Cam's Post-Super Bowl Presser

RunInRed

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are onto something, Elephant tipper. Honestly I don't think he cares about the jokes, etc.....I mean, how many people have dealt with Updyke U on game day?

This situation has brought out every UpDyke from under every conceivable rock to hate on Cam. I'd love to take a bat to every one of them. lol One of the worst is G. McElroy who's speaking out of both sides of his mouth. Poor ole GM is still suffering from that concussion that T'Bell put on him.

All the UpDykes are hating on Cam because he exhibited willpower over them and AU beat the crap out of them in 2010. Guess they're still ticked that he led Rammer Jammer with the band too. lol

One of Cam's biggest defenders is Finebaum. Should he be believed ? :dunno:/>

The Updykes hate Cam. When he had his car accident one of them was on social media saying that he wished Cam had died. I'm sure the SB was unpleasant for them all since the QB's were from UT and AU.

As for Finebaum, he knows defending Cam will stir up his HUGE bammer fan base, resulting in better ratings.

I find it disgusting that Ray Rice beats his fiance to the point of unconsciousness and Cam walking out of a stupid presser generates more criticism.

What are you talking about! Please stop. Ray Rice hasn't even played in the league since he hit his fiancé. He is tarnished and untouchable thanks to the media. He deservedly faced a very much so public witch hunt that ruined his career, a witch hunt that his then wife begged for the media to stop. I find it disgusting that you think Cam drew more criticism than Ray Rice.

Well we know most Auburn fans are making excuses for Cam no matter what and don't care what he does. They'll defend him just because he played at Auburn.

He tore a Green Bay fan's banner off the stadium wall just because he didn't like it. Yet that was no big deal to most people on here. Cam has a pattern of being an a**hole.

I'm eagerly awaiting someone to post about the time Peyton ripped a fan's banner off a stadium wall too and compare it to Cam doing it but then say how people are only talking about Cam doing it.

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Ah, the blown out of proportion banner thing. Wasn't even supposed to be there in the first place per stadium rules. That's the risk you take for hanging a banner as a visiting fan. Wouldn't care if an AU rival did it when we were visiting. It's disrespectful to some degree, much like a bammer wearing their colors to OUR A Day.

To reiterate, I didn't care that he did it(in fact, I think I may have applauded him for it), and on the other hand I wouldn't care if anyone else did it. Try hanging a banner Baton Rouge, Athens, or Tuscaloosa and see what happens.

Funny thing is, some of Cam's harshest critics are Auburn fans. Too worried about what the office bammers will say to you Monday morning at the water cooler.

Speaking only for me, the difference is I wouldn't like how Cam acts no matter what college team he played for.

I really don't give a crap what a Bama fan thinks about my opinion about Auburn or former/current Auburn players. Bama fans make excuses for their former players also. AJ McCarron for example is someone I don't like but Alabama fans still like him because he played for Alabama even though a lot of people don't like him also.

Cam could be doing a lot more things than what people are vilifying him for. That's all I am saying.

If he were a drunk, woman abuser, got into fights, or anything else indefensible, then you would see a lot more people seeing it from your perspective. His defenders could be like UF fans who are still defending Aaron Hernandez.

You just don't like his personality despite all the good he has done for Auburn, Charlotte, his family, unfortunate youths, etc. But that is your right as a human. The good he does far outweighs his conceived shortcomings though.

But my main point is Auburn fans are using double standards because plenty of other players don't do those things either yet just because they didn't play at Auburn, most Auburn fans don't like other players if they act like Cam or act like sore losers. Hell, Auburn fans still mock AJ for leaving the field after the Kick Six.

I'm not looking for any kind of agreement, I'm just pointing out how I'm not just viewing this because I'm worried about Alabama fans or rival fans opinions. I look past the jersey and look at the person as an individual. I think how you act on the field also reflects your true personality.

I'd wager most NFL players give to charity or help their alma maters also. You talk like Cam is some sort of unique individual because he does those things.

I know I'm in the minority. I'm not going to just dismiss how someone acts because they happened to play for my favorite team. I think how you act, reflects your character and personality, not just doing good deeds. It makes you more genuine and authentic if carry yourself on the field in the same way that you do good things that people see, not just talk the talk and showboat.

Donald Trump raised money for veterans, do you like Trump?

At this point you and I will just have to agree to disagree. I'm not going to talk in circles because that's where this has already ended up. We've both stated our cases and we won't see eye to eye on this particular issue. I'll let someone else chime in if they see fit.

As far as Trump is concerned, I think that can be saved for the politics forum.

I'm not brining politics into as far who you like or who you should vote for but more as a point that just because you do something good doesn't mean people like your personality.

Cam has earned his criticism despite his supporters thinking it's unfair.

I know where you were going with Trump in terms of the point you were making, but it's a much more involved topic that requires more discussion than this forum needs.

Like I said, agree to disagree. Neither of us will change each other's minds regarding Cam. We'll see how the offseason and next season treats him, then perhaps we can revisit this topic.

