'm playing this album.

Long story short Phil found my roommate at the old All American Inn dancing with Gargis girlfriend and sucker punched him. Out like a light. Well my other roommate who also played on the team and myself found my friend outside the club out cold. Got him back to the apartment. I went to Sewell Hall and let Shug know as well as the other guys on the team. Lets just say Mr Gargis was taken on a long road trip to north Fl by 4 off. linemen. Shug told the off. lineman not to touch him but just scare the %$#@ out of him. Believe or not

May have been several years ago I remeber you telling this story......loved it then love it now.?.............Stepping out reminds me of my dad taking me to play golf with him.........I never spoke when the grown ups were talking........learned alot about interacting with others on the golf coarse that aided me in my professional life.....if that makes since.............funny how a good song can take you to a happy place.

• Love 1

On 6/6/2018 at 11:00 PM, augolf1716 said:

I will finish the story my best friend who was sucker punch and kick on his side while he was black out we took to the hospital had broken ribs black eyes so on and so on. Well Mike was very popular on the team. Actually due to injuries he was still on scholly but could not play anymore. Between the two of us we  were very good recruiters for Shug.

Now the kicker after I told the offensive lineman about it I told you they took him to north Fl. My bad it was actually just outside of Montgomery on a farm since Shug said not to touch him they tied a rope to his waste and to the back bumper of the car and threaten to drag his ass for a mile. Never heard another word from a**hole Phil

Side note the date my friend was on with Gargis girlfriend was a frickin blind date Mike had no idea who she was. 

Google Tom Banks Auburn football I'll tell you a story about him later. Has nothing to do with music is the problem

• Love 1

53 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

May have been several years ago I remeber you telling this story......loved it then love it now.?.............Stepping out reminds me of my dad taking me to play golf with him.........I never spoke when the grown ups were talking........learned alot about interacting with others on the golf coarse that aided me in my professional life.....if that makes since.............funny how a good song can take you to a happy place.

Makes total since, playing golf, got me promoted multiple times

• Thanks 1

This is Scott Weiland's last music video. I really like this song. It's sad that Scott wanted nothing to do with the band after recording the one album with Art of Anarchy. Imo, the one album he did with the band showed he still had a lot of musical energy left in him. As much I love Stone Temple Pilots, Weiland's last album he did with STP in 2010 was kind of mediocre. It just didn't have a lot of energy in it most STP albums have. The 2010 STP album was probably the worst STP album and that's a shame because the Art of Anarchy album in 2015 showed Weiland could still rock.

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2018 at 10:34 PM, augolf1716 said:

Oh just remembered this. She made $50,000 a year and drove a BMW as I was making only $30,000 in 1980. she would buy me Ping golf bags and putters galore. Her stage name was candy but real name Cindy

This was Cindy's favorite song it is just a feel good song. Just can't do a stripper dance to it unless your real talented which she was. I sometime wonder where she is now but damn I can't remember her last name. It that bad of me?

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

This was Cindy's favorite song it is just a feel good song. Just can't do a stripper dance to it unless your real talented which she was. I sometime wonder where she is now but damn I can't remember her last name. It that bad of me?

Now this takes me back to some of the first and most nervous slow dances as a young teen?

• Like 1