2017 4* LB Tadarian "TD" Moultry signs with AU (Updated)

WarDamnEagleWDE

IMO the only thing a silent or verbal commitment means is that the particular team is simply the leader at that particular point in time. If we took this approach there would be less melting when that player changes his current leader and decommits.

Edited by thaitopher

A silent commit doesn't mean much though imo

Well, it means less than a verbal commit, and a verbal commit is far from binding, so I'm inclined to agree with you from up here in the cheap seats.

A silent is a verbal...to the coaches. It virtually means no more or less than doing it publicly IMO.

IMO the only thing a silent or verbal commitment means is that the particular team is simply the leader at that particular point in time. If we took this approach there would be less melting when that player changes his current leader and decommits.

37524825.jpg

Well, it means less than a verbal commit, and a verbal commit is far from binding, so I'm inclined to agree with you from up here in the cheap seats.

A silent is a verbal...to the coaches. It virtually means no more or less than doing it publicly IMO.

Yeah, I know what a silent is. I should've said "public" instead of "verbal", even though I used the same descriptors that are standard in recruiting media to differentiate the two. Anyway, if there's no difference, then why do the two separate forms of committing exist?

I would think that a public commitment adds a ton of pressure from... the public. Look at how kids get trashed on here when they publicly switch commitments. This site is just this site- I already know that also- but if it's happening here, it's also happening a lot closer to home for these kids, and probably more intensely. As a result- among other reasons that separate a public commitment from a silent one- I have to guess that sometimes it's the kids who tell coaches, "I'm going to play for you, but I'm not ready to go public with it yet."

Yeah, I know what a silent is. I should've said "public" instead of "verbal", even though I used the same descriptors that are standard in recruiting media to differentiate the two. Anyway, if there's no difference, then why do the two separate forms of committing exist?

I would think that a public commitment adds a ton of pressure from... the public. Look at how kids get trashed on here when they publicly switch commitments. This site is just this site- I already know that also- but if it's happening here, it's also happening a lot closer to home for these kids, and probably more intensely. As a result- among other reasons that separate a public commitment from a silent one- I have to guess that sometimes it's the kids who tell coaches, "I'm going to play for you, but I'm not ready to go public with it yet."

The only pressure that matters IMO is family, high school coaches, potential money handlers, & organization like the REC. A commitment does not have to be public for those pieces to have influence.

You don't think a kid cares if people are blowing him up on social media, in the comments section of his local news site, at school, at church, etc?

The only pressure that matters IMO is family, high school coaches, potential money handlers, & organization like the REC. A commitment does not have to be public for those pieces to have influence.

But, who's on first ?

You don't think a kid cares if people are blowing him up on social media, in the comments section of his local news site, at school, at church, etc?

I didn't say they don't care. I am saying they don't influence a kid's final choice IMO. Negative comments from those places will hurt but kids will do what they or the influential people in their lives want them to on on their college choice. Edited by ellitor

But, who's on first ?

point taken.

TD is pretty pumped about his bump, feels his hard work is paying off.

Really enjoyed BCW and doing some recruiting.

TD is pretty pumped about his bump, feels his hard work is paying off.

Really enjoyed BCW and doing some recruiting.

And he gave the glory to God. True to his twitter handle he is a humble kid.

Very, very interesting...there's an article on 247 right now quoting TD as saying, "There are some silents."

Tommy likey. Tommy want wingy.

Is it save to assume the article is VIP?

Very, very interesting...there's an article on 247 right now quoting TD as saying, "There are some silents."

Tommy likey. Tommy want wingy.

Is it save to assume the article is VIP?

Yes but it doesn't matter. There were no names or hints in the article as to who they may be.

But, who's on first ?

point taken.

No point, it was joke. ;D

But, who's on first ?

point taken.

No point, it was joke. ;D

Point with a joke my friend...Just relax E.

Mikey should finally be happy with all these linebacker commitments with Kenny, Wooten, and TD plus we likely get Rice or Benton.

I don't think we are going to have his requisite 8 ALL SEC linebackers per year but this should do.

Mikey should finally be happy with all these linebacker commitments with Kenny, Wooten, and TD plus we likely get Rice or Benton.

I don't think we are going to have his requisite 8 ALL SEC linebackers per year but this should do.

KJ is not committed yet.

KJ is not committed yet.

I stand corrected and my point still remains. Edited by aujeff11

KJ is not committed yet.

I stand corrected and my point still remains.

He has said before he is happy with the 2 LB commitments & the overall AU developments with other on the board.

KJ is not committed yet.

He has said before he is happy with the 2 LB commitments & the overall AU developments with other on the board.

Yo!!! It was a joke.

KJ is not committed yet.

Yo!!! It was a joke.

No sarcasm font so I had no clue. My bad.

• 1 month later...