I think you are onto something, Elephant tipper. Honestly I don't think he cares about the jokes, etc.....I mean, how many people have dealt with Updyke U on game day?

This situation has brought out every UpDyke from under every conceivable rock to hate on Cam. I'd love to take a bat to every one of them. lol One of the worst is G. McElroy who's speaking out of both sides of his mouth. Poor ole GM is still suffering from that concussion that T'Bell put on him.

All the UpDykes are hating on Cam because he exhibited willpower over them and AU beat the crap out of them in 2010. Guess they're still ticked that he led Rammer Jammer with the band too. lol

The Updykes hate Cam. When he had his car accident one of them was on social media saying that he wished Cam had died. I'm sure the SB was unpleasant for them all since the QB's were from UT and AU.

As for Finebaum, he knows defending Cam will stir up his HUGE bammer fan base, resulting in better ratings.

I find it disgusting that Ray Rice beats his fiance to the point of unconsciousness and Cam walking out of a stupid presser generates more criticism.

What are you talking about! Please stop. Ray Rice hasn't even played in the league since he hit his fiancé. He is tarnished and untouchable thanks to the media. He deservedly faced a very much so public witch hunt that ruined his career, a witch hunt that his then wife begged for the media to stop. I find it disgusting that you think Cam drew more criticism than Ray Rice.

He is tarnished and untouchable because he beat his fiance to unconsciousness in an elevator, not because of the media. I find it disgusting that you blame the media.

He is tarnished and untouchable because he beat his fiance to unconsciousness in an elevator, not because of the media. I find it disgusting that you blame the media.

No. Goodell already knew about Rice hitting his fiancée and was prepared to suspend him for only a couple games tops. He had already saw the video of Rice dragging his lifeless wife though the lobby. And more than likely, he saw the elevator camera( even though he denies it.) Yet he was at peace with the decision. However, the media found the elevato rvideo, which prompted a witch hunt, which forced Goodell's hand and basically forced double jeopardy of the same offense! And that's the facts!!

Your premise that more people criticized Cam than they criticized Rice sounds absurd. I will let you explain your reasoning though so good luck.

No. Goodell already knew about Rice hitting his fiancée and was prepared to suspend him for only a couple games tops. However, the media found out about the video, which prompted a witch hunt, basically forcing Goodell's hand and forcing double jeopardy of the same offense! And that's the facts!!

HE BEAT A WOMAN TO THE POINT OF UNCONSCIOUSNESS. He didn't "hit his fiance." He beat her. And all he was going to get is a suspension for "a couple of games tops"? That seems right to you? You sympathize with a man that beats a woman because his career was ruined?

No. Goodell already knew about Rice hitting his fiancée and was prepared to suspend him for only a couple games tops. However, the media found out about the video, which prompted a witch hunt, basically forcing Goodell's hand and forcing double jeopardy of the same offense! And that's the facts!!

HE BEAT A WOMAN TO THE POINT OF UNCONSCIOUSNESS. He didn't "hit his fiance." He beat her. And all he was going to get is a suspension for "a couple of games tops"? That seems right to you? You sympathize with a man that beats a woman because his career was ruined?

Yeah? I never said anything even remotely close to what you just suggested in the last two sentences. Gooddell was only going to suspend him for a couple games until the media found the elevator video. Reading comprehension wasn't meant to be rocket science.

"He didn't "hit his fiance." He beat her. "

I never claimed he didn't beat her; was this distinction necessary?Was I wrong when I claimed he hit her?

Yeah? I never said anything even remotely close to what you just suggested in the last two sentences. Gooddell was only going to suspend him for a couple games until the media found the elevator video. Reading comprehension wasn't meant to be rocket science.

I never claimed he didn't beat her; was this distinction necessary?Was I wrong when I claimed he hit her?

The last two sentences were questions. Was that hard to comprehend?

And yes a distinction between beat and hit is necessary, IMO.

"You sympathize with a man that beats a woman because his career was ruined?"

That's a pointed question that could mean "why do you sympathize with woman beaters( ruined career)?" just as much as "you sympathize with a woman beater ?"

Nice try. And no, the distinction was nothing more than a red herring. I never claimed he didn't beat her.

That's a pointed question that could mean "why do you sympathize with woman beaters( ruined career)?" just as much as "you sympathize with a woman beater ?"

Nice try. And no, the distinction was nothing more than a red herring. I never claimed he didn't beat her.

Then perhaps you should clarify your use of the word "witch hunt" in regards to Ray Rice. According to my "reading comprehension" a witch hunt is an attack or campaign against someone who holds views that are unpopular or unorthodox, not an attack or campaign on someone who committed a felony assault.

Then perhaps you should clarify your use of the word "witch hunt" in regards to Ray Rice. According to my "reading comprehension" a witch hunt is an attack or campaign against someone who holds views that are unpopular or unorthodox, not an attack or campaign on someone who committed a felony assault.

What? Where is this stuff coming from?

"witch hunt" in a sentence: ESPN launched a witch hunt in 2010 against Cam over whether he was paid to play. Another example is Tom Brady....

What? Where is this stuff coming from?

"witch hunt" in a sentence: ESPN launched a witch hunt in 2010 against Cam over whether he was paid to play. Another example is Tom Brady....

Where is what stuff coming from?

You stated in a post above that the media found out about the video which prompted a witch hunt that forced Goodell's hand. Cam Newton was innocent so the term witch hunt is appropriate there. Ray Rice is guilty, there is evidence that proves that, so to say he is a victim of a witch hunt implies that he is innocent.

As for Brady, deflating balls is a violation of NFL rules, not a felony assault.

"Cam Newton was innocent so the term witch hunt is appropriate there."

People, whether innocent or guilty, can both become a target of a witch hunt. Hence the term "witch-hunt." Witches were hunted in the old days, and they definitely were not considered innocent.

The media brought a witch hunt after the second video was released that turned his two game suspension into him being indefinitely suspended and subsequently cut from the Ravens.

People, whether innocent or guilty, can both become a target of a witch hunt. Hence the term "witch-hunt." Witches were hunted in the old days, and they definitely were not considered innocent.

The media brought a witch hunt after the second video was released that turned his two game suspension into him being indefinitely suspended and subsequently cut from the Ravens.

Yes, in the Spring of 1692 in Salem a group of young girls claiming to be possessed by the devil accused several people of witchcraft. A witch hunt ensued, resulting in the deaths of 150 men, women and children. Many, if not all of those 150 were innocent. So typically the term witch hunt is applied to the defamation of the innocent, not the guilty.

It is perfectly fine if you want to refer to the media reporting Ray Rice's abuse of a woman as a witch hunt. I disagree and prefer to refer to it as a violent man getting his comeuppance, albeit not enough.

Yes, in the Spring of 1692 in Salem a group of young girls claiming to be possessed by the devil accused several people of witchcraft. A witch hunt ensued, resulting in the deaths of 150 men, women and children. Many, if not all of those 150 were innocent. So typically the term witch hunt is applied to the defamation of the innocent, not the guilty.

It is perfectly fine if you want to refer to the media reporting Ray Rice's abuse of a woman as a witch hunt. I disagree and prefer to refer to it as a violent man getting his comeuppance, albeit not enough.

Okay. I see the problem with my term witch hunt. You were more so thinking "public smear campaign" when I said witch hunt, and usually only the innocent can have their name smeared. But you have to remember that even though Rice hit his financee, he only initially received a two game sentence. Instead of saying witch hunt though, I'll say that the media surrounded the Ray Rice story like an "angry mob" after the elevator video because he only got a two game sentence for hitting his fiancée. And then, just like that, his two game sentence turns into a much much longer suspension, even though Goodell was given zero new information to change the suspension.

Okay. I see the problem with my term witch hunt. You were more so thinking "public smear campaign" when I said witch hunt, and usually only the innocent can have their name smeared. But you have to remember that even though Rice hit his financee, he only initially received a two game sentence. Instead of saying witch hunt though, I'll say that the media surrounded the Ray Rice story like an "angry mob" after the elevator video because he only got a two game sentence for hitting his fiancée. And then, just like that, his two game sentence turns into a much much longer suspension, even though Goodell was given zero new information to change the suspension.

I think being angry or outraged over the fact that a man abused a woman is perfectly acceptable. He committed a crime. What he did was morally and legally wrong.

Cam walking out of his presser drew an insane amount of criticism. Even Rob Lowe chimed in. Sure don't recall him making snide comments about Ray Rice.

I think being angry or outraged over the fact that a man abused a woman is perfectly acceptable. He committed a crime. What he did was morally and legally wrong.

Cam walking out of his presser drew an insane amount of criticism. Even Rob Lowe chimed in. Sure don't recall him making snide comments about Ray Rice.

Well, I don't know. Is Lowe supposed to be the public indicator of whether or not too much criticism was given?I don't think you remember how much and how long the Ray Rice story was a hot topic.

The Ray Rice incident actually changed the landscape of professional and college sports in my opinion. It created a new sensitivity to domestic violence. As a matter of fact, Gus Malzahn may or may not have done an about-face on whether he wanted to recruit Jonathan Taylor before the Rice story hit. Now? Gus says "you just don't go there."

As for the criticisms: http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24701021/current-former-nfl-players-tweet-out-intense-criticism-of-ray-rice

Well, I don't know. Is Lowe supposed to be the public indicator of whether or not too much criticism was given?I don't think you remember how much and how long the Ray Rice story was a hot topic.

The Ray Rice incident actually changed the landscape of professional and college sports in my opinion. It created a new sensitivity to domestic violence. As a matter of fact, Gus Malzahn may or may not have done an about-face on whether he wanted to recruit Jonathan Taylor before the Rice story hit. Now? Gus says "you just don't go there."

And again you miss my point. I'm not saying that Rob Lowe is the "public indicator." My point is that Cam faced harsh criticism for something so silly as walking out of a press conference. I'd prefer to live in a world that is more outraged over violence than Cam's post SB behavior.

Archived