Women vs. Vanderbilt - Game Thread

WarTiger

Vanderbilt fouling to stop the clock. 1 minute to play. Frerking going to the line for 2. 1st no good. 2nd good. 49-39

Dang....just never know what's going to happen with this team. Whatever their problems, Flo seems to get them ready for the next game...and they give it a go.

Nice win....

Auburn is now 15-8 (5-5 SEC). Much improved over last year where we only won 3 league games. This team is young, but the best thing for Flo is that they are improving.

A win Sunday in Tuscaloosa would be nice. AU is a better team than Alabama, but winning on the road is much easier said than done. War Eagle!

Very nice win! I have been so sick of our women losing to Vanderbilt! I hope this puts us over the hump with them.

Very nice win! I have been so sick of our women losing to Vanderbilt! I hope this puts us over the hump with them.

Happy with the win! Should have been a 15 or more point victory but happy none the less. War Eagle, ladies!

We did beat Vandy last year 70-58. Just reminding everyone.

Auburn is now 15-8 (5-5 SEC). Much improved over last year where we only won 3 league games. This team is young, but the best thing for Flo is that they are improving.

A win Sunday in Tuscaloosa would be nice. AU is a better team than Alabama, but winning on the road is much easier said than done. War Eagle!

My issue is that this team is young due to athletes leaving the program. In fact, the starting five is experienced, but for the point. We can't keep a PG on the team. While we may be better than bama today, there is no doubt that their roster looks a heck of a lot better talent wise. They are just extremely young. Look at their size. In fact, look at the size of the NCAA tournament teams in the SEC. We get pushed around by those teams. After Tracee Tanner leaves this year, we will have no presence in the paint. This is year 4! The talent level should not be on the downward slope like it is.

My issue is that this team is young due to athletes leaving the program. In fact, the starting five is experienced, but for the point. We can't keep a PG on the team. While we may be better than bama today, there is no doubt that their roster looks a heck of a lot better talent wise. They are just extremely young. Look at their size. In fact, look at the size of the NCAA tournament teams in the SEC. We get pushed around by those teams. After Tracee Tanner leaves this year, we will have no presence in the paint. This is year 4! The talent level should not be on the downward slope like it is.

I agree on the point of inside presence and we desperately need to find some size in the front court. I don't at all agree on the talent level being on a downward spiral. Obviously I would love for us to pull in a great class of top[ tier talent, but the program just isn't there right now. All it takes is one big time player and others will want to follow. We have some talented players for sure but that talent is young.

Archived