Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

One of my wife favorite groups and her favorite song I've seen them at least 10 times. Its a great song to end the concert with which they almost always do. 12 string baby

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Nope think a Brian De Palma movie

Pretty sure it's a different movie, but now you've got me thinking about The Hunger. Definitely a different song from that one that sticks out in my memory...

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Pretty sure it's a different movie, but now you've got me thinking about The Hunger. Definitely a different song from that one that sticks out in my memory...

OK here it is this video is a little racey so get ready. Movie is Body Double its really a good movie if you haven't seen it give it a shot

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Telescope scene you may want to sit down some really good music in this movie.

Depalma, so good at creating mood. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Depalma, so good at creating mood. 

One of the best never gets old I've seen this movie so many times I can't tell you but I have got to keep watching it. Plus the music is just perfect imo Music and movies means so much to me while watching. I learn a long time ago to stay to see the end of the movie and watch for the credits to see the songs I wanted to hear again as well as cut scenes 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

One of the best never gets old I've seen this movie so many times I can't tell you but I have got to keep watching it. Plus the music is just perfect imo Music and movies means so much to me while watching. I learn a long time ago to stay to see the end of the movie and watch for the credits to see the songs I wanted to hear again as well as cut scenes 

When I was younger I would make up movies scenes in my head as I listened to certain songs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Certainly looks like one (w./the question mark, and all), but

more to your implied point, mine above was a (literally?, at least lyrically) abbreviated question to the "Doctor" about "My Eyes" that (in afterthought) has no relevance to why the artist might have been "over looked"

I just don't recall him ever being a hit or scoring very big. As i get older and appreciate good writing .... lyrics that just kinda dig at you, he is one of the best. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, alexava said:

I just don't recall him ever being a hit or scoring very big. As i get older and appreciate good writing .... lyrics that just kinda dig at you, he is one of the best. 

For perspective, 

between my (now) wife (bless her heart) and me, he scored on 4 albums (not including our duplicates) and 4 concert tickets (for the 2 x times we know of that he came to our neighborhood). We tried to do our part.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, alexava said:

Jackson was hot for about 5 years with some really great songs but word got around he like to hit women allegedly. Rumor had it one was his then girlfriend Darryl Hannah. He kinda of disappeared. I agree with you he was a good song writer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Not the biggest Hawaiian music fan but I do like Moses and love IZ. Right @GiveEmElle

So, not a Ho* enthusiast?

[*Daniel, not Don; I, myself, detest the latter. Disclaimer - I have no Hos in my personal collection.]

14 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

So, not a Ho* enthusiast?

[*Daniel, not Don; I, myself, detest the latter. Disclaimer - I have no Hos in my personal collection.]

Really:poke:

• Thanks 1

New to this thread.  I saw some Jason Isbell posts so I figured I'd post Tyler Childers.  Dude is blowing up, I've seen him twice here in Atlanta and he is awesome.  Give him a shot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Interesting how much influence Hawaii ended up having on American music via the lap steel and the Bakersfield Sound. 

Not to mention the modern feminine physique!

Admission of Hawaii > acceptability of bare midriffs/belly buttons > evolution of proper bikinis > workout regimens

(I'm so ashamed)

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

New to this thread.  I saw some Jason Isbell posts so I figured I'd post Tyler Childers.  Dude is blowing up, I've seen him twice here in Atlanta and he is awesome.  Give him a shot. 

Thanks!

WILLCO

3 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Not to mention the modern feminine physique!

Admission of Hawaii > acceptability of bare midriffs/belly buttons > evolution of proper bikinis > workout regimens

(I'm so ashamed)

Please don't be ashamed. I would be lying if I didn't consider all of this to be very positive.

Besides, I would argue that it's not the bikini itself that leads to many of the self-esteem issues and body dysmorphia and such that women endure and that diminish the enjoyment of such conversations, but rather other (mostly media-related) influences. 

10 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Cool! Where has he been playing?

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Cool! Where has he been playing?

I saw him twice at Eddies Attic, but hes gotten a lot bigger since then.  Hes playing December 7th at variety playhouse.  Tickets go on sale the 22nd at 10AM.

Edit: Just to add some more about him.. Sturgill Simpson caught wind of him and produced his record.  He went on tour in Europe with Sturgill.

Edited by atl-tiger

6 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I saw him twice at Eddies Attic, but hes gotten a lot bigger since then.  Hes playing December 7th at variety playhouse.  Tickets go on sale the 22nd at 10AM.

Edit: Just to add some more about him.. Sturgill Simpson caught wind of him and produced his record.  He went on tour in Europe with Sturgill.

High praise, indeed.

Love Eddie's. Saw a lot of good acts there. Glad to see he's graduated to bigger rooms. Thanks for the rec!

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Jackson was hot for about 5 years with some really great songs but word got around he like to hit women allegedly. Rumor had it one was his then girlfriend Darryl Hannah. He kinda of disappeared. I agree with you he was a good song writer

I wonder if Neal Young smacks her around? She got it for song writers. 

Solstice.

Alas, shot my wad on good summer songs last spring.

Longest Movie theme:

• Like 